How Can i Get More People on my Minecraft Server?

B0risPlaysMC's Avatar B0risPlaysMC9/23/14 6:52 pm
1 emeralds 180 2
9/23/2014 7:45 pm
zute6's Avatar zute6
Hello there everyone, before you go thinking, oh god, not another person asking how to get popular, well I am, but not exactly, I am not going to make a phew sentences and hope for the best, I will try and explain thoroughly.

So, the question is "How do I get my server popular"

I'm not saying my server isn't popular, we have had 28 players / 30 as our max and as I just started 2 months ago, I'm impressed, but as the days have gone by, I have noticed not as many people online, there are at-least 4-10 players on Friday - Sunday but in the weekdays only about 2-5 (Probably gets higher as I go to bed, I live in the UK and most gamers live in the US)

I am proud to get that many players in the first 2 months because I know some servers that don't even get 10 players max and they have been online for over my time.

Anyway, let me tell you more about my server.

My server is a DayZ based server, Custom texture pack, Custom guns, backpacks and cool plugins that make it seem more DayZish, E.G. Fast Zombies and Zombies don't burn in sun light.
I have lots of guns and backpacks so people won't really get bored of that, the server is also PVP.

Staff:
We have 1 admins and 5 helpers, I know this doesn't seem much, but it's fine for now.
They are very good and do not abuse, fair players I would say.

Plugins:
I have loads of plugins going from Essentials to Creative Gates, I obviously have the essential plugins like PermissionsEX, Essentials and all the others. The server with 28 players amazingly only wen't up to 1GB of RAM which really isn't that much! 10 players about 400MB RAM.

Advertisement:
I have advertised on all the necessary websites. Planet minecraft, Minecraft server list, Topg and all of the good advertisers
I was also wondering if there are any ways of getting better advertisement? or cheap sponsor ship?
I know that stuff doesn't come cheap but I was wondering if anyone knows any cheap websites because people pay up to $5000 to get sponsored! and I do not have that kind of money.

I have a website with 41 registered users already! My website is from enjin a very good website builder!
I got a $75 plan but im going to change the domain name today!

Donations:
I have many different donations going from $2:50 - $75 and there is also a custom donation for anyone who feels nice. My donations are fair and not to OP so its fair for the regular players, we have had some donations, I would say around 5 - 10 donations,

So anyone out there, I would love your help and if you could spare some time to answer my main question, that would be a honor, if anyone feels like they could do more for me including getting more popular because you are feeling nice please contact me!

Thanks!
Boris.
B0risPlaysMC
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner