Minecraft bedrock edition< content parity and locking versions.

AGTRigorMortis's Avatar AGTRigorMortis11/13/21 10:25 am
3 emeralds 443 4
11/15/2021 12:42 pm
AGTRigorMortis's Avatar AGTRigorMortis
Just what would I have to do, or anyone for that matter, to convince Mojang to allow people to lock Minecraft bedrock edition to a specific version? Java edition players get to play older iterations of the game before updates were done to either add new items, remove items or change how items worked.

I know it is Microsoft pulling the strings here with their ridiculous Xbox Live policy mandating that games be updated just to go online. But isn't Minecraft supposed to be a sandbox? and why should Java users get the benefits of locking the game to 1.16 or earlier while updates are forced on players for good or ill in bedrock edition?

Me and friends who play on my Minecraft worlds have some big plans for builds, and we don't want those being ruined because of updates that keep getting forced on us. First with 1.17 messing up the ore distribution, and now with a few people expecting Mojang to nerf mending to oblivion or make it useless, which means me and other players who frequent my worlds won't have as much freedom to build structures out of the resources we collected, all because of some stupid update a minority of people asked for, and to hell with the consequences for the majority.

I really don't get why people complained about the Phantom, compared to other updates or suggestions for updates I've seen, Phantom from aquatic update is tame if you ask me, all it means is you need to use a bed on the third night to avoid the hassle, not a big deal. It's not nearly as big of an inconvenience as losing expensive gear that you worked hard to enchant, just because some people asserted its OP and demanded its removal.

It's a copy and paste of the question I wrote here, but I still stand by the question,
just in case anybody else here wants to chime in.
AGTRigorMortis
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

lizking10152011
11/14/2021 5:35 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Artist
I get the reason why you want this, as I do too. I know Minecraft Marketplace Content Creators can have their content stuck to a certain version of the game where an older version is simulated if you will. It can come with some weird bugs however, like flying boats. IBXToyCat revealed a bit on that.

I am personally frustrated with some of the bugs and nerfs that have come with later versions of 1.16 and 1.17, such as the removal of glowstone dust and the Netherite Hoe from Piglin Bartering, Drowned being nerfed in 1.17 to drop Copper Ingots instead of Gold (Which I created a workaround for) and the bug in 1.17 where mobs don't take damage from sweet berry bushes (rendering them useless for anti-mob defense), MCPE-140012 . Also I kind of disagree with Deepslate Emerald Ore being a 1.17 exclusive in terms of survival availability (Meaning it will not generate in 1.18 forward, and you will have to use Creative Mode or a Third Party Tool to obtain it if your world doesn't have 1.17 mountains generated in it.)

So being able to lock a world to a certain version (Since the Minecraft Marketplace has proven it is infact possible via simulation), or even revisit an older version (I state this due to 1.18 changing how world generation works) without a third party tool would be fantastic and is a great idea, and should be on parity with Java by being available to all (Not just the Minecraft Marketplace Content Creators and Developers) as options. We shouldn't have to buy a map off the marketplace that is simulating an older version of the game just for that and be stuck to achievements disabled. The new Minecraft launcher is able to launch Java Edition, Bedrock Edition, and Dungeons all right from one place, so implementing Parity shouldn't be too difficult.

Officially, there is the Minecraft Feedback Page to recommend this if it already has not been recommended. Alternatively, you can attempt to talk to one of the developers from Mojang on Twitter, but it's best to see who will be more inclined to talk versus those who won't. From my experience, Dinnerbone and Jappa are the most inclined to reply, whereas Jeb and Maria Lemon are the least inclined to. The others fall inbetween.
AGTRigorMortis
11/15/2021 7:47 am
That's exactly what frustrates some people, we are forced to put up with these updates, without compromise, and I don't consider mods or resorting to cheating a valid compromise here. Especially since Java users get to play older versions of vanilla Minecraft, but bedrock edition players can't do these things, so how exactly is this fair? and seeing as worlds created on bedrock edition are incompatible with Java that makes matters much worse, even the unofficial app MCToolChest isn't perfect as you saw what happened to my creative world when I converted it.

So essentially what Mojang are doing is griefing our worlds, since any nerf (excluding those that involved duplication exploits, or stuff like the enchanted golden apple crafting recipe) that happens has the potential to completely ruin our experience. As for people who are asking for those nerfs to happen, I very rarely see them advocate something along the lines of alternate game modes, so they're just as much responsible for this mess as Mojang are in my opinion. They don't seem to even care just how much it can impact people who do large and complicated builds, even those with redstone. So I do believe your claim that much of these nerfs are coming from the PVP community, it definitely makes sense in the case of the enchanted golden apple recipe, although the Notch apple was basically an invincibility mode, that made you immune to most hazards in the game so I see why that was nerfed, however Jeb went too far with these kinds of nerfs and even screwed with gold farms, in addition to ruining the ore distribution in Caves and Cliffs update. I really hope the Official Launcher system in Bedrock edition will enable locking Minecraft versions in future, same with the bedrock dedicated server software, if it doesn't, then some people are definitely going to lose interest in this game.
lizking10152011
11/15/2021 12:29 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Artist
From what I understand the Netherite Hoe was removed from Piglin Bartering due to a good handful of People from the PvP community stating to Jeb that the Netherite Hoe was essentially an Iron Sword with extra durability and hence should be removed from bartering due to that reason. I mean if Netherite Hoes are available as weapons in PvP, I have questions in itself, and if players were actually bartering during PvP and getting them, then I have even more questions.

Naturally the Notch Apple or Enchanted Golden Apple was OP, and the input from the PvP community on that to Jeb for the recipe to be removed was understandable, but the Netherite Hoe to remove it from Piglin Bartering, I'm not so sure. I also feel the change of the Drowned drops for Gold Ingots to be changed to Copper doesn't make much sense, especially when looking at the Ocean Monument, which consists of Prismarine variants, Sponge, and Gold Blocks. Drowned dropping Gold made sense in a way due to this.

And some people can argue to make a Gold Farm in the Nether, but Bedrock Edition doesn't have the freedom Java Edition has with expanded range and duration Zombified Piglin Aggro radius and the ability to build ontop of the Nether Roof, so the Youtube Tutorials don't work, you have to get creative and experiment to get a good one. Trident Killers are technically a bug in itself, so I stay away from that. Thankfully to counterbalance this nerf as I have shown you privately, I figured out a fun workaround in the Nether using the limited Bedrock Mechanics to make it work anyways in vanilla without bugs or exploits so it isn't all bad for the given scenario.
AGTRigorMortis
11/15/2021 12:42 pm
The correct way to handle that is as I said before, just nerf the attack damage of the Hoe, seeing as it was never intended to be a weapon, problem solved. But no, instead Jeb makes a completely nonsensical decision of removing the Netherite Hoe from the bartering system. That action, among other things, shows that he sucks as a game developer, so I am not even going to bother asking Mojang to reverse that decision. I mean, if he is going to troll his fanbase like that, would he ever listen to you? even before the Nether update, though, the game was on a path to destruction, the last good update in my opinion was the Aquatic one, because it added Tridents and their enchantments, Drowned Zombies and an efficient way to get gold in the Overworld.

With the Notch apple crafting recipe removed, this system wasn't as broken, and you still had to put yourself at risk to get the gold.
But with 1.17 messing up gold farms, even though Drowned Zombies had to be manually killed for their valuable drops, and the ore distribution also screwed up, it means powered rails are even less practical than they were before, and because the mine cart with furnace doesn't exist in bedrock edition, you can't make convenient railroad transportation that way either.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome