Parallax Occlusion Mapping help? gbuffers_terrain.fsh

Jnaejnae's Avatar Jnaejnae5/12/16 9:52 pm
1 emeralds 1.4k 5
5/13/2016 3:32 am
Jnaejnae's Avatar Jnaejnae
So there is this newish feature to the shaders mod, specifically version 10.1 of SUES shaders. This feature is Parallax Occlusion Mapping (POM) and what it does is that it allows semi reflective surfaces, a smoother 3D looking block models, ect https://i.ytimg.com/vi/v6OcRUwCWJY/maxresdefault.jpg http://s354.photobucket.com/user/Death_ ... 2.png.html

That has to be combined with a compatible texturepack. My problem is to activate POM you have to modify your "gbuffers_terrain.fsh" in SUES for it to work. I tried to follow tutorials, but I cant figure it out and I think I deleted somethings I was not supposed to. I was hoping someone could just copy paste their gbuffers_terrain.fsh here that works with POM, and maybe some additional tips on how to make a texturepack with POM features. Thanks
Jnaejnae
Level 38 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Latiodile
05/13/2016 2:29 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
photobucket took too long to load for a simple image, might want to use something else like imgur, lightshot or puush
Jnaejnae
05/13/2016 2:49 am
Yo I did not upload those images, because obviously that was a working example and I have yet to make it work. I just got the most self explanatory images I could find from google images. I WISH i was in a place to upload a picture of the working thing I have yet to get work. I actually use imgur when I do upload picutres, but nah these werent mine
Latiodile
05/13/2016 3:15 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Parallax Occlusion mapping isn't new though, it's been in for a while.. like, i think since the original shaders mod by Dax nitro or whatever unless that was specular + Bump mapping..., just not many people make compatible texturepacks

But afaik, the only thing you can do that would work, is make a normal map , (_n at the end) and a specular map (_s at the end)

Examples of a normal map if you have no idea
Click to reveal

And Specular Map
Click to reveal

Jnaejnae
05/13/2016 3:32 am
Except this doesnt solve my main problem. Both of the texture packs I downloaded that are supposed to have a secular and bumpmap will only load the bumpmap. So I need to know the proper modifications I have to make to the gbuffers files in order for the feature to work at all.
Jnaejnae
05/13/2016 2:16 am
So its been a day and no response, I think I am allowed to bump this. Help?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome