1.7 Terrain Generation ?

queketth's Avatar queketth9/15/13 5:51 pm
1 emeralds 206 3
9/15/2013 9:03 pm
Xoyjaz's Avatar Xoyjaz
With 1.7 Bukkit download when its released, will all the current chunks loaded be regenerated with the possibility of a biome change e.g. my village currently sits on a desert and could become an ocean biome OR will then unexplored chunks then be given the possibility of a new biome, leaving the previously generated chunks untouched ?

I have received mixed messages on this matter and am looking for some clarification regarding this issue ?
queketth
Level 32 : Artisan Geek

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/15/2013 9:03 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Architect
Xoyjaz
What about we wait until 1.7 and you just try it out =) No need for panic, its going to be alright =)
09/15/2013 6:53 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Architect
Xoyjaz
I dont think so, doing this would ruin a lot off stuff. When Beta 1.2 came out it changed the every chunk from alpha 1.2.2 But thats it for the minecraft history. It will only regenerate new chunks where you have not explored yet. As for this cant you just finish the village in 1.6 if this happens which I 98% sure that it wont?

And you can always check it out my saving your map and take your test map on 1.7 and try it out =)
09/15/2013 7:07 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Geek
queketth
If I moved the map now onto the beta snapshot using something like McEdit and then when the 1.7 bukkit update came out so I add that jar file to the server wont that just regenerate the terrain again ? or will it somehow register as a 1.7 map and there is not need to update it ?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome