Moving Forward

eChris's Avatar eChris8/9/16 1:23 am
1 emeralds 100 1
8/9/2016 9:54 am
raidarr's Avatar raidarr
It has been just a few days since I released my server, Dimension Realms (play.drealms.us).
The server peaks at around 15 people and averages around 5. I know however, that this is merely because the server is new.
What ways are there to further expand my player-base, and keep the older players interested?
I have a small amount of money I am willing to spend, but nothing over 10$.
eChris
Level 7 : Apprentice Narwhal

Create an account or sign in to comment.

raidarr
08/09/2016 9:54 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
I hate to be vague, but the most appropriate statement would be "something your players will miss when they leave". That can come up to a high degree of polish, good builds and those things combined with plugins that are uncommon and/or used in a twist. One good way to figure what that is could be to simply join servers randomly and get an idea for what isn't there across them that you could do to open your chunk of the community.

Combined with that, advertise -everywhere-. PMC post and PMC servers section. Every site you can think of dedicated to the purpose. Even smaller ones like (Ad link removed) net ya some folks. Try to make a title that doesn't blend in because whatever you do, you'll be another face in the crowd.

Throwing the staff card in there works, but I don't like it. Tends to attract a poor kind of community and unless you like recruiting staff hunters (which I strongly suggest not), there won't be much net gain. Having seen the staff hunting world I also consider the sort only good for elaborate trolling.

Good staff, obviously. Fewer but better's my suggestion, an app that looks decent says little for what the person will be as staff if you haven't seen them on the server.

Mmm. That should be a start.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome