Perms

AstroBlue_'s Avatar AstroBlue_4/17/14 6:14 pm
1 emeralds 106 3
4/19/2014 3:38 am
DaRealDeal25's Avatar DaRealDeal25
I neede someone to make the perms for my server here are the plugins http://i.imgur.com/E0uKDRv.png
AstroBlue_
Level 4 : Apprentice Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

DaRealDeal25
04/19/2014 3:38 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Taco
1. Get a plugin like essentials group manager (that is what I use and its very easy).

2. Create the groups you want.

3. Give them the perms you want. You do this by finding the permission nodes on the bukkit plugin page for the plugins you are using. A node would look something like this:
towny.wild.* or essentials.* or anticheat.check.exempt

With group manager this is how it works (you can do it all in-game or in the config file)

Create groups using the command /mangadd (Group name here)

Add permissions to the group using /mangaddp (permission node here)

Set variables for a group like prefix or default group using /mangaddv (variable[prefix, suffix, default, more]) (value)

Place a player in a group using /manuadd (player name) (group name)

I highly recommend using group manager as it is very flexable and helpful. You can do per world permissions and more. If you ever end up expanding and with multiple worlds it will make life a lot easier.

If you have any more questions or need any more help send me a PM and ill try to answer. Good luck!

If you want me to do it my self I can do it for like a $5 charge if you want...
KiRR
04/18/2014 12:01 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
xXBladeMinerXxI neede someone to make the perms for my server here are the plugins http://i.imgur.com/E0uKDRv.png

If you haven't gotten help from the person providing their Skype, I think you should consider what type of permissions plugin you'll use and what ranks you want... I would also do you own research as far as how the manager handles perms as you don't want people to have certain access to certain things. I certainly wouldn't fully trust anyone as they could grant themselves full op if you are unsure on what you are doing or looking for. Just a bit of advice.

Personally I use PermissionsEx and found great success with it. They have a tutorial on how to setup perms and so forth. You can google example YMLs to see the structure. From there almost every plugin will have a perms page to add them directly. Asking someone will get it done, maybe, but doing it yourself will ensure you won't have any hiccups in the future.
slayed_demon
04/17/2014 9:53 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Engineer
if you still need help with permissions message me on skype: slayed_demon
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome