Hopefully a unique and interesting server idea...

Ezacu's Avatar Ezacu4/19/20 6:28 pm history
1 emeralds 119 1
4/29/2020 5:59 pm
smackattack's Avatar smackattack
So for anyone who is wondering what this whole post is about, it's pretty much to see how interested a community would be with an idea I have for my server. If enough people seem to be interested I will start to work on it but if not, well, I still will probably work on it because I think it will still work out in the end.

Well enough said. I am planning on running a towny server which for the time being the opening of the server will most likely have barebones server plugins and towny related plugins. Jobs, Towny, some sort of McMMO plugin, crates, etc; no donations or anything due to me counting this as a BETA version of the server. The server should hopefully come out to the public in BETA form by the end of April or earlier. Now that that's explained, the idea of the server pretty much goes like this:

There will be three planets due to my server being space-themed and yes I know many servers use planets and probably this same mechanic but hear me out. Three planets, one which will strictly be used for making your town and for players to explore and find a place to call their home. One which will be used for resource gathering and a final one which will somewhat act as a massive PvP arena, custom mob spawn location, and custom event location.

Now the first two planets are pretty explanatory and most servers have some version of this but for the third planet, it will be a somewhat money making area. There will be custom mobs and regular mobs which will all drop more money when killed, players can kill each other and claim bounties that have been set, resources will spawn in larger quantities around the area such as full diamond-block clusters, and mob bosses will spawn in certain locations which will be activated via completing quests.

Now, these quests will obviously be made using some quest plugin, one which I already have in mind, same with the custom mobs though if anyone knows of any that are truly either worth paying for or worth the time and effort of learning then I am all ears. Pretty much the PvP / Mob planet will be the place to go to and get money but unless you are (x) rank and above or have powerful enough equipment you won't stand a chance there because the mobs are stronger there. If you think about it more it starts to sound like something out of WoW and yes you pretty much caught me red-handed but I think that a mechanic likes this (certain areas only being accessible if you have a certain power level/rank) could workout and be fun because it will push players to level up and guide them through a somewhat loosely guided storyline of either starting a town and going at it with friends or going at it by yourself and gathering materials while building your way up the ranks.

I realize that some other servers have similar mechanics and that I may seem to be copying them but I truly had no clue until recently while hopping onto other servers to make sure I am not ripping off someone else's idea. I do believe though that once the server is fully ready for a full "1.0" release that it will be as unique as possible and I am planning on updating it possibly once a month with new mobs/quests.

I am already in the works of fully completing the barebones BETA version of the server but once the server releases to its "full / updated" version it will have all of these mechanics made. If you have any critiques, ideas, interests, or suggestions please either reply here or PM me and we can talk there. If you want to get my discord also just PM me and we can chat through discord as well.

Thanks for going through this somewhat messy splatter of words about what I am working on right now for my server.
Ezacu
Level 7 : Apprentice Mage