Redstone Not Activating Pistons

Nicktron10's Avatar Nicktron105/16/16 7:36 pm
1 emeralds 421 2
5/18/2016 8:09 pm
Jmal116's Avatar Jmal116
I like to fiddle around with small redstone machines but today i decided to make a rather large one. This machine is four structures with each structure having three layers each. Each layer has 4 pistons so when i flip a lever 48 pistons activate at once. Now when I activate it, at the first layer of each structure, No pistons go off, on the second layer of each structure all pistons go off, and on the third layer of each structure only 1 or 2 pistons go off. If i go by any of the pistons that failed to go off and break a nearby block, than the piston will activate. It seems as if the server isnt getting a signal that certain pistons exsist until i break a nearby block. This stresses me because I took the whole day making my machine for these pistons to not work. Please help if you know a solution, thank you
Nicktron10
Level 1 : New Miner