Mature Bukkit Alternative: Carany Mod

Quanto__'s Avatar Quanto__10/20/14 9:00 am
10/20/2014 4:39 pm
Woodilicious's Avatar Woodilicious
Hey guys!

So recently I've been scouring the Internet for a new platform for my server. Bukkit is dead, and I don't think Spigot is stable enough to use. I look at Sponge and Glowstone. Both are good, but they're not fully developed (to my knowledge). As I continued to search the vast corners of the Internet, I came across Carany Mod (http://www.canarymod.net). Further research on this site showed me that this is a good API for me and other to use.

Carany Mod has the same roots at Bukkit. It was created in 2010 after the disappearance of the original hMod developer. I have found that Carany Mod has a lot of built-in features that Bukkit/Spigot don't. For example, Carany Mod has its own permission system, with groups and everything. It also has a lot more commands that I have not look at yet (the site said there are 40+ commands). Their website also has a large plugin database for you to download from.

For those of you who will inevitably wonder, no, I'm not being payed to "advertise" this. I just was looking for a server platform I could use, and I found one that I thought might help Minecraft servers return to normal.

Thanks for reading!
Quanto__
Level 17 : Journeyman Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Woodilicious
10/20/2014 4:39 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
This isn't completely related to the topic, but it's related to the bukkit disappearance, so I thought that I would mention it.
I feel like this perfectly describes the Minecraft 1.7-1.8 server transition problem...
Quanto__
10/20/2014 4:36 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Engineer
Yes, I realized that I mispelled the title.

The idea behind this post is to publicize the API. Obiously, there aren't as many plugins, but there are still quite a few. I also think you could likely find similar plugins to the Bukkit plugins in their database.

EDIT: I'd like to point out that Bukkit is dead. I don't see Spigot surviving on patches for a long period of time. That's why I went looking for something like this.

EDIT 2: About the plugins. I just realized that there's only a page of plugins. So ya, it does need more developement.
anonpmc1280016
10/20/2014 10:40 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
[deleted]
AnarchyDesigner
10/20/2014 9:23 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Crafter
Pretty cool, never thought there was anything else besides spigot and bukkit
BestMinerGavin
10/20/2014 9:21 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Ranger
BestMinerGavin
MIke1022Hey guys!

So recently I've been scouring the Internet for a new platform for my server. Bukkit is dead, and I don't think Spigot is stable enough to use. I look at Sponge and Glowstone. Both are good, but they're not fully developed (to my knowledge). As I continued to search the vast corners of the Internet, I came across Carany Mod (http://www.canarymod.net). Further research on this site showed me that this is a good API for me and other to use.

Carany Mod has the same roots at Bukkit. It was created in 2010 after the disappearance of the original hMod developer. I have found that Carany Mod has a lot of built-in features that Bukkit/Spigot don't. For example, Carany Mod has its own permission system, with groups and everything. It also has a lot more commands that I have not look at yet (the site said there are 40+ commands). Their website also has a large plugin database for you to download from.

For those of you who will inevitably wonder, no, I'm not being payed to "advertise" this. I just was looking for a server platform I could use, and I found one that I thought might help Minecraft servers return to normal.

Thanks for reading!

Spigot is stable, but yes, I agree.

Only problem is, sadly it has almost no plugins developed, but that can change if more use it...
BestMinerGavin
10/20/2014 9:18 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Ranger
MIke1022Hey guys!

Thanks for reading!

Spigot is stable, but yes, I agree.
polarluke2
10/20/2014 9:18 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Engineer
MIke1022Hey guys!

Thanks for reading!

THe only qustion......Does it run most plugins
Faxwy
10/20/2014 9:16 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Princess
NomarTheHero
CasterisWho needs Bukkit anyway

The world.

Lies. We've just grown too attached to it.
NomarTheHero
10/20/2014 9:13 am
Level 30 : Artisan Pokemon
CasterisWho needs Bukkit anyway

The world.
Faxwy
10/20/2014 9:06 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Princess
Who needs Bukkit anyway
(You spelled the title wrong, it's Canary not Carany)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome