Server Transfer?

ProjectGemini's Avatar ProjectGemini3/25/13 10:50 pm
3/27/2013 1:26 pm
oggehej's Avatar oggehej
Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this. I am fairly experienced with servers and such, but I have one question. I have a server now running on a Mac OSX Lion. I need to get rid of that and start a new server on a windows computer. I know how to set it up and all, but I want it to be the SAME exact plugins, same files, same world, same warps, same towns, (Towny server), etc. I was wondering if I can just copy/paste the files before I start the server up, or if I need to set it up some other way. Sorry if this is a really simple question, I am just not very experienced with windows. Thanks!
ProjectGemini
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/27/2013 1:26 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Toast
oggehej
You don't need to convert anything, minecraft is minecraft and java is java. Just transfer the server folder between the computers. But you may only need to edit the script you start the server with.
03/26/2013 4:21 pm
ProjectGemini
So how would I convert it?
03/26/2013 1:52 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Geek
Z645
Yes, you will need to regenerate a new server. Transfer the plugins and world. World might need converting. Since it's a different OS. And change the other server.properties and what not to your preferences.
03/26/2013 7:22 am
ProjectGemini
Ps my upload speeds are awesome. So that isnt a problem.

So do I need to change the Mac TextEdit files to the Wondows equivalent or will .txt work?
03/26/2013 7:20 am
ProjectGemini
Ok, so can I just take the files, run the server and then change the configuration to use the world name I want? And just replace plugins, permissions, etc, with my old files?
03/26/2013 1:35 am
Level 31 : Artisan Geek
Z645
Use an ftp transfer? Or probably team viewer it across. Which ever way. You will need good uploaded speeds.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome