Any ideas for making a map?

DreamWanderer's Avatar DreamWanderer12/5/15 7:14 pm
1 emeralds 308 5
12/5/2015 9:46 pm
DreamWanderer's Avatar DreamWanderer
So i was thinking of recreating my favorite game in Minecraft "Roller Coaster tycoon". But wasn't sure how to build a good looking map for. I all ready have some things built that i could use: ( http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... craft-wip/ ) but that is built in a superflat world.
I had wanted to make a map recently with a 5x5 block squares as to make up the grid on the ground with elevation changes like show in this video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHzbcl_jgU8 ) . But i wasn't sure how to do that easily. Any ideas ?
DreamWanderer
Level 85 : Elite Pegasus

Create an account or sign in to comment.

DannyGamez
12/05/2015 9:39 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Zombie
Ummm... maybe to build it by yourself... without /clone or /fill or anything...

Just old-fashioned

Thats the best way to do it XD
DreamWanderer
12/05/2015 9:46 pm
I built without worldedit before, but once i found it and started using it i couldn't do without it
Sardonyx
12/05/2015 7:31 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
You would probably want to use MCedit or worldedit to transfer the builds into the final world. I would put them underground (fairly deep). Then you can use /clone in command blocks (maybe with /execute) to put the builds into the right places. For the elevations, I would use /fill. Just pm me or reply to this if you want more help.
DreamWanderer
12/05/2015 8:29 pm
Thanks. I already use worldedit (which is always nice ). I was hoping i could find a way to do a reasonable sized map with the 5x5 squares, with out having to make the hills and what not each square at a time (i also have worldpainter). Maybe i should quit being lazy and just do it with worldedit XD
Sardonyx
12/05/2015 9:16 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
You could probably use worldedit to select a slope, copy it, rotate the copy then paste it. It might end up being more work than it's worth though XD
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome