Massive chunk error

3mopenguin's Avatar 3mopenguin7/8/13 12:45 am
7/8/2013 1:08 am
aman207's Avatar aman207
Okay, so launch for my server was supposed to happen in 2 days, but that more then likely will not be happening anymore due to this new predicament I am in.

About a week and a half ago, the server crashed and no one could join the server again until I manually restarted it via console (I use beastnode). Then only one person couldn't join, and whenever he tried to join, the server crashed. I reset his playerdata and used one of the backups I had from a few days before. The server went fine for a few days when it happened again, which I repeated the process. It happened the next day, so I went to the oldest backup i had which was 6 days before the first incident. This time I noticed that nothing got rolled back. I knew for a fact that I had not done the interior for one of the houses in spawn by that date, but the interior was there, no rollback at all. This confused me greatly, but the server ran fine for another week. Then it happened again, but this time my staff member found out what it was. It was a warp at -83,25,145. So, I deleted the warp and wanted to approach the chunk error slowly to see when it started, so I tp'd to 0,100,0 to fly from there, but when I tp'd there I spawned inside a block, so I tried going higher to 0,255,0 but it wouldn't let me, then shortly after the server crashed.

The chunk error is massive, so large that I can't figure out where it ends (although it does begin right at -83,0,145) and my backups didn't do anything at all.

Luckily nothing important is in the chunk error. I know I can copy/paste spawn to a new world if I need to, but spawn is pretty massive and it will take quite a while if I do, so before I do that, I was wondering if there was any other way of resetting those chunks. I don't need any of the builds that were there, I just need the chunks to be there, even if it's just solid bedrock as I wouldn't mind Voxelling the entire area to look normal. I'm relatively knew to running a server, and everything I have learned about servers has come from either listening to owners talk about console, Trial and Error, or YouTube, so any advice about this situation would be very helpful as I am always looking to learn.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.
I looked at console and it seems like a World Edit command did this, but that's not confirmed. My server has 768 MB of RAM.
3mopenguin
Level 1 : New Crafter