DataPacks that use same systems as some other DataPacks [ Plagiarism or not? ]bookmark

DiversifiedPlayz's Avatar DiversifiedPlayz1/4/22 9:13 am
1/14/2022 11:03 am
GrimWitherYT's Avatar GrimWitherYT
What I mean here, is using a part of someone else's Datapack [ made to perform a particular function, eg Hearts System from this Datapack ] & using it in/as your own datapack without the creator's permission or crediting the creator.

I have seen, for the couple of months I have been in the PMC's DataPack community, that people often re-upload DataPacks not belonging to them just to gain levels and for recognization.These people can be dealt with by the report system made by the PMC team but I have also seen instances where people have just tore down a DataPack, made some changes and presented it as their own.

I have also seen a couple of creators using a system I used in my DataPacks that I created and which to a long time to make in the first place. Even if I want to, I can't encrypt a DataPack , and obfuscation doesn't help either. I am not against people using a system, that has already been created, but crediting is the least you can do. Besides not all the DataPacks I make aren't perfect, making your own systems with newer methods will often times be more efficient.

I never delete my comments in the code, so that other creators can take a look and understand how the DataPack works, and not to blatantly copy it.

Anyways people provide credit or not, I would always keep the comments in my DataPacks enabled.
DiversifiedPlayz
Level 86 : Elite Creator