EULA refund?

COOOCOOO123's Avatar COOOCOOO1236/22/14 5:51 pm
1 emeralds 2.5k 96
6/27/2014 6:19 pm
GG50's Avatar GG50
Hey guys, I recently bought perks for $150 before the EULA got reinforced, and now the server I donated on took away everyones rank, because they are afraid of Mojang shutting them down. Is there a compensation policy in Mojangs EULA? Has Notch said anything about it? Thanks guys, I plan on getting a refund if there is official support from Mojang, because I can still get them in trouble if they don't…….
COOOCOOO123
Level 8 : Apprentice Ranger

Create an account or sign in to comment.

GG50
06/27/2014 6:19 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Toast
iPryak
I'm only saying that because I'm part of Operation Blackout

iPryak
06/27/2014 6:16 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Skinner
Magicman88999
iPryakMojang is -awesome-
EULA is -great-
Paying is -fantastic-
Minecraft is just a game, why the -greatness- make people pay to go on servers!?!?

-I LOVE- MOJANG

D:

Also, fixed.

I'm only saying that because I'm part of Operation Blackout
Mishkia
06/27/2014 5:47 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Procrastinator
Magicman88999
EULA is -great-
Paying is -fantastic-
Minecraft is just a game, why the -greatness- make people pay to go on servers!?!?

-I LOVE- MOJANG

D:

Also, fixed.

ASF
06/27/2014 5:33 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
EULA is -great-
Paying is -fantastic-

-I LOVE- MOJANG

D:

Also, fixed.
iPryak
06/27/2014 5:27 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Skinner
Mojang is -
EULA is -
Paying is bad
Minecraft is just a game, why the - make people pay to go on servers!?!?

- MOJANG
Benyboy3000
06/27/2014 5:19 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Caveman
Let's get started here:

Donation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donation

Read the "Legal Aspects"

Payment:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payment

As you can see they are completely different things.

As for refunds, you typically don't get refunded for a "donation" since you don't get anything in return, whilst a payment or when you "buy" something and get an item tangible or not you can still typically get a refund. Use Amazon as an example you're not donating to them, but you are purchasing something from them.

But this is also debatable, and up to the sellers.

If you have anything to add to this or argue with, please do it in a respectable way, thanks
Skeltal
06/27/2014 4:55 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Princess
How I imagine this went down:

Owner: You can buy some in-game privileges,but I must warn you,there are no ref-

Owner: (facedesk)
ASF
06/27/2014 5:14 pm
^^^^^^^^^^^^
HyperCipher
06/27/2014 2:44 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Mountaineer
COOOCOOO123They didn't say "No refunds" or anything like that? What would you say I should do?

If they have no terms of conditions pasted on their store homepage, then take a screenshot of the store in it's current state. While your at it, you may want to take a few of the homepage, and any other page which they could add them too. You then have proof that they did not say they could take away your items.

This now gives you legal grounds, as you have paid for something and they have then taken it away without rights and warning. So now email the owners, and mention you have screenshots of every page of their website and tell them that you would like a refund as they have no terms and conditions allowing for them to legally take away your items.

They should then just refund your account. However if they do not, then charge back the payment through paypal. You will then get your money back. Then if they contest the charge back you have legal proof (the pictures) that they had no such terms and conditions, even if they add them after to try and cover their backs.

~HyperCipher
dunem666
06/27/2014 1:37 pm
Level 44 : Master Network
Donations are Donations and none refundable.

Payments is a different word completely.
COOOCOOO123
06/27/2014 1:24 pm
Click to reveal
HyperCipherDepending on how they have set up their store you may have legal ground to request a refund. If their store includes a disclaimer regarding the online goods and states that they may vary/can be taken away at any time at the owners discretion, then I am sorry to say you don't have a foot to stand on.

However if no such disclaimer is on the website/store then as you have paid for a the virtual good you have full right to get a refund if that good is taken away from you. You are not the one which has broken the EULA, the owners are.

If there is no such disclaimer on the website you need to take a screenshot of the current store so that you have proof, in case the owners add it in once you email them. Once you have a screenshot simply email the owners, with your screenshot and state that they broke the EULA not you, and request a refund.

If they do not accept to refund your order, simply charge back the payment through pay pal. The owners will most likely then appeal the charge back, however you now have all the proof and legal ground you need to win the appeal.

I wish you the best of luck.

~HyperCipher

They didn't say "No refunds" or anything like that? What would you say I should do?
HyperCipher
06/26/2014 5:30 pm
Swimmer1929 Um, no. People have chargebacked from my server tons of times and I've won every case without even doing much.

Yes but that is because you have the following terms and conditions in your store.

"By donating, you agree to the following
- All of the server rules still apply to you.
- You can still be banned if you break any of the rules, with no refund.
- If you are banned or do not like the items you purchased, you may not receive a refund.
- If you purchase Admin we have the right to take it away if you abuse your power.
- No refunds will be given is the server is to shut down for any reason."

Therefore you remove all rights from the players to get refunds. However be careful as you have not covered the fact that you can take away/edit the rank/item bought at any time with your own discretion. Therefore if you do decide to change due to the upcoming EULA, you will not be covered against charge backs.

Anyway back to my previous point, as I said he would be able to charge back if the server he bought it from had no such terms and conditions.

~HyperCipher
Swimmer1929
06/26/2014 5:17 pm
Level 40 : Master Taco
HyperCipher
iSayCr4pAlotIf you chargeback, you are a major douche.
When you purchased the rank, it should say something like "You are not permitted to chargeback" on the ToS. If the server you donated on uses Buycraft, in order to purchase your rank, you mustve accepted the Terms & Conditions that the server you donated on has set. You agree to what was written. You can not simply just chargeback. If you are successfully able to chargeback, you can get majorly in trouble, if the server owner has enough proof to state that you are not permitted to chargeback.
I wouldn't even dare to chargeback.

Also, just to state this, it isnt the server's fault you lost your rank. Its Mojang. They stated that servers can not sell in-game goods/virtual items to give off advantages. If Mojang didn't state this, surely, you wouldve kept your rank.

tl;dr,
Do not chargeback as you can get in serious trouble if the seller has evidence otherwise.

I think it is far worse for server owners to simply take away a persons rank and not offer any compensation. Mojang have stated that anyone who has already purchased a rank is allowed to keep the perks. Of course some of these perks may give to big an advantage so the owners decide to take them away, however they should then replace them with something less OP, or purely cosmetic.

And yes of course you can not charge back if there are terms and conditions which state that you the owners can change/remove your ranks at any time without warning. However if they do not have such terms and conditions then you will get in no trouble at all for charging back, as you have full right to. PayPal, will take your side of the case and not accept the appeal from the owners.

~HyperCipher

Um, no. People have chargebacked from my server tons of times and I've won every case without even doing much.
dillydillydilly
06/26/2014 5:12 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Architect
Obviously mojang will not pay it back. As they are well worth over 10 million dollars.

Server owners would be HUGE jerks not to pay back ANYTHING.

And I beleive you can keep your ranks n' stuff if you had bought it before EULA had changed.
Swimmer1929
06/26/2014 5:18 pm
This has nothing to do with what OP is saying
iSayCr4pAlot
06/26/2014 4:56 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragonborn
If you chargeback, you are a major douche.
When you purchased the rank, it should say something like "You are not permitted to chargeback" on the ToS. If the server you donated on uses Buycraft, in order to purchase your rank, you mustve accepted the Terms & Conditions that the server you donated on has set. You agree to what was written. You can not simply just chargeback. If you are successfully able to chargeback, you can get majorly in trouble, if the server owner has enough proof to state that you are not permitted to chargeback.
I wouldn't even dare to chargeback.

Also, just to state this, it isnt the server's fault you lost your rank. Its Mojang. They stated that servers can not sell in-game goods/virtual items to give off advantages. If Mojang didn't state this, surely, you wouldve kept your rank.

tl;dr,
Do not chargeback as you can get in serious trouble if the seller has evidence otherwise.
HyperCipher
06/26/2014 5:01 pm
I think it is far worse for server owners to simply take away a persons rank and not offer any compensation. Mojang have stated that anyone who has already purchased a rank is allowed to keep the perks. Of course some of these perks may give to big an advantage so the owners decide to take them away, however they should then replace them with something less OP, or purely cosmetic.

And yes of course you can not charge back if there are terms and conditions which state that you the owners can change/remove your ranks at any time without warning. However if they do not have such terms and conditions then you will get in no trouble at all for charging back, as you have full right to. PayPal, will take your side of the case and not accept the appeal from the owners.

~HyperCipher
HyperCipher
06/26/2014 4:51 pm
Depending on how they have set up their store you may have legal ground to request a refund. If their store includes a disclaimer regarding the online goods and states that they may vary/can be taken away at any time at the owners discretion, then I am sorry to say you don't have a foot to stand on.

However if no such disclaimer is on the website/store then as you have paid for a the virtual good you have full right to get a refund if that good is taken away from you. You are not the one which has broken the EULA, the owners are.

If there is no such disclaimer on the website you need to take a screenshot of the current store so that you have proof, in case the owners add it in once you email them. Once you have a screenshot simply email the owners, with your screenshot and state that they broke the EULA not you, and request a refund.

If they do not accept to refund your order, simply charge back the payment through pay pal. The owners will most likely then appeal the charge back, however you now have all the proof and legal ground you need to win the appeal.

I wish you the best of luck.

~HyperCipher
InfimaxNetwork
06/26/2014 4:48 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Just Chargeback on PayPal
TWSSYesterday
06/26/2014 4:37 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Cyborg
You are allowed to keep your perks, however once the new EULA is enforced, no more. You should keep what you bought, hence why everyone is donating all of a sudden xD
ASF
06/26/2014 4:34 pm
If he says he's not refunding, he's not refunding.
There's no compensation policy, so you're out of luck.
Malaionus
06/26/2014 2:59 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon
You didn't donate. You bought. There's a difference.
COOOCOOO123
06/26/2014 3:11 pm
Yes I know this. Pardon me if I say donate.
Skeltal
06/26/2014 2:37 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Princess
If this is supposed to be diamond armor with Protection V,I think you could get that yourself.
Swimmer1929
06/26/2014 2:29 pm
COOOCOOO123
Magicman88999Maybe it's good that this happened, so in the future, you don't throw $150 at a server.

Gee, thanks for answering my question. :| I know, I'm probably never donating anything ever again. Do you have something helpful to say?

If he said he's not refunding you, he's not refunding you. Next time don't spend $150 (why on earth would you even do that...) on a server if you'll regret it later.
ASF
06/26/2014 2:25 pm
Maybe it's good that this happened, so in the future, you don't throw $150 at a server.
COOOCOOO123
06/26/2014 2:27 pm
Gee, thanks for answering my question. I know, I'm probably never donating anything ever again. Do you have something helpful to say?
madmax3004
06/26/2014 2:45 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Ranger
Then don't donate 150 for a gawd damned server, you can buy tons of other stuff for that, a phone, dozens of games (steam summer sales, yay), 10 or 20 is fine, but 150? Come'on, that's frickin much!
Did you even think about it before buying that rank? And what did you even get for the 150$?
COOOCOOO123
06/26/2014 2:51 pm
Dude, if you read my earlier comment you'll see what im actually asking -_-
COOOCOOO123
06/26/2014 2:21 pm
Bump. Guys, I know now that $150 is a lot of money. -_- That doesnt help . What I need to know is your guy's (and girls) opinions on if you think the Owner of the server made the right choice and is there anything mojang has said that would entitle me to a refund? I went on the server and the owner says that it's "illegal" to refund people. .... Does anybody understand his reasoning behind that?
Xyifer12
06/24/2014 1:26 am
Level 41 : Master Toast
devilkid99
Xyifer12
Multiplayer will not die even if ever server hosting company vanishes. People still run servers the proper way. (running the software on an actual server that they own)

Hahaha, yeah cos so many people do that. My point is that it is going to have so many more unforeseen impacts. There are so many different servers out there and even the smaller ones will suffer from this. I'm not saying every server will disappear but i'm sure we will see a dramatic reduction in the good quality servers because only rich people will be able to run these massive servers.

The huge servers are usually the bad ones, they get clogged with players and buttloads of plugins that go against what minecraft is meant to be like.
EnderPvPsYT
06/23/2014 4:48 pm
Level 24 : Expert Ninja
They have some timeyet ^_^
Duckgod
06/23/2014 4:47 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Taco
It's supposed to be donations, giving something with nothing in return knowing you did the right thing, not pay 2 play.
Area511
06/23/2014 4:41 pm
Level 23 : Expert Engineer
my gosh.... I wouldn't never pay $150 for a rank... Unless it was a very known big company and not some random dude.

I think you cannot get your $150 back. Maybe try asking the owner nicely.
Seabro
06/23/2014 11:23 am
Level 39 : Artisan Kitten
Xyifer12
Multiplayer will not die even if ever server hosting company vanishes. People still run servers the proper way. (running the software on an actual server that they own)

Hahaha, yeah cos so many people do that. My point is that it is going to have so many more unforeseen impacts. There are so many different servers out there and even the smaller ones will suffer from this. I'm not saying every server will disappear but i'm sure we will see a dramatic reduction in the good quality servers because only rich people will be able to run these massive servers.
xAstraah
06/23/2014 11:16 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Modder
Your donation will help fund the server you play on for a while so if you just dont ask for a refund your probably better off. Yet i do see where you are coming from.
Sonadel
06/23/2014 3:09 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Lemon
iantvannThere is a really easy way to get around the EULA. A small kind of loophole. Anyways here is the link http://tinyurl.com/2fcpre6

Joke is on you. I like that song. Also, it's 2014.
Find a different meme pls. Thank u!
XerNoah
06/23/2014 3:07 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Dragon
Mineplex*
XerNoah
06/23/2014 3:07 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Dragon
Think about big servers like minecraft people paid ALLOT of money if they shut it down they should let the people who already purchased stuff keep it.
StealingDaPenta
06/23/2014 1:33 am
Level 31 : Artisan Pony
COOOCOOO123Hey guys, I recently bought perks for $150 before the EULA got reinforced, and now the server I donated on took away everyones rank, because they are afraid of Mojang shutting them down. Is there a compensation policy in Mojangs EULA? Has Notch said anything about it? Thanks guys, I plan on getting a refund if there is official support from Mojang, because I can still get them in trouble if they don't…….

you're screwed
EnchantedM
06/23/2014 12:48 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Pokemon

i cant speak. i'm done with this whole EULA thing people just just don't get it
Xyifer12
06/23/2014 12:41 am
Level 41 : Master Toast
devilkid99
some1epic123
devilkid99The EULA is a stupid idea, it is bad for mojangs reputation, they used to be the layed back indie game developers. But now they are becoming the strict big company which goes againts everything they started out as.

Notch is just trying to protect his game and servers from becoming a pay to win,
and after enforcing good rules that should have been enforced long ago (but were already there), he gets called "Worse than EA". There is nothing wrong with Notch not wanting donors to have huge OP kits of things like stacked god apples, extremely high enchantments, stacked armor etc. that ruin the game for everyone else.

But this will mean large servers will go down as they cannot afford it anymore. This means that server hosting companies will need to charge more, and slowly but surely multiplayer minecraft will die. how else are large servers going to get there money?

Mortifer
06/23/2014 12:12 am
Level 41 : Master Network
-no-
DaSquyd
06/22/2014 10:28 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Toast
1: It's ultimately your fault because it's been on the EULA (which you agreed to).
2: Mojang stated that things bought by players before August are able to be kept without breaking the newly enforced EULA. So, tell your server's administration that you keeping your items isn't breaking the rules.
searchndstroy
06/22/2014 10:36 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
But keeping the perks to gain those items is breaking the rules. (Or anything that the regular user does not have that you may have bought for hard currency)
Navbarry
06/22/2014 9:53 pm
Level 42 : Master Blob
Why would you donate $150 to a server!
FlyingFrie
06/22/2014 10:01 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
Because he wanted to support the server? Just a though
Sonadel
06/22/2014 9:58 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Lemon
Maybe he likes the server? Just a thought.
Navbarry
06/22/2014 10:22 pm
Level 42 : Master Blob
I like loads of servers and I donate $15. Donating $150 is simply a waste of money for a non-physical item.
xChakz
06/22/2014 9:49 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
COOOCOOO123Hey guys, I recently bought perks for $150 before the EULA got reinforced, and now the server I donated on took away everyones rank, because they are afraid of Mojang shutting them down. Is there a compensation policy in Mojangs EULA? Has Notch said anything about it? Thanks guys, I plan on getting a refund if there is official support from Mojang, because I can still get them in trouble if they don't…….

Can't you force a refund? I'm not familiar with any Paypal or anything but I think you get banned from Buycraft if you do that though, what I heard.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome