I hate 1.6

SwaggSkins's Avatar SwaggSkins7/5/13 10:26 am
7/5/2013 12:09 pm
Instant_ReplEH's Avatar Instant_ReplEH
Hello Planet Minecraft. Now, I'm not here to winge but I really hate 1.6 Minecraft. I am here to share why I am, and I would also like to know why you like/dislike 1.6. Please comment your thoughts below. This is why I Personally hate it.

1. New Launcher - I do not like the new launcher. I know a lot of people who play Minecraft do understand all theese weird adresses that come up and this type of thing: at.exception.java/smlcommer:podconnectionlost. Spammed across your screen about 100 times before they game starts. Also, it is really buggy. There has been at least 20 times I can't log in because the "Log In" Button just... Isn't working? Also, all these other options are good to have I guess but really they make it in the most complicated way so only mega computer nerds can understand it. I probably sound like a noob but I do know a few things about computers just really that's over rated and barely makes sense!

2. Lag - I think you know what I mean by lag. The servers are laggy as crap. Even my singleplayer world is laggy for the first time In my life. I cannot.. I just simply cannot play a lot of my servers because there is so much lag. It's really impossible, I just can't!

3. Horses - BIG Fail with the horses and donkeys or whatever. They will be fine when you tame them. Then when your riding them they will be going fast then all of a sudden your screen will freeze for a second then you'll be headed in a different direction. Look, Mojang. If your going to make a Major update... do it right -.-

There are a lot more things I hate about 1.6. I really was looking foward to the horses and all that but it was a really BIG dissapointment when 1.6 acctulay came
SwaggSkins
Level 15 : Journeyman Dolphin

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Instant_ReplEH
07/05/2013 12:09 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Fisherman
I used to get like 90 fps using faithfulvenom 256 texture pack in 1.4 then in 1.5 I used a 64 bit pack because I thought it looked better and got about 60 fps and now I'm hardly getting 20 on any bukkit server
Linkedge
07/05/2013 12:04 pm
Level 29 : Expert Pixel Puncher
There are still bugs in this version, why do you think that every new update has another update the next week... it's for bug FIXES.
munchiesyum
07/05/2013 10:45 am
Level 22 : Expert Pixel Painter
Calm down the lag is inevitable for some computers and it'll get better in the next update !
Kretts
07/05/2013 12:00 pm
Level 22 : Expert Architect
I can run 100% of new releases on the highest settings with no lagg, and with a high frame rate. I should not be lagging in Minecraft.
Kretts
07/05/2013 10:44 am
Level 22 : Expert Architect
The new launcher is just plain annoying. Aside from it being an immense visual downgrade from the previous one, it is just un-necessarily complicated. Furthermore, switching between versions is a pain, as it deletes my mods (I only have two, but it's still annoying to have them deleted over, and over, and over...).

The lagg, too, is annoying. Ever since 1.5 Minecraft has been getting more and more laggy. In 1.4 I could run 256x texture packs with no problem! In 1.5 I had to downgrade to 128x. Now my minecraft is laggy no matter which texture pack, or version, I play on (I attribute this more to the new launcher, again).

The horses are awesome, though. I plan on, once the PMc server upgrades, dedicating my life to being a horse archer, riding along the country side raiding and pillaging.
Jeanine
07/05/2013 10:39 am
Level 23 : Expert Explorer
Theres also the sprint glitch and the right click glitch for mac users.
Link9899
07/05/2013 10:38 am
Level 1 : New Pony
I have been laggy on servers and servers as well, I don't but if you have NVIDIA right click the launcher and hit run with graphics processor, or you could wait for optifine to come out for 1.6. Hope this helps with the lag
_Minestar_
07/05/2013 10:37 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Artist
I don't have any of those problems and my computer is not very good
rgl
07/05/2013 10:36 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
1. New launcher is still being developed and is no where near complete, Dinnerbone said in his twitter that there will be an update for the launcher aftet 1-2 weeks that will make it look awesome!

2. Sprint lag is fixed in 1.6.2 pre-release https://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp or then it is your computer the one who can't handle it.

3. It is your GPU, If you need to upgrade your Graphics card http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_family.html I recommend GTX graphics card

I would like to hear more things that you hate about 1.6 to help you
ThatsMyPickaxe
07/05/2013 10:35 am
Level 48 : Master Technomancer
1. New Launcher - I like the new launcher; It could be a bit more user friendly, but all the new options are really nice.

2. Lag - I don't really lag on singleplayer, but you're right about multiplayer (It's probably just the server software).

3. Horses - I think that horses are a great addition, as they provide a fast means of travel around the world and "bring minecraft to life".

SwaggSkinsat.exception.java/smlcommer:podconnectionlost. Spammed across your screen about 100 times before they game starts

You're not supposed to pay attention to that unless there's a problem, it's just showing you what's going on.
-Rusty
07/05/2013 10:33 am
Level 48 : Master Answer
Do you think Mojang made Minecraft laggy all of the sudden? And why does the launcher annoy you? You see that real quick, then you start playing.. And the horses/lag is just your computer, deal with it.. Don't get mad at Mojang for not having a computer good enough to play it without lag, just save up for a new computer. Also, knowing things about a computer is over-rated..?

Oh and I don't lag at all, I've actually been getting higher frame-rates. I used to get around 400-600 with medium settings, now I get around 700-800 with medium settings.
DarkFadeLink
07/05/2013 10:42 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
True the launcher is Epic, I used to get -100 FPS during 1.5 in 1.6 (Without optifine) I get 200 - 400 Fps
chumchum1723
07/05/2013 10:30 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
Well...you are right with the new luncher and the lag
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome