Bigger caves also bigger fun?

ShelLuser's Avatar ShelLuser5/9/22 5:07 am
5/15/2022 8:15 pm
Dermugettum's Avatar Dermugettum
Hi gang!

After quite a while my gf and me decided to jump into Minecraft this weekend. It's been a while since we last played, also because we lost a bit of interest due to all the unfulfilled promises and the heavy focus on cosmetics vs. new things to do or experience.

Well, needless to say that the new cave system did take getting used to. It was both an amazing and somewhat boring experience. The view of some of those sceneries was truly something else, spectacular. However, then we focused on mining again and that turned into quite a hassle. For example it took us hours before we found iron.

That is to say... we somewhat found iron soon enough but mostly in underwater caves which made it even more tedious if not downright impossible to mine it. So then we started mining like we usually did but mostly found coal, lapis but hardly any iron. Because this was touted as the hills and cliffs update we then decided to check out the mountains where we finally managed to find iron.

It was somewhat of a fun experience but at the same time we also wondered... things have become a lot more difficult now but what do we get in return? We found iron but hardly as excessive as you'd expect. Basically it has become more difficult to find iron (and other stuff) yet there's nothing in return to make up for that. No extra rewards, no new cool stuff to find (there's copper but.. what good does that do you? At best it's a nice cosmetic block).

In the end it left us feeling a bit mixed about the experience. It was a lot of fun diving into Minecraft again, but at the same time didn't really get the same satisfaction out of mining as we used to.

SO I figured, why not drop this into PMC?

Poll ended 05/23/2022 5:07 am.

ShelLuser
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer