Just a Minecraft server idea i wanted to share

DreamWanderer's Avatar DreamWanderer5/22/17 6:21 pm
1 emeralds 491 5
5/23/2017 3:19 am
lvivtotoro's Avatar lvivtotoro
Just like everything i think of, I'm sure I'm not the first. Has anyone ever thought of or tried making a Survival/Roleplay server where everything has to be done like real life, (or as close as you can get to it).
I know it may seem boring to others but i have always wanted to do a survival roleplay server where building, cities, towns, mining, farming, cutting wood, and etc has to be done like in current times in real life.
A few examples of mine:
MINES: have to be dug in a realistic fashion whether deep mines, or open cut, and instead of cobblestone or any unwanted blocks crammed in a chest or thrown in lava, are piled up on the surface. When the mine no longer becomes profitable and is closed it is "reclaimed" open cut mines would be "backfilled" or filled in with the left over block from the mining process or deep mines sealed shut and waste piles either smoothed over, with grass and planted with trees and or removed.

ROADS: Left over cobble from mines could be taken to a "smelting plant" (or in realistic terms a "concrete plant" ) to be smelted into smooth stones to "pave" new roads and build other projects which would require "concrete" in real life. Roads would be protected from building/destroying just like a road in real life has a owned "right of way" by state or town

MAP: the server map would be non physically divided into states and cities,towns,townships,boroughs,villages,etc which each would be responsible for protecting its infrastructure and landmarks. With named rivers, mountains, lakes, and any other landmark

ECONOMY: Just like in real life, Players could start there own business what ever it be building homes for people or selling them, building infrastructure, mining, farming, selling items or just cutting wood.

In short tho just to name a few i think that would take a very large map and playerbase i trying it on my singleplayer world with survival, but i have built little, I'm just one person lol
DreamWanderer
Level 85 : Elite Pegasus