1.7 Information / Release Date etc

queketth's Avatar queketth9/14/13 6:42 pm
1 emeralds 630 4
9/15/2013 4:46 pm
Chron's Avatar Chron
1. I hear that the 1.7 Minecraft update is fast approaching could anyone give me a time frame to expect on there being a 1.7 bukkit version available (just rough figures).

2. What are server owners doing to prepare for this change ? Will this mean that once users have updated to 1.7 and the server has not you will receive the 'outdated server' message ?

3. How are people planning on moving their current maps e.g. builds and claims and /home set locations etc.. over to the new 1.7?

This is the first major update which my server will have gone through and I am a little cautious and worried by it could anyone shed some light on the methods used / required to conduct a major change / upgrade such as this one ?
queketth
Level 32 : Artisan Geek

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/15/2013 4:46 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
queketth
Chronalga
3. The world should stay the same. Only new chunks will have the ability to be the new biomes/have the new flowers, though. And for the /sethome locations, those are only deleted if you delete Essentials. You can delete the .jar file and keep the folder, and you will be able to update Essentials without losing your data.

I have looked into this further and was told "Every chunk will be converted and affected by the change.
The old chunks won't have any special protections keeping them the same as the old style. In fact, in the Alpha version of 1.7 it warns you that your old worlds will have "jagged edges or something like that.
and suggests that you only start with new worlds and don't reuse the old ones"

May I ask where you got your information as I much prefer it

I got my information from previous experience with past updates. I guess this update is different...
09/15/2013 3:00 pm
Level 20 : Expert Pirate
LastTulare
1. It will be here when it gets here. Still fun to talk about it and watch snapshot vids.

2. I told players to keep waiting a few months and dont stop building just because they hear there will be a new map. True minecrafters dont give up building.

3. I am getting a new map as the main world and keeping the original as a secondary for a few months as players move their own stuff. I dont believe in w/e in buildings and cutting the natural look. My players are going to have fun, since I run Towny and there are several very large towns that they would have to move
09/15/2013 2:47 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Geek
queketth
Chronalga
3. The world should stay the same. Only new chunks will have the ability to be the new biomes/have the new flowers, though. And for the /sethome locations, those are only deleted if you delete Essentials. You can delete the .jar file and keep the folder, and you will be able to update Essentials without losing your data.

I have looked into this further and was told "Every chunk will be converted and affected by the change.
The old chunks won't have any special protections keeping them the same as the old style. In fact, in the Alpha version of 1.7 it warns you that your old worlds will have "jagged edges or something like that.
and suggests that you only start with new worlds and don't reuse the old ones"

May I ask where you got your information as I much prefer it
09/14/2013 7:02 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
queketth1. I hear that the 1.7 Minecraft update is fast approaching could anyone give me a time frame to expect on there being a 1.7 bukkit version available (just rough figures).

2. What are server owners doing to prepare for this change ? Will this mean that once users have updated to 1.7 and the server has not you will receive the 'outdated server' message ?

3. How are people planning on moving their current maps e.g. builds and claims and /home set locations etc.. over to the new 1.7?

This is the first major update which my server will have gone through and I am a little cautious and worried by it could anyone shed some light on the methods used / required to conduct a major change / upgrade such as this one ?

1. A recommended build for a new version usually comes out 2 weeks to 2 months after the update, but the first dev builds are usually within two weeks.

2. Yes, players will receive that message. However, they can easily downgrade to 1.6.2 and play on your server.

Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome