[MC Suggestion] Deceleration Rails

EnderPixel's Avatar EnderPixel11/5/14 7:02 pm
1 emeralds 831 4
11/6/2014 3:47 am
KJP12's Avatar KJP12
So I was messing with rail tracks earlier and I thought of an idea for a new type of rail, a slow rail. So what this does it it does the exact opposite of a powered rail. Now I know you can accomplish this with soul sand but I think it should be a little easier. Here is a picture of the base of what I think it shoudl look like.

Deceleration Rail:
Click to reveal

Crafting Recipe Ideas:
Click to reveal

EnderPixel
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

KJP12
11/06/2014 3:47 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
That is pretty much in the game, it is called a "Off Power Rail". Does the same thing what the 'soon to be added' rail does. So, basicly Place down a power rail, then in a instant, you got a rail that does what you are thinking about. Though, the off power rail is much more strong on slowing down stuff.

According to the MC Wiki,
minecraft.gamepedia.comAn inactive powered rail will reduce the speed of a moving minecart, usually stopping it within one block's distance even on a downward-slanted track.

Though, it might be easy just to goto the nether and grab the soulsand, and place the track over it.

Or we can use a track that is made with soulsand, redstone, a rail, and a Slime_Piston.

Like in a shapeless pattern. Make it less expensive then it is right now, so it will be easy. Or in a fixed pattern like Rail, and redstone on top, and soulsand, and piston on the bottom. Easy. And this block should have lower intensity then the powered rail when slowing stuff down. All are ideas. (Off topic, but hearing a chicken swimming in lava, and making that hurt sound is annoying.)
EnderMiner77
11/05/2014 7:33 pm
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Programmer
Cool idea, I will consider making a mod for you like this if I can. If I do get around to doing it, I will PM you.
EnderPixel
11/05/2014 7:40 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
Ok thanks! I have no idea about mod making.
EnderMiner77
11/05/2014 9:14 pm
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Programmer
I'm just a beginner at modding, although I have a lot of previous knowledge. I am also working on some pretty explosive (literally) projects
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome