I just got the new Gameband, it really works!!

Princess_Corona's Avatar Princess_Corona1/23/15 9:18 pm
1 emeralds 1.1k 8
2/8/2016 11:19 pm
Leeberator's Avatar Leeberator
Hey Peeps, it's Princess here. A few days ago I was at my favorite retail store Target and I swung by the gaming section and found... the GAMEBAND! Okay, if you guys don't know what it is it's an awesome new gadget made specifically for Minecraft and its players. I don't want to say much 'cuz a bunch of Youtubers have already reviewed it and talked about it. But on the personal side I love it! Not only is it a cool looking piece of Minecraft merch, but it's functional! The Gameband hides a USB inside it so you can take your Minecraft game onto any computer with an internet connection! All you do is plug it in, click the Gameband app in it's own folder, and you are set! Also when you are finished just back up what you did, eject and walk away, simple! I also love how it actually comes in different sizes: small, medium, and large. I got the small one obviously. However this thing doesn't come cheap, which is expected, the retail price was 80 bucks. Another thing is that when you register it and back up your Minecraft data, depending on how much you have saved, it's going to take awhile. So don't expect to use it right away out of the box! Well anyway peeps that's all I have to say about that, but if you guys have any opinions about this or maybe you have a gameband yourself you would like to talk about, you know what to do! I'll see you guys next time! <3
Princess_Corona
Level 34 : Artisan Princess

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/08/2016 11:19 pm
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
It's an $80 8 gig USB (3.0? Probably) drive with an LED array and companion software. For $30, you could get a 128GB USB 3.0 flash drive and stick a portable Minecraft launcher on it. (Slight shameless self-promotion, I know) You forgo the fancy LED array and cloud backup, but it's significantly cheaper and you can store a lot more than Minecraft on it.

(I picked 128GB because it's a massive amount of storage space for next to nothing, but there are 256GB and 64GB options for $60 and $17, respectively.)
02/08/2016 11:04 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Acroscore
Did you buy the Redstone or the Diamond edition? because if you got the redstone it is only $50 almost anywhere but target.
01/23/2015 11:00 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Modder
takochako987
If they made Gameband $15 i would buy it. $80? I dont have that kind of money im a kid. I could make the same thing for $10 in my freakin basement.
01/23/2015 11:55 pm
Princess_Corona
LoL I know my dad saw the price of the Gameband and disagreed on it too. But after you set it up and see what it does you can understand the price. And remember too that this thing was made in partnership with Mojang and sponsored by them, so it's not some third party alternative. Also put this into perspective, I had to buy a graphing calculator for my algebra class, not only was it on a locked hanger it almost cost $150.00. I kid you not... a CALCULATOR!!
01/24/2015 12:10 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Ranger
Slimecraft101
True, but calculators have to do with your education! A Gameband is just something non-essential. Calculators are essential!
01/23/2015 10:53 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Architect
Schwerpunkt_
Ive seen USB watches before. Cheaper than that too.
01/23/2015 10:13 pm
Princess_Corona
Well I'm not sure about about storing other data besides Minecraft on it, but it does have storage capacity to do so. But other than that I think the Gameband is primarily reserved for Minecraft data and game storage. The reason why you need an Internet connection is because the Gameband will actually connect to your account and start up the game like if you clicked on a shortcut or downloaded it. And I didn't put this in the previous post, there is also a LED display that can show the time, date, data storage left, and any additional messages or animations you can customize with an additional app in the Gamband's folder. And since this Gameband is the Redstone version, there's a neat Redstone animation that comes with it. I think the LED display is my favorite part of the Gameband, it doubles as my watch!
01/23/2015 9:25 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
So, it's just a USB drive in a bracelet, essentially?

I have a USB case that attaches to my keychain. USB and the case came together for less than $20. Not to mention that USB drives can hold a lot more than what they did only a few years ago for the same price and no save file is that big. This Gameband thing sounds like a waste of money to me.

Edit: If you don't have keys that you carry with you, the same thing could be done with a cheap lanyard and a similar case for around the same amount of money that I paid for my old USB.

Edit 2: Looked up the site for this thing and see now that this actually has some additional features. Neat, but I would still go with my USB thing. No internet connection required, you're never going to fill it up with saves anyway so a cloud isn't needed, and it's 1/4 of the price.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome