How do you set up a Dedicated server or a VPN?

NotInUse100's Avatar NotInUse1007/25/14 10:56 pm
1 emeralds 119 3
7/26/2014 9:47 pm
danial32's Avatar danial32
Hello! I own a server called Trinity Prison. I want to buy a dedi server, but I don't really know how to set one up. Yes, I am aware of the price, that doesn't bother me. But could you help a bro out and guide him on how to set it up?

Thanks,

-CyprusDemon13
NotInUse100
Level 1 : New Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/26/2014 9:47 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Engineer
danial32
It is easy using a dedicated server in fact its easier than using shared hosting in my opinion because you have full control of the server. HOWEVER you must get a dedi with a good processor or else you will end up with a lot and I mean A LOT of lag. In fact depending on your budget I can get you a server and help you set it up. If you are still interested contact me via skype at: dan326425
07/26/2014 4:55 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Programmer
nickfromgreece
I don't recommend getting a dedicated server unless you know what you are doing. To set it up you need to use the shell command line which if you don't know at least the basics of programming you wont be able to use it and it doesn't stop there you need to keep up to date with security practices to avoid getting your box rooted, need to keep an eye on the log files, troubleshoot any errors that come along etc etc etc. A server is not something that you setup and its done you have to always do maintenance and make sure the system is going fine and up to date.

Having said that you can always get a system administrator to take care of that if you want.
07/26/2014 4:51 pm
Level 1 : New Network
NotInUse100
Bump, I really need to know. I want a VPS, can some body help me set it up?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome