Complicated plugin idea ... is this the right spot for it?

the_sylince's Avatar the_sylince10/30/11 12:01 pm
1 emeralds 38
have this really complicated idea for, i don't know - a bukkit plugin maybe.

i was looking through some of the available things in the way of "magic" - cause i'm a nerd.

and i thought about it for a long time and i realized i was being bothered by something. there's just "too much" to the ones that are available. you have to craft this and set that and click this with an item in box "a".

i get the idea, of course.

but i wanted to start some open discussion about simplifying some portions and drastically complicating others.

i liked the idea of having books to "learn" spells in one of the tutorials i read. seemed like it kept you looking or working in the game. and then, i also like the idea of using an item in order to cast a spell, that way you're never an infinitely charged grief-machine.

what bugs me is the approach: inasmuch as there isn't one at all. it's all about "this wold be cool" - i suppose. but what about altering this portion?

the short version of all this babel:
i'd like to get some people together to talk about/work on a magic plugin.
the initial ideas would include - a casting item (a stick, i suppose); "learning" spells from books (modded item); the use of "ammo" or items to cast (say, a diamond to cast awesome-sexy-dance-party)
but wait, there's more!

i want it to have an elemental approach, something that makes the gathering of items and the books feel organic.

eight elements.
1. sky
2. fire
3. stone
4. water
5. light
6. aether
7. shadow
8. mind

... each one could have three or four specific "item" based spells. air could allow you to high jump with or run faster with a feather, or knock a mob backwards with glass. you get the idea.

each one would have some survival usage, combat appeal, and strategy value.

that's it for now.
if you're gonna hate, leave a reason.
the_sylince
Level 18 : Journeyman Pokemon