How should Minecraft be played?

Solespawn's Avatar Solespawn12/27/23 1:02 pm
5 emeralds 229 5
12/30/2023 3:22 am
Icey the Grand's Avatar Icey the Grand
Big important question here!

👉👉👉 How should one play Minecraft (for fun and/or for content creation)? 👈👈👈

I guess this could be representative of any game but Minecraft is a special case as it allows for almost an infinite amount of ways to play/do things in the game. So leave your vote down below! If you have a mixed opinion then please explain in the comments on this poll. You can absolutely explain further in the comments if you've chosen any of the other potions as well!

Poll ended 12/30/2023 1:02 pm.

Solespawn
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Detective Azura
12/29/2023 3:38 am
Level 22 : Expert Artist
Play however you want, that is the point Minecraft as a sandbox game. I play both survival and creative modded by the way.

However if you are playing on a server, be sure to respect everyone and check the rules before you decide to do something, some servers may not allow cheats, and griefing is frowned upon in most servers for obvious reasons. But that's it ^^
Icey the Grand
12/29/2023 7:24 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Skinner
Agreed.
AyanamiKun
12/29/2023 2:30 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Survival FTW! ^.^
ShelLuser
12/27/2023 8:18 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
Definitely however you want, the most important part is you having fun of course!

And there's simply no "best way" to do that.

My gf and me are currently pouring quite a few hours into our Minecraft server (modded) yet despite the mods we still play as we usually do: I mostly mess around in Creative and "hacking away" at game mechanics or just trying things out a bit while she's very set on playing a full vanilla'ish survival game. So she spents most time in survival (we both have access to commands though).

And yah, just having fun though we did apply some rules; I know she doesn't want to "cheat" so I make sure not to spoil her game or anything by just "doing" things creative. Though... I did set her up with a "Mekanism starters kit" ;) but that's all. And of course, sometimes I do help out a bit. Yesterday she set up her first fully working redstone circuit (= lamps light up when it gets darker) and we were having fun together as I briefly explained the mechanics. Well.. turned out she ran out of mats for the last lamp so I simply build that last part (using 5 or so polished diorite and a few redstone torches).

Thing is: we're both having lots of fun, which is all that matters.
ScotsMiser
12/27/2023 1:48 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
SSP: play however you want.

SMP: play by the rules & conventions of the server (social contract included).
  If you don't like the rules either propose changes or leave (assuming the dislike is strong enough). Given the number of servers available, the likelyhood one can find a reasonably close match to most playstyles is very high. [​Anarchist/griefers who want everyone else to play nice are an obvious exception.]
  It is also worth noting that one may be better off playing on a server with a few annoying rules and good people than one with 'good' rules and annoying people…

WRT fun vs content:
If one is posting contnet as a job (i.e. an income on which to live vs 'beer money') then it should be treated as a job — which means fun becomes subordinated to getting the product out.
[​My suspicion is that most of the really successful (in monetray terms) MC content creators are sufficiently fond of the process of playing and / or content production that they are able to (at least generally) keep the fun factor high while cranking out product. Alternately, some may just be good actors.]

If one is not treating MC as a [​potential] income source, I am hard put to think of a reason other than fun to play it.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome