Server chunks are teleporting and resetting

AugmentedBuilder's Avatar AugmentedBuilder7/23/16 7:51 am
1 emeralds 264 9
7/29/2016 11:07 am
raidarr's Avatar raidarr
So I am working on a build for someone's server. I didn't experience this glitch for a while, despite building on that specific chunk for quite a few weeks. A certain chunk seems to have teleported to another chunk though. I am not sure what is causing this. I tried building by hand and also building using world edit, but it reset. This usually happens when nobody is on the server, but occasionally it happens if you are just not looking at the chunk. I am quite sure this is not a grief, since I don't see anyone being able to grief while apparently being offline, in one second.

Here are some screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/cThsh
AugmentedBuilder
Level 7 : Apprentice Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/29/2016 11:07 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
If you have multiple areas experiencing the issue, it sounds like you have corruption, and that is irreversible save by a backup well before the issue started...
07/29/2016 6:53 am
AugmentedBuilder
bump. still need solution
07/28/2016 7:40 am
AugmentedBuilder
Actually, if you try to copy and paste the build it will come up with a few trillion blocks. The build is infact big enough for you to only barely be able to see the edge of it with your render distance at max.

The factions server is also experiencing this problem now, except it isn't only 2 chunks, but actually around 1/3 of the area that is experiencing this. We really need a solution!
07/27/2016 10:49 am
raidarr
Good organization will make any set of fragments go right. I strongly suggest, for a short time, maxing your ram... little concerning if a server can't handle t he copy of a single, even big, build. And I'm assuming you are trying to copy in a reasonable chunk and not take the countryside and the sky with it?
07/27/2016 8:26 am
AugmentedBuilder
We also tried duplicating the world that we built the structure in, but the area was still glitchy.
07/27/2016 6:47 am
AugmentedBuilder
It is only in this specific area. we tried copying and pasting it to another area but we can't allocated enough RAM to copy it all. The thing is, the build is quite fragile so it will be quite hard to keep it in a good shape while moving it in fragments
07/26/2016 9:28 am
raidarr
I am not certain, but it sounds to me like there is world corruption.

Meaning the best course, in that case, is dumping your stuff and starting over, as ya can't really fix corruption.

I suggest copy and pasting things segment at a time and upping the memory to work with that... just to see if I'm wrong, which I hope I am.
07/25/2016 9:04 am
AugmentedBuilder
please this problem is very serious, as we cannot release the creative mode server.
We cannot copy and paste the build, as it will crash the server.
07/25/2016 6:05 am
AugmentedBuilder
BUMP
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome