Lightning Rods in Minecraft?

Vipes's Avatar Vipes1/29/12 5:39 pm
1 emeralds 6.8k 12
2/4/2012 8:54 pm
Jack's Avatar Jack
I never was unfortunate enough to have lightning strike my home, but due to how many storms have happened recently, and the fact my home is mostly wood, is there a way to make a lightning rod?

In real life, lightning always hits the tallest object where it strikes, but does it in Minecraft? If so would building a non wood pillar on top of my home, and connecting it to the ground draw the lightning to it, and direct it to the ground?
Vipes
Level 25 : Expert Skinner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/04/2012 8:54 pm
Level 49 : Master uwu
Jack
brandman
But where does the redstone come in? There is no need for it in a lightning rod. All it is is a metal stick on top of tall important buildings. Admittedly some use it to help pay off electric bills, but there is no electric appliances in minecraft, and again, not enough lightning in minecraft to provide a charge for redstone lines either.

The Electrical appliances in minecraft are pistons/note blocks/dispensers/etc/etc.

The electrical source being redstone or a button or pressure plate or switch.

If someone where to make this mod, they could easily increase the chances of a lightning storm and maybe add a generator/battery backup kind of block that stores lightning energy and when full can be used to power a house for a set amount of time.

You completely missed those factors and should think about what other things the modder could do with the mod, its a great idea and i could see it being quite popular.
02/04/2012 8:32 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Siron1221
well if you were to add this mod, increase the amount of lightning and add electric furnaces and/or other electric stuff.
02/04/2012 5:54 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
bmxerlol
I have No idea
02/04/2012 8:20 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Narwhal
brandman
Then why did you post? Derp.
02/04/2012 2:14 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Narwhal
brandman
I don't think that there is enough AI in lightning nor are they often enough in minecraft to warrant the creation of them. Nice mod idea though.

But where does the redstone come in? There is no need for it in a lightning rod. All it is is a metal stick on top of tall important buildings. Admittedly some use it to help pay off electric bills, but there is no electric appliances in minecraft, and again, not enough lightning in minecraft to provide a charge for redstone lines either.

It should just be 1 iron ingot and 1 blaze rod. My reasoning being that the blaze rod would just have iron plating, and plating is very thin.
02/04/2012 2:08 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
andyrussell13
it would be a great mod ^^
01/29/2012 9:42 pm
Level 25 : Expert Skinner
Vipes
Just imagine how people would use lightning rods...

70% would use it to recreate the famous Dr. Frankenstein scene.

20% would actually use it to save their homes or power machines.

10% would place it everywhere.
01/29/2012 5:46 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
andyrussell13
That would be a good mod idea

Lightning Rods attracts the lightning and powers redstone
01/29/2012 6:08 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
craftykids
So would they be a block that you place, or would they just be big towers of blocks?

If they're a block that you place, they should be crafted with a blaze rod and redstone.
01/29/2012 6:41 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Architect
Ian The Oreo
Iron block, with a blaze rod on top, with redstone on top.
01/29/2012 6:47 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
craftykids
Hmm... I think it would be better if it was iron block, with redstone on top, with blaze rod on top.

01/29/2012 5:43 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Artist
SondreHG
The lightnings in Minecraft is (to now) all random.

Theres no way to effect that. Tough, it seems like the lightning aims for burnable blocks..
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome