Make Minecraft SIMPLE Again!

Jnaejnae's Avatar Jnaejnae5/8/19 6:59 pm
25 emeralds 2.5k 73
6/8/2019 9:45 pm
AmericanBagel's Avatar AmericanBagel
I have felt that every Minecraft update is one step forward then one step backwards. Minecraft continuously has more muddled game design and decreasing intuitive nature. I've been going back to Minecraft alpha and it is truly charming, as someone who joined Minecraft during 1.4 I have no nostalgia for beta or alpha Minecraft however there are aspects of alpha that I actually prefer over current Minecraft. To clarify, I do like a lot of the new content and Alpha has too few content to maintain interest for long. I'm not saying Alpha is better than 1.14, I'm saying they are equally as good and I wish there was some way to experience the benefits of both versions at the same time. The game has transformed beyond recognition, and I want to figure out a way to get the best of both worlds.

  First thing that old Minecraft has is practical design. Everything has purpose, a good example are the mobs. Pigs are for food, Cows are for leather, Sheep are for wool, and Chicken are for feathers. It makes sense that Minecraft later decided to add food for all the animals, but firstly that undermines the purpose of pigs, and secondly they should have called the item meat. Instead every animal drops meaningless variations of meat that only exist to clog inventory space. Same complaint for the decorative stone variations such as andesite. In current Minecraft I feel like I'm constantly picking up items and blocks I will never use, rotten flesh was easily one of the worst additions to Minecraft. At least when zombies dropped feathers that could actually be used to craft arrows.

  Second thing the old Minecraft has is a sense of danger. You can't sprint, you can't block, you can't enchant, you can't potion, you can't sleep to skip the night, you can't get a totem to cheat death, you can't boost your brightness to cheat the darkness. The zombies and creepers at night are actually dangerous, but in modern minecraft they are both a joke and annoyance. The only times I die in modern Minecraft is by being knocked off a high place, I've started doing self-imposed challenges such as doing worlds without using any armor or weapons. The survival aspect of Minecraft is just tedious, I've never gone down to zero hunger because food is just so available, Minecraft was a better survival game before the hunger mechanic.

  Minecraft's progression, minimalism, and challenge has been quantifiably ruined by the countless changes made to the game. However Minecraft in it's alpha state is lacking in content to be interesting for very long and has clunky controls. So what do I want? What did I make this post for? I want to request some sort of mod or plugin that overhauls the newest Minecraft to fit in with classic Minecraft's practical minimalism design and atmosphere. Minecraft has lost it's elegant game design, I want to find a way to return it without undoing the many positive changes.

  My main concern is that if Minecraft is loses it's identity it won't withstand competition. For instance Hytale is a well-hyped game, it already has shown to have more bosses, creatures, items, dimensions, dungeons, and lore than Minecraft. Hytale also advertises intuitive mod API, scripting, and a built-in modeling and animation software. It has better creature AI, animation, graphics, and GUI. The one thing Hytale does NOT have that Minecraft SHOULD have is effective minimalist design. More is not always better. Minecraft needs to rediscover what makes Minecraft special, if it doesn't it risks becoming forgettable and bland, and then it won't have any advantage over the competition aside from existing popularity and nostalgia.
Jnaejnae
Level 38 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

EndPlayz
05/31/2019 4:15 am
Level 31 : Artisan Professor
history
(I am not saying you didn't do anything right, because that isnt, this is just feedback)
I want to say a few things:

1. I can understand what you have put on the table with this post, but if you want someone to make a mod if you can't mod (which I assume because of the way you ask for someone to do it), you might want to start brainstorming ideas and ask for a modder later, as I am doing with my mod.

2. The way you react to people that disagree or didn't understand you post the way they should've...

'Clearly someone who completely missed the point and likely didn't read past the title.'

'You make a post with very little thought, you realize your mistake and now you come up with every excuse under the sun. Sarcasm, too boring, no one buys it. You are an embarrassingly unintelligent person trying to
maintain your ego.'

That isn't a good way to have a discussion. Calling other people dumb in the first sentence of your reply, and practically saying someone is completely a bad guy... Just no...

As my philosophy teacher said once:
'a discussion isn't about changing the mind of the other side, it is about learning something from the other side."
Well, if you react in the way you sometimes do, you don't even do the first. And by reacting that way you actually get people to not read your replies.
Jnaejnae
05/31/2019 6:03 pm
There is nothing wrong with the way I responded, you simply took the quotes out of context. I responded respectfully to the people who read the post and disagreed politely, look at my first reply to the first person who disagreed. The quotes your cherry-picked were responding to someone who said "Also, I'll admit it. I didn't read the ENTIRE post because you post boring content." and "Also I no joke almost fell to sleep reading your reply."

I never called anyone "dumb" in the first sentence in any of my replies. You are lying to put me down while pretending to be a humble and respectful person. When I predicted that he missed the point and likely didn't read past the title, I was right, he later admitted he didn't read the full post. Are you criticizing me for being honest and accurate?

You are making a mockery of philosophy, you are suggesting that I need to "learn something from the other side." He didn't even read my post, he then later tried to make the case that his entire argument was sarcasm. Strangest of all you quote a philosophy teacher instead of philosophy literature or any philosopher. Do you really think you are wise because you took Philosophy 1 in school?

I am very experienced in constructive debate, and anyone who is would know that constructive debate is not possible with people who have not even read your argument. In the first paragraph of my OP I stated that I do not believe classic Minecraft is superior to modern Minecraft, that they have their own unique downsides and upsides, and I wish that there were a way to experience the good parts of both versions. So anyone who told me to play Alpha version has definitively not read the first paragraph of my opening argument. There is nothing wrong with telling someone who didn't read the post that they didn't read the post.
EndPlayz
06/01/2019 2:24 am
Level 31 : Artisan Professor
Well, the way I have seen you react to some people who have missed the point, kindoff asks to not be read, I am not saying you are calling people stupid. I can just see the people who do think that and don't read past the first few sentences if you react that way. And, as the first sentence of my post said, it is just feedback. If you don't care about, don't use it.
likalaruku
05/29/2019 5:41 am
Level 34 : Artisan Botanist
I only use Minecraft to build. To me, this is the new LEGOs. I haven't played it like an actual game since Creative & Peaceful were introduced.

But hey man, if you want to play vintage Minecraft, you can load any alpha or beta build ever right from the launch screen.
Jnaejnae
05/29/2019 6:23 pm
I will say it again, I don't want to play vintage Minecraft. Read the post before responding please.
Laurent_Conlon
05/29/2019 1:05 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Toast
Even the bloody village and pillage update is so bugged! So badly optimized.
You can tell that the workers there don't put their heart into the game like Notch in the beginning. They just work in a fancy office and think of the money.
anonpmc2649631
05/27/2019 9:40 pm
Level 21 : Expert Sailor
[deleted]
Agret_Brisignr
05/27/2019 9:25 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
history
Do you think you could achieve what you want through modding? Removing the hunger bar, sprinting, etc.

Rework the farming/animal husbandry mechanic to limit the availability of food by :
  • Increasing growth times for crops and baby animals
  • Increasing the wait-time for breeding
  • All food can spoil if not stored properly
  • Making animals harder to kill
  • implementing a gender system so you can't breed any two cows
  • Breeding fails - Still counts as an attempt and the wait-time must pass
  • Unfertile ground and/or animals
  • Other ideas?

I would suggest you increase the difficulty by commissioning/creating/finding mods to shape the Minecraft experience you want. What you want is not what everybody else wants. The majority of players seem to be perfectly fine with the updates and thoroughly enjoy the new content and you seem to be apart of the minority of players who aren't. You aren't THE advocate for what Minecraft should be because that's the community and the developers place.

I get your point, but personally, I think that the updates have been fantastic. Hytale might be amazing or it might flop. The only thing that's been a consistent success is that Minecraft puts out updates and people continue playing or come back. So, although you might feel that Minecraft is going in the wrong direction or might die out, there's a whole team of people working on the game, actively listening to the community (sometimes?) and overall the game is alive and well. I'm more worried about the modding community dying due to updates making massive changes (like the Forge fiasco) on top of long term kings of the modding community burning out and leaving. Minecraft is a special game, and unless Mojang really messes up, I'm confident that it will stay that way.

Edit : You can basically ignore my entire comment and take away only this :

Every single issue you personally have with the game could be remedied by modding. There is no reason for the game to change in such a drastic way when the current formula is working perfectly well. Your changes would more than likely alienate a large majority of the player base and Minecraft would effectively die.
Jnaejnae
05/28/2019 3:22 am
"Every single issue you personally have with the game could be remedied by modding." That is simply not true. That would only be valid if Minecraft officially supported modding. Forge due to lack of official support firstly has to be rewritten every update resulting in zero cross-compatibility, and secondly has to drop support for older versions because Forge does not have the resources to maintain every version of forge. 1.14 doesn't even have forge support yet. It is difficult to make and update mods, resulting in many good mods dying and being left in the past. The flattening was a complete rework of Minecraft code names, it took forge what felt like forever to adapt.

This is one reason why Hytale poses a legitimate challenge to Minecraft, Hytale makes the promise of a official modding, modelling, and animation API. My dad who was an experienced Minecraft modder permanently quit Minecraft when he heard Hytale would have official mod support.

You talk like someone who has never created a mod before. Minecraft code is especially protected from being altered directly, which makes it much easier to add content than it is to change Minecraft. For instance when I tried to make a food rework mod a while ago, I wasn't allowed to simply change the cow loot table. I had to intercept the event that handles entity living drop and then find if that living entity is a cow. Your farming rework alone would take many months of experienced modding. You cannot simply go into the code and change the respawn delay variable, if you actually tried to make the mod you are suggesting you would realize how bad modding support is and you would eat your words.

Although you are more eloquent than others, your argument is still the same dismissive complacency that fails to make anything more than an appeal to popularity. My critiques of the game are not personal, they are objective. I'm not saying that Minecraft should return to how it used to be because I have fond memories, I am saying that Minecraft is losing challenge and practicality of design. Even if I were to painstakingly give a half-year of my life to create a mod to make Minecraft exactly how I think it should be, that wouldn't change the fact that Minecraft as a whole will suffer from becoming less intuitive and less unique. The results will not be immediate but they will be real.

On top of all of this you provided zero evidence that the majority of the Minecraft playerbase thinks positively of the majority of Minecraft updates. If anything it was just a petty attempt to make me feel like an outsider so you don't have to rebut any of my points. I did an internet search to find out the popularity of minecraft updates, and the very first thing I find is a reddit post claiming that they think people complain about Minecraft updates TOO much. I see no validity to your claim that I'm in the small minority. It seems like YOU are the one acting like the advocate for the Minecraft community, I only speak for myself and my observations.
Agret_Brisignr
05/28/2019 1:31 pm
history
Regarding my statements about Minecraft updates being widely accepted:

Look at the numbers. The simple fact is that more people are playing and buying the game, with many more pirating or obtaining through other means. Although people may not enjoy one update versus another or people may wish things were different, they still play the game and they do enjoy it, otherwise, they would not play it. Does this include you?

Regarding your statement that any mod is difficult to create :

I never said that creating the mod would be easy. I have attempted to make my own mods before, but, as you said, it is extremely complex and not at all easy. I should have added the possibility of using datapacks as well to give life to the experience you would like because the wiki seems to imply that you are able to edit loot tables, among other things, more easily than compared to modding. Datapacks may very well be the future of "modded" Minecraft because it acts similarly to Hytale providing an ingrained method of modifying the game, although not nearly on the same scale.

I would also add that you directly stated that modding would solve your issues.

" I want to request some sort of mod or plugin that overhauls the newest Minecraft to fit in with classic Minecraft's practical minimalism design and atmosphere."

You seem to have also missed part of my comment where I suggested having a mod commissioned by somebody who is far more experienced in modding.

Regarding "the very first thing I find is a reddit post claiming that they think people complain about Minecraft updates TOO much" :

Of course people will complain, but if you look in the comments on these posts you will more than likely find both sides of the argument. People will complain about updates ruining the game and others will say that the updates are a great improvement, as well as people like you who are in the middle ground.

Regarding the fact that you are part of a minority within the Minecraft community :

Maybe I was wrong to say you are part of a minority. I initially took your post as a complaint against updates because that's what most of your argument is based on; updates mostly adding in content that nullifies previous content and/or is filler with no purpose. You seemed to be bashing the majority of the content added in updates. I see now that you are a part of a larger group in the Minecraft community: people who wish the game was different in some ways but stayed the same in other ways.

Regarding "My critiques of the game are not personal, they are objective . . . I only speak for myself and my observations."

You're contradicting yourself. If these grievances are yours alone, then you would have no real reason to see Mojang change the game in a way that fits only you when you directly requested for a mod or plugin to be made that would achieve what you wanted.

My point being, Mojang is responsible for creating and maintaining a game that is enjoyed by the majority of their player. Just like every company, they must make money, preferably as much as possible, while sustaining their business and while making a product appealing to as many people as possible before the game or the company inevitably dies.

Your request for a mod to mold the experience you want is acceptable and expected, that's why modding exists in the first place. But, your request to change the base game to fit what you want just isn't feasible or remotely considerate of what the game actually is: a product.

Right now, we have a battle between Mojang and Hypixel Studios. Mojang has the original product that is updating and changing according to what they believe will keep their product attractive. Hypixel is taking the base concept of Mojangs product and taking it in a totally different direction, as well as borrowing a majority of their ideas from their experience with Mojangs product. It is absolutely inevitable that Mojangs customers will leave for Hytale and stay. It is also possible that players will play both games as well as people who won't play Hytale at all. "The results will not be immediate but they will be real."

Sidenote: Thanks for having this debate with me, it's a lot of fun :)
Jnaejnae
05/28/2019 5:26 pm
history
Again my issue is not my personal experience I'm worried about Minecraft's ability to compete as a whole. Minecraft has seen a good jump in relevancy, but that's mostly due to memes and lack of competition. Minecraft has not even come close to regaining the popularity it had prior to the Microsoft buyout. I care about the game and it's community just as much as I care about my own experience with it. Modding solves some issues but only half of them.

Your idea that a game being bought and played is the primary indicator of positive community interaction and long-term success is incredibly naive. If we are to interpret the community opinions based on the replies to this thread alone, it seems about 40% of people agree with me. Have you ever firsthand witnessed a popular and iconic game hit decline and fall out of relevancy? I have, and Minecraft shows all the early signs of decline. You also highly overestimate the willingness people have to play games that don't have fun in, that is until they find something more fun to play.

When someone is new to Minecraft I watch their reactions carefully, and I have observed that even people completely new to Minecraft are confused and annoyed by new mechanics rather than old ones. As Minecraft becomes less intuitive it is forced to become hold-hands more. This is going to subtly drive away new players. Minecraft is going to have to deal with the dangerous combination of updates that dilute the unique value and inate appeal of the game and new serious competition.

Also are you seriously forgetting the fact that people still have the ability to play old versions of Minecraft? This means the active playerbase of the game means absolutely nothing in terms of popularity of updates unless we had some sort of polling data on how many people play each version.
Agret_Brisignr
05/28/2019 6:13 pm
Okay, you win. Good debate!
Aspirin60
05/27/2019 7:54 pm
Level 84 : Elite Jarl
Simple house in a simple world...
living_doodle
05/27/2019 6:01 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Loremaster
There's a lot of things that just seem like it would work for a different game rather than Minecraft. Yet again, I'm not sure what the creators would do if everything just stayed like how it used to be since almost every game always keeps updating until it dies of popularity...
dreamCritting
05/16/2019 4:59 am
Level 73 : Legendary Modder
minecrafts polar bears are so pointless!
Heroder55
05/28/2019 1:38 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Cake
Challenge when you spot 10 of them with 3 babies when you haven't got diamond items.
AmericanBagel
05/14/2019 1:39 am
Level 43 : Master Engineer
You can't do much in a game without adding more content. There's only so much that can be done with alpha Minecraft's content. If you do not like Minecraft how it is today, you can play in the early versions.
Jnaejnae
05/27/2019 5:27 pm
history
Clearly someone who completely missed the point and likely didn't read past the title. I was not arguing for less content, I was arguing that new content must by balanced to ensure old content is not made irrelevant. The power creep with transportation is a strong example, originally we had minecarts, pig saddles, and boats. These were all balanced because they had their strengths and weaknesses, minecarts were the fastest but needed tracks, boats only worked on water, and pigs only worked on land. The addition of the elytra made the game unbalanced because it is the fastest, does not need tracks, and works above land or water. New content can takeaway complexity.

Your comments are predictable because its the habit of toxic fans to assume critique of updates is invalid if I don't have to play the updates. If the only counter-argument to my critiques is "well don't play it then." then that is definitive proof that my critiques are accurate and that the new updates are objectively flawed and impossible to defend with legitimate reasons.

I very clearly stated that I do not believe old versions of Minecraft are directly superior, as in my opening statement I said updates are one step forward and one step backwards. I believe updates have approximately and equal good vs bad ratio. The old Minecraft gets boring due to lack of content, the new Minecraft gets boring due to lack of challenge and charm.

I am advocating for simplicity relative to practicality, meaning I open more complexity with open arms if it has a practical place in the game. The underwater temple, guardians, and functional sponges are amazing additions that make the game more intricate without making the game unbalanced or impractical. One unbalanced addition would be the shield, and an impractical addition would be rotten flesh.

If you keep telling people to stop playing modern Minecraft, eventually people will. You will be responsible for that.
AmericanBagel
05/29/2019 12:28 am
Calm down. I'm not "toxic". I am just saying they can't keep it simple.

Here's an example of complexity that is USEFUL: *cough cough* COMMANDS *cough cough*
I absolutely love commands, and while they may be frustrating sometimes and complex, I enjoy them.
Also I never told you to stop playing modern Minecraft. Have you ever heard sarcasm to those who can't take jokes? Yeah I didn't hear of sarcasm either. *cough cough* sarcasm *cough cough*
AmericanBagel
05/29/2019 12:31 am
history
Also, I'll admit it. I didn't read the ENTIRE post because you post boring content. You were continuing to go on about the same thing over and over again. Also, do what you want with your time, but I will not write an essay just to disagree with people and call them toxic.

Also I no joke almost fell to sleep reading your reply.

PMC is so toxic and now that MinecraftForum is gone, PMC is the only place to go other than reddit. So this is fun :D toxic people yay!
Jnaejnae
05/29/2019 3:09 am
history
You make a post with very little thought, you realize your mistake and now you come up with every excuse under the sun. Sarcasm, too boring, no one buys it. You are an embarrassingly unintelligent person trying to maintain your ego. You can't spend the time to read a comment but you spend time replying to it? You are a really bad liar or a really bad reader. Take your pick.
AmericanBagel
06/08/2019 9:45 pm
I am neither.
Skelefication
05/27/2019 5:30 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Warrior
They balance that by making the elytra harder to get.
Jnaejnae
05/27/2019 7:44 pm
You are making a false implication that a railway or a good horse is easy to get. Rails cost iron, gold, and redstone at an increasing cost over distance. Saddles are uncraftable. Horses need to be tamed then selectively bred to get the best stats. Horses should have uncraftable armor so it stays alive and a lead that costs slime so you don't lose the horse. Boats are the only option that are easy to get, and boats are made irrelevant by the free dolphin swim boosts that cost nothing.

Long distance travel is typically a late-game objective regardless, I never waste time crafting a rail system because beating the end is way quicker and easier. Attempting to balance underpowered things by making them more accessible is actually a really good idea, but it's not an accurate representation of how they are currently.
MrDanklord
05/30/2019 3:57 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Engineer
You are a complete and udder idiot who cannot rationalize logic, you are stuck in a fake nostalgia, you probably have like 100 total hours on minecraft. Not a true fan.
ChickenMac7
06/01/2019 5:16 am
Level 37 : Artisan Artist
I've played Minecraft since 2011, and have easily put a couple thousand hours into it. I'm a fan of the game, but like said, Minecraft takes a step forward and a step back. I've been playing on a Realm with some friends, but it's easy, even on Hard; there's no challenge. As you can imagine, this can make the game a bit boring. That being said, Alpha and even Beta are lacking in features, so we need a balance, without making existing items obsolete.

"I'm not saying Alpha is better than 1.14, I'm saying they are equally as good and I wish there was some way to experience the benefits of both versions at the same time. The game has transformed beyond recognition, and I want to figure out a way to get the best of both worlds." [first post by OP, paragraph 1]. Did you forget about this? Jnaejnae isn't stuck in a fake nostalgia. I feel like your slightly blinded by your bias towards your opinion. Instead of saying things like they're not a true fan, try considering different points of view.

There are some legitimate issues mentioned, like the elytra causing rails, pigs, horses and boats to all become obsolete. Sure, elytra might be difficult to get, but once obtained all these issues stem. Why invest so much time and so many resources into a rail system, when one could simply go the End, get elytra, and fly everywhere? Or the constant clogging of inventory due to many redundant blocks/items. These are some of the issues. Sure, these updates add things, but causes some existing mechanics to suffer.

I feel like so many people here feel threatened by criticism of the game. I love this game, but you can't deny that it has its issues.
Jnaejnae
05/31/2019 6:17 pm
You don't know what you are saying. Get some rest.
JustAPotatoOk
05/19/2019 1:12 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Skinner
I agree.
AmericanBagel
05/14/2019 1:38 am
piglover6349
05/13/2019 10:53 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Artist
w o w donlad trunp refrence. not good.
spice_and_me
05/12/2019 5:45 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
agreed. i remember when the most detailed things were ores...
dave_crosshaw
05/12/2019 5:38 pm
Level 46 : Master Artist
Hytale is an actual game? I thought it was just a new minigame on Hypixel or something
BabyBlueberry
06/01/2019 4:01 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Farmer
hytale is a current work in progress being produced by some of the staff from hypixel.
CyberNinja_
05/12/2019 5:29 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
I totally agree with your opinion, especially the nostalgia, the sense of danger is what I agree on the mot plus the nostalgia. The opinion of yours relates to the crowd and audience, this is an amazing article and I see the activism you are causing and I love it!
burgre
05/12/2019 3:05 am
Level 1 : New Miner
history
I feel like a lot of aspects of game now are just not needed - like for example the recipe book. Although it helps a lot of new players learn and understand the game, I think remembering crafting recipes is one of those things that everyone had to sort of learn though just playing around or looking them up etc. and now that it's in the java version of the game... (and this might just be me being nostalgic), but well it just sort of takes away from the experience a little, even though it's such a small thing.
DubstepRod
05/11/2019 1:59 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Warrior
I believe some players like simplistic, others like more in depth. Personally i'm for more in depth.
Jnaejnae
05/11/2019 2:58 pm
I like games with more depth, my issue is that a lot of the Minecraft updates either have filler content or overshadow the features that preceded and occasionally reduce the depth of the game. Let's take the World of Color update as an example. Parrots are the perfect example of filler content, they don't add any depth to the game. The recipe book is a feature that completely overshadows the previous crafting system that relied on experimentation and memorization, meaning Minecraft has LESS depth after they added the recipe book.

To contrast, there are some good example of new features that added depth. Ocean monuments and armor stands are additions that added to the experience without subtracting a previous experience.
tosutosu
05/11/2019 10:05 am
Level 43 : Master Pixel Painter
I think it's rather simple - either make every part of game's content useful in some way (and not only in the decorative way) or keep on adding and adding more stuff so useless stuff no longer feels like just a filler.

I really wish we had more structures, more biomes (and for dimensions too!) and a lot more but if it were to be purposeless, I would rather feel uninspired than happy
MrDanklord
05/11/2019 3:44 am
Nostalgia is a powerful drug. Remember that.
Jnaejnae
05/11/2019 5:45 am
You would know this if you read the post, but I first played Minecraft during the 1.4.x update or the "Pretty Scary Update." It's not possible I even have nostalgia for beta or alpha Minecraft because I didn't play those until years after I played the full release of the game. I discovered retroactively what made old Minecraft a well-designed game.
MrDanklord
05/14/2019 9:21 pm
old minecraft sucked dude, you mined diamonds and completed the game. No redstone, no bosses, no exploration, nothing. It sucked. Bad. Unless you liked building, and that solely.
Jnaejnae
05/27/2019 9:08 pm
Redstone, bosses, biomes, and dungeons are some of my favorite additions to Minecraft. However if you believe these are the features that make Minecraft not suck, then Minecraft stands no chance against a game like Hytale that has already revealed to have far more bosses and dungeons than Minecraft. I advocated that Minecraft emphasize what make's it uniquely special to compete.
Babylon
05/27/2019 5:43 pm
history
Perhaps the game should be intended for those who are partial to building? I for one believe that the PvP community on Minecraft, although they have a right to play the game, have done nothing but make this game more toxic and unbalanced. Minecraft should be for builders. Attempts to satisfy all these various communities, PvP in particular, has indirectly impacted the Minecraft multiplayer community in very profound ways. One means by which Mojang attempted to satisfy PvPers was to introduce enchantments, which was a horrid, horrid decision. Enchantments make the end-game about farming enchants and accumulating massive amounts of OP equipment and armor, and not about building and fleshing out the world around you.

Moreover, it can be said that enchantments spur something of an indefinite arms race towards power and wealth on servers. Has anyone else noticed the disturbing popularity of scummy servers that introduce Loot Crates with enchantments that go up to XYZ? Servers that have indefinite sales and whose motives are obvious to anyone who isn't a literal child.
MrDanklord
05/27/2019 10:10 pm
history
How did they make building worse at all? Don't like PvP? Don't play on PvP servers. I am the owner of an amazing 1.14.1 server focused on building. All about who you surround yourself with. More block-types open up more possibilities if you simply only like building. Feel free to check out the server on my profile if ya wanna join! From what I hear, you don't like the community, not the game, big difference, find yourself a better community!
Babylon
05/28/2019 10:45 am
I don't think you read what I wrote. I said MInecraft is FOR builders and the pvp community in and of itself, has degraded the collective Minecraft community.
foxy22703
05/10/2019 7:06 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
I see where you are coming from, but java does have hardcore difficulty for if you want to be challenged
Jnaejnae
05/10/2019 9:39 pm
Hardcore mode is more punishing than hard mode, but not more challenging. I specifically stated that Minecraft is losing challenge. The difference between the two, is that challenge means its harder to win and punishing means its harder to recover from a loss. A game like Dark Souls is a challenging game, because its hard to beat a boss, but if you die you simply respawn at the last bonfire. A game like Dead Cells is a punishing rogue-like game with no checkpoints.

Minecraft Hardcore mode is not more challenging.
Steadfast
05/09/2019 7:28 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Architect
Compared to some ridiculous mods out there, I'm pretty happy with the simplicity of vanilla Minecraft.
PaintsplattersMC
05/09/2019 7:16 pm
Level 40 : Master uwu
history
I personally like the game of Minecraft in creative mode in a superflat world. with tools like worldedit and stuff. Its just inspiring to see what i can come up with. IMO more blocks is better, but i also see the idea that the game isnt too much of a challenge anymore. Perhaps the devs could make the game more challenging. Make things more difficult to obtain. maybe more dangerus caves / nether for example
InfamousArgyle
05/09/2019 11:42 am
Level 37 : Artisan Spider Rider
Despite all the additions, its definitely simpler than when i first started mining.
Captain_JEK
05/09/2019 9:51 am
Level 87 : Elite Deity
I can only agree on the part that it is more satisfying when things actually have a (and probably only one) purpose. I remember wondering why there even existed pigs when I started playing Minecraft in 1.2.3 when you could get "meat" from cows and chicken as well (sheep didn't drop meat back then, only wool)
For the survival aspect I really would say it would be better if the game was simpler and everything had a purpose, just as you said.
Now it is that I mostly play creative and there only are few blocks I never used. So, I wouldn't say there are too many blocks. Andesite, diorite and granite are useful for some things and I already used all of them at least once.

In a nutshell: I think for survival it would actually be better to have more simplistic and intuitive game mechanics. For creative applies the more options the better. You don't need cows dropping leather and meat in creative anyway... xD
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome