Need a dedicated server host

Psycho_god32's Avatar Psycho_god3210/29/12 7:12 pm
1 emeralds 140 4
11/2/2012 11:30 pm
bodiedoo's Avatar bodiedoo
Hello, My server is growing and I'm currently looking for a new provider. I want to get a dedicated server and prefer to have it hosted rather than buy a new server and colocate it. However both are options depending on the price. My server is a pvp/eco server and Im wanting to split them into two seperate servers, then add a tekkit server.
So for the new machine Id like it to be 16-32 gigs of ram and decent specs all around. I will be hosting 3-4 minecraft servers and a teamspeak off of it. I have a system admin that will set up a dedicated server for me long as I can get it hosted. He said he will install the OS for me himself, so I dont need a system with that.
I have found three sites recently. The first being server4you.com at first glance I saw alot of misspelling in ads and saw it to be unproffesional but the specs were great. However after looking into it, I didnt see the point risking my server and money on that site.
After that I found OVH.com and really liked it and it looked proffesional and well maintaned such of a large company, the only draw back was I dont live in the UK so it wouldnt let me order.
The third I found was Hetzner.com and the specs are great the site looks proffesional. They seem to be a good company, I have sent in a support ticket and recieved a responce back within two hours. My first impressions were great. The price was pretty cheap and I have been really debating on purchasing through them.
However since this is my first time buying a dedicated server and since it will be used primarily for minecraft, I figured it would be wise to ask a large minecraft community what they thought of these and other providers. Im open to all suggestions long as its not too outlandish and will take all advise. I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan so I don't have hours to spend searching for a dedicated server provider.
If you have any stories about these or other providers please share as it will help alot in my final decision. I am willing to place around 100 dollars a month on the dedicated server, but can go up to around 150. Thats about the most im willing to do at this time as I dont know how my donations will be coming in. Im not afraid to lose 100-150 a month on a game I love that my friends and Fiance enjoy so much, But once it gets in the 3-400 range I just simply cant do till I have stable donation base.
Please let me know of any providers you guys may have history of using and like them. Also like I said I may be interested in colocating depending on the price. Thanks very much everyone,
Psycho/Shawn
Psycho_god32
Level 15 : Journeyman Engineer