My Mob Grinder/Xp Farm is Not Working as Well in My Survival World

cupcakeroyalty's Avatar cupcakeroyalty6/15/20 10:59 am
1 emeralds 1.7k 2
6/18/2020 10:15 pm
LoadedInReverse's Avatar LoadedInReverse
Hello,

I needed a form of xp, so I decided to build a mob farm. The design I used is from a YouTuber called gnembon, who makes efficient and impressive farms. I changed it into an xp farm (so it's lower to the ground than the original, a 22 block drop for the mobs). I tested it in my redstone ready creative world and it worked extremely well. I went over to my survival world and built it.

The farm works, just not as good as the one in my creative world. I get about 5 mobs per 1-2 minutes, which is very low compared to the one I built in the other world. I even went into some caves to light them up, but it didn't make much of a difference. Here are some more pics of the farm:

I used a 24-repeater redstone clock,

Here's the farm when I wait a long time,

The farm is on top of a cave (I lit it up as much as I could), I'm suspicious that this affected the farm.

Then here's the bottom of it.

If anyone knows the possible things I can do to make this farm work better, I'd be more than glad to look at your responses.

Here's the tutorial I followed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guvMmdeZqiI

Thank you
cupcakeroyalty
Level 8 : Apprentice Artist