I need major help! This is important! Please help me!

Diamond_Knight8's Avatar Diamond_Knight83/10/14 2:25 pm
3/10/2014 6:25 pm
HunterDominic's Avatar HunterDominic
Okay, so here's the deal: I was playing minecraft recently and I had turned on my computer to play on multiplayer. It was fine, until my wifi went out( that's not the problem, I just haven't updated my computer yet) naturally, I turned it off, and took out the battery(I use a laptop) and put it back in. I loaded it up and started minecraft, but when I went to play multiplayer, every server I ever joined and every ip I had ever yyped in was gone. I checked single player, and it still had all my worlds, but my server list was blank. Empty. Gone. I have no clue how it happened because I haven't done anything. Can anyone help me?
Diamond_Knight8
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/10/2014 6:06 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Geek
Z645
Go to %appdata%. Then find the servers.DAT file. It may be renamed to something else. Change the file type to .dat again if it is.
03/10/2014 5:53 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
lezam
I KNOW A SOLUTION! This is what I do if i have lost files I accidentally deleted on my laptop.

Go to start and then all programs and system restore. restore it to a point where it was actually working, or in your case when you had your servers list. then just hit the restore button and wait like half an hour depending on the speed, and eventually it will be good.

if that does not help, go to system restore again and restore back to undo whatever you did. at this point you should be where you started, immediately shut down the computer. don't use it any more, just shut down. now go to your norton ghost and backups, and restore from a backup. (make a backup first before you restore from a backup) and then what you want to do is this. this is what you want to do. you'll want to do this. what you'll want to do is what i'm about to tell you right now so are you listening???!!!! because this is IMPORTANT so i'll make it bold

MAKE A BACKUP FIRST BEFORE YOU RESTORE!!! otherwise you could make it even worse.

alright now that once you've restored, some of your files are gone but now you have your working server list again. now if that still doesn't work (for example you do not have any backups you made) listen up because now you have to shut down the computer, take out the battery and do not plug it in. in fact do not do anything with it until you take it to a technician computer servicing for data recovery. google them they're called 'data recovery' i used the first one that came up, usually the ones in yellow boxes work best (no theyre not ads they are sponsored there's a difference) and now what you'll wnat to do is take your laptop's hard drive to them and they will recover as much data as they can before it fails. this will hopefully recover your server list, and thats it.

your welcome for advise on what to do.
03/10/2014 6:25 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
HunterDominic
DO NOT DO THIS. NEVER DO THIS.
03/10/2014 6:10 pm
Level 24 : Expert Toast
nolez15
Do NOT do this! This is awful advice and will only create more problems.
03/10/2014 3:12 pm
Level 20 : Expert Cake
mcrocks999
Fortunately nothing happen like that to me, so I cannot help you.
03/10/2014 3:10 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Programmer
nickfromgreece
Did you purposefully crash the system(taking out the power without properly shutting it down yet)? if yes then the server data file might have been in the process of updating and when you cut the power it corrupted it.
03/10/2014 3:24 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
Diamond_Knight8
No, I always turn off my laptop properly so I don't damage it. Is there anything else I can do?
03/10/2014 3:06 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Pixel Painter
CryoMCGod
Yeah I don't think you can recover it,
03/10/2014 3:05 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Warrior
Lewie
That's happened to me before... Unfortunately I don't think there is a way to recover them.
Sorry that I couldn't help.

~Lewie
03/10/2014 2:58 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Hunter
Aarnini45555
Dude I understand your problem, I have the same thing except this happens to me on a regular basis
I also check my .servers and nothing there but spam.. like this 56bfksffCdaOvshs0
03/10/2014 2:27 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
Noobs_in_kfc
look in your minecraft folder, maybe it's still there, if not, you can't recover it.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome