Common Minecraft Misconceptions

elfin8er's Avatar elfin8er12/9/14 3:47 am
12/10/2014 7:24 pm
Nuanulla's Avatar Nuanulla
There are quite a few things about Minecraft that I think I have to address because it really bugs me when people get these things wrong.

• There is no "new EULA". The same EULA has been in place for a while (perhaps ever since there was an EULA). The only difference between now and "before the EULA" is Mojang is (supposedly) enforcing it more, and making some things a bit more clear.

• Mojang is (supposed to be) pronounced Mo-yang. However, Mojang has adressed this, and said Mo-jang is the "English" way of saying the name of their company.

• RAM isn't everything! If you're lagging, it's not necessarily because you don't have enough RAM. Actually, the thing that effects performance the most (in most cases), is CPU performance (not necessarily clock speed). If anything, dedicating more RAM will decrease your performance. Having 64 gigs of RAM dedicated to Minecraft isn't going to make your FPS go through the roof.

• Herobrine has never been in the game, isn't in the game, and will (most likely) never be in the game.

Well, that's all I can think of for now. If anybody has any corrections, or anything to add, feel free to let me know
elfin8er
Level 17 : Journeyman Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/09/2014 7:56 am
Level 27 : Expert Blacksmith
StingRay_FTW
*There was origanally a Steve mob in the game
*Minecraft was supposted to be a cave exploring game
12/09/2014 7:52 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
kemmeo
Actually, they did change the EULA, before Mojang updated its first iteration, the EULA stated that no one was allowed to make money off Mojangs Games and or Code.
But due to people simply ignoring this EULA, Mojang found it necessary to update it, drawing focus of the community to it, but allowing server and mod monetization under certain conditions. read there : https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-se ... etisation/

just to clarify, since this is what this post is about.
12/09/2014 5:39 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Cake
nemurihime72
actually 2gb of ram is enough as the pc still needs some ram for the background processes
12/09/2014 11:25 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Crafter
elfin8er
Yes, but not 2gb allocated to Minecraft (Unless you have mods).

Prototype_X9If you search carefully, Herobrine actually 'exists'. But he isn't in-game. I'm not sure whether or not the 'Herobrine program" is implemented in the launched Minecraft versions, but Herobrine's files are definitely in there. And Mojang still jokes about having "*Removed Herobrine"

Um, what? No, Herobrine's "files" have never been there, and never have. I'd like to see what proof you have of this...

kemmeoActually, they did change the EULA, before Mojang updated its first iteration, the EULA stated that no one was allowed to make money off Mojangs Games and or Code.
But due to people simply ignoring this EULA, Mojang found it necessary to update it, drawing focus of the community to it, but allowing server and mod monetization under certain conditions. read there : https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-se ... etisation/

just to clarify, since this is what this post is about.

This is debatable I think. If I'm not mistaken, the official Minecraft EULA hasn't changed at all (except for being moved from minecraft.net to mojang.net). HEREit is if you're interested. The link above is just clarification on what is, and isn't allowed.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome