Ideas for a plugin.

Killstrike Gamer's Avatar Killstrike Gamer7/20/15 3:58 pm
1 emeralds 540 9
7/23/2015 2:52 pm
BestMinerGavin's Avatar BestMinerGavin
Hello Everyone!
Hello, I am LiamMcGamer and I like to make plugins, one of the most challenging things for me though is what should I make in a plugin and what should I call it? I have worked on plugins before and can do Commands, Potion Effect, Permissions, Login events, Dropping item events, Broadcasting, ect. I have submitted plugins before and they work. 2 of my plugins are on BukkitDev.

If you would like me to do one just tell me the name, description of it, commands and their description, permissions and events.

Thanks,
LiamMcGamer
Killstrike Gamer
Level 3 : Apprentice Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

BestMinerGavin
07/23/2015 2:52 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Ranger
If you don't want to do Airdrop, another idea is maybe a way to capture other players, and make it compatible with like Factions. Captured players can't teleport away or move away or anything, and must be rescued by a friend or let go by the person who captured him. Perhaps make it where their hands are bound and they can't open doors or anything, but can walk around (unless the people who capture him bound his legs). I was also thinking maybe there could be a knife item that can cut the bounds loose that players could carry.
BestMinerGavin
07/21/2015 5:33 pm
Yea, those plugins don't work well.

I was thinking broadcasting could be configurable, too. Like, whether to broadcast location, broadcast that there is an airdrop (or generate sound, whole point of airdrop is like Rust), say the location of the airdrop, hide it completely, or tell the general area of the airdrop.

Of course, you could put this into four modes:
Hide it-Hides the airdrop except for those who can see it
Basic, which would make the airdrop noise and POSSIBLY announce that there's one
Intermediate, which would broadcast general location, everything in Basic.
Advanced, which would broadcast all info
Killstrike Gamer
07/20/2015 8:36 pm
I will try to do that, if its an airdrop would you like it to broadcast in chat the location?
ManOFireLake
07/20/2015 6:56 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
Nice idea @BestMinerGavin I'd like that plugin.
BestMinerGavin
07/20/2015 6:33 pm
How about a plugin that creates an airdrop every once in a while in the world, which is viewed as like 2 or 3 chests falling with a "parachute". Once it hits the ground, the blocks that make up the parachute disappear, and the chest spawns with configurable materials.
Killstrike Gamer
07/20/2015 8:45 pm
Although I'd love to do it, It is not an original idea.
I know I want ideas but it is not original, so I am going to link you to ones to be fair because I don't want to copy and I want to be nice:
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/auto-airdrop/
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/airdrop/
anonpmc1279828
07/20/2015 10:46 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
[deleted]
Killstrike Gamer
07/20/2015 8:34 pm
Great Idea!
Killstrike Gamer
07/20/2015 4:42 pm