Recreate this as a Resource Pack + Datapack?

Garfieldwxg55's Avatar Garfieldwxg5510/26/20 4:59 am
2 emeralds 156 5
11/14/2023 1:37 am
Peril108's Avatar Peril108
Hi everyone, I recently came across this Resource Pack;
https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding-java-edition/resource-packs/2926191-visual-fish-buckets-species-specific-textures-for
I understand that it uses Optifine to implement the custom Fish bucket textures, but I also understand that it was first made in 1.13, when the fishes were added. It occur to me that since Custom Model Data was added in 1.14, it might be possible to use that in conjunction with a datapack to create the same effect without Optifine.
Would this be possible? And if so what would the datapack look like?
Many thanks
Garfieldwxg55
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Peril108
11/14/2023 1:37 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
You can use a resource pack to edit the item model somehow and then do /give @s tropical_fish_bucket{CustomModelData:74b}
Suspicious Stoo
10/28/2020 2:21 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Llama
history
Oh! I think I know how it could work in theory. You could do like custom NBT crafting. When an advancement runs, replace tropical fish buckets in the players mainhand or offhand with a version that has a custom model tag.

But in practice, I think there's over 3,000 tropical fish variants to code for. and texture. Big yikes. Unless you can do it from a ressource pack, don't do it at all :-/ spare yourself the suffering.
Garfieldwxg55
10/28/2020 8:39 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
The texturing part would probably be easy as I plan only to make buckets for the default 22 fish and a few rare ones that I keep in my current base. I'm not familiar with custom NBT crafting though, do you know a datapack that uses it?
Suspicious Stoo
10/28/2020 9:48 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Llama
history
Mine! You could take a look at how I implemenred custom suspicious stews to take inspiration, and use an interacted_with_entity advancement instead of recipe_unlocked.
garlicbreathinator
10/28/2020 9:21 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
You could theoretically write a script to generate the resource pack, however the sheer size of the pack and number of models and textures will likely significantly impact the game's loading speed.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome