Request: Dupe datapack

Synt4x_3rr0r_'s Avatar Synt4x_3rr0r_7/2/20 8:48 pm history
1 emeralds 251 6
7/23/2020 6:04 pm
Synt4x_3rr0r_'s Avatar Synt4x_3rr0r_
The name says it all. A datapack in 1.16 where the item in your hand gets duplicated every time you run a command.
Synt4x_3rr0r_
Level 26 : Expert Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Bertiecrafter
07/18/2020 5:25 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Engineer
But.... if you want it to happen whenever you run a command, that means only OPs can use it. OPs likely have creative and in creative you can use the pick-block key to duplicate items? It'll copy data of those items too.
You can also use CTRL in combination with the pick block key to get the block with all data from the world (E.g. a placed down chest with items). I don't see why you need a data pack for that.
2mal3
07/06/2020 9:05 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster System
I don't understand. Do you want a datapack that does that or do you want to know how to do that?
Synt4x_3rr0r_
07/18/2020 5:08 pm
Well I tried to make it myself but other than rewriting the same code for hundreds of items I couldn’t find a way to. I would like if there was someone who could make the datapack but if someone knows how I could write the dupe that would be appreciated as well.
2mal3
07/19/2020 12:28 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster System
I think you can do that with 2 or, if you want to make it multiplayer friendly, with 3 commands.
First you have to create an item that can be collected immediately, so /summon item ~ ~ ~ ~ {PickupDelay:0,Item:{id: "minecraft:stone",Count:1b},Tag:['drop']}.
Then transfer the data of the item currently in your hand to the dropped item, i.e. approximately /data modify entity @e[type=item,distance=..1,limit=1,tag=drop] Item set from @s SelectedItem.
So that only the executing player can pick it up, set the Owner UUID to the one of yourself, you can do this with the command /data modify entoty @e[type=item,distance=..1,limit=1,tag=drop] Owner set from @s UUID. These three commands must be written into a function.
If everything works, when you as a player execute the function, the selected item will be duplicated.
Ewentuell you have to test the commands again, because I don't know if I wrote them right.
Synt4x_3rr0r_
07/23/2020 6:04 pm
history
Thank you for the help. I will try this and hope for the best

EDIT: just gives me stone
EDIT 2: The fix was 'Tag' needs to be 'Tags' and ' 'drop' ' needs to be ' "drop" '
One_Nose
07/19/2020 12:46 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Hero
When I read the note at the end I just couldn't not to look for a bug in your command, and after a few looking, I am pretty sure "/data modify entoty" is not the right syntax.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome