Making a server unique

apguitarman6's Avatar apguitarman67/30/13 11:48 am
7/31/2013 12:32 am
DtigerCSK's Avatar DtigerCSK
Hello all,
I am the owner of a server called shadowcraft pvp. It is a factions/bounty server with a few minigames, and raiding and griefing allowed. I was thinking that having bounty would be a unique thing and would set my server apart from other servers, but the fact is not very many people are using it, so it seems like my server isn't unique at all. I am doing a server revamp soon, where I am going to put in a new, more pvp friendly spawn, and try and push bounty more. But I was wondering, is just having bounty enough, or should I think of another thing to make our pvp experience differ from the rest? One other idea I had was to push the fact that the server is "Non-Op" because it seems to me that most factions servers that are popular now give you full prot 4 diamond and diamond tools right off the bat. I also thought of maybe removing diamonds completely from ore generation, or making a different ore and biome generation process to make a really cool feel to it. At this point these are all just some ideas I've had, So what do you guys think of my ideas? Make sure to add your own ideas as well!
Thanks,

-apguitarman6
apguitarman6
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Luke258
07/30/2013 12:41 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
Player heads is a great one, really adds a fun edge to pvp
KitPlugin is great for easily setting up pvp kits

Also, i recommend getting a custom death messages plugin, it makes the general atmosphere feel more authentic

I would recommend PvpLogger, which makes the game alot fairer
DtigerCSK
07/31/2013 12:32 am
Level 34 : Artisan Pokemon
That is just like the other thousands of "pvp raiding factions" servers. These "30 minute servers" don't have the uniqueness that makes them stand out, you're going to need something completely new that other servers do not have. These can be custom plugins, or just a very well constructed idea that is unique just to your server. Ever wonder why those minigame servers like the Shotbow Network, or Hivemc, that have over a few thousand players are so popular? They have gameplay that is not found on any other server. You see hunger games on nearly every other server out there, which makes those servers very very hard to be popular, they lack the uniqueness.

TL;DR: If you want to be unique, make something a big gameplay changer, with unique plugins, etc.
Luke258
07/30/2013 12:07 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
There are alot of custom pvp plugins out there, and using one or two of those will really boost your servers reputation and originality
apguitarman6
07/30/2013 12:09 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
Thanks for the reply Luke,
By custom pvp plugins, do you mean having a plugin custom made or just a plugin that changes up the pvp experience a bit? If you mean the latter, could I please have a few examples? Thanks,
-apguitarman6
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome