Minecraft is SO Sexist!!!

gamegirl22's Avatar gamegirl2211/10/12 3:25 am
1 emeralds 1.2k 35
11/10/2012 8:14 am
Zeranny's Avatar Zeranny
Omg I have been on many servers and almost all of them are a bunch of immature guys who are really sexist. I want to know if you think minecraft is sexist or not.
gamegirl22
Level 21 : Expert Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Zeranny
11/10/2012 8:14 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
Welcome to the internet.
roxi attack
11/10/2012 6:20 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
i think it depends on what you class as sexism .most the time on servers like the survivalgames e.c.t i get treated like a boy but that doesnt bother me because im a tomboy but i can see how it might upset some girls.if it really annoys you go around treating them like they treat you e.g if they look after you implementing you aren't good enough to look after yourself then go around looking after them like that.
jedalot
11/10/2012 6:06 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Ranger
Minecraft it self is not sexist it is the players there are many severs that don't have people like that on there I know one
Clue
11/10/2012 5:59 am
Level 35 : Artisan Dragon
-LollyLozy-
gamegirl22Omg I have been on many servers and almost all of them are a bunch of immature guys who are really sexist. I want to know if you think minecraft is sexist or not.

Its on nearly every server.
I was just walking around and somebody said to me:
'Are you a girl, cause boys normally play here'
I was really angry.

AND YES, I AM A GIRL, NOT A BOY, A GIRL.

If you believe that to be sexism, your sense of judgement is flawed.
That is purely just an observation based on the demographics of the server, which just happened to be frequented by males more often then females. To declare it sexism is blatant ignorance.
Exurbia
11/10/2012 5:46 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Elf
_nimbus
Exurbia There are a couple who can be quite pleasant to females.

Even then, you need to know when to draw the line. I don't usually register the gender of the player I'm talking to unless it's obvious, as I don't really see the point. I try to be nice to everyone, but sometimes people take offence and I really don't know what to say.

Yeah. That is why I think people should just be nice to everyone on multiplayer. No matter what their gender is.
Hollask
11/10/2012 5:42 am
Level 29 : Expert Princess
I agree with the people saying that there are many sexist players, but that thr game itself isn't sexist. Don't group us all together though. We aren't all immature, sexist players.
_nimbus
11/10/2012 5:33 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
Exurbia There are a couple who can be quite pleasant to females.

Even then, you need to know when to draw the line. I don't usually register the gender of the player I'm talking to unless it's obvious, as I don't really see the point. I try to be nice to everyone, but sometimes people take offence and I really don't know what to say.
ProGamingCrew
11/10/2012 5:29 am
Level 45 : Master Pixel Painter
@Exurbia u are a girl i think. Hey im 16 and i was never rude or even sexist to a girld. I reLly like girls on server. I had a server and the girls was really famous. @Gamergirl Search for servers with marriage plugin and all are kind to u i have experience.
Exurbia
11/10/2012 5:32 am
Well, like I said. Not all players are like that. There are a couple who can be quite pleasant to females.
Exurbia
11/10/2012 5:25 am
It really depends on the age of the players. Most people on multiplayer are either little kids or immature teenagers. Now, not everyone on mulitplayer is like that, I'm just saying most are. That is why I don't like multiplayer. All of the sexist and rude players. Not to mention the ones who always hit on you...
Sedyte
11/10/2012 5:20 am
Level 23 : Expert Toast
They can make jokes ofcourse, but they should know when they are crossing the line
ProGamingCrew
11/10/2012 5:18 am
Whs not open a girl server. Ik a goos website www.nitrado.net no ad its really asweome and have a super interface
_nimbus
11/10/2012 5:14 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
gamegirl22 everything else is enderMEN ZombiepigMEN and the villagers are all men (and they have babies...HOW DO THEY HAVE BABIES?!?)

"Men" often refers to people in general. Like in the Bible, "peace on Earth to men" and whatnot. That's not being sexist. And the villagers... that's why my texture pack will have female villagers.

gamegirl22 And you know what minecraft is racist the endermen are tall black creatures that steel,hate water,live in a world with tall project looking structures! and the same update they were added so where chicken and watermelons! I think your on to something. minecraft is sexist racist and out to fill our harts with hate! but if you mean online male players are sexist then thats life get over it and get back in the kitchen i put a bed next to the furnace for you

WTF? Look, TALL BLACK HUMANOIDS WITH PURPLE GLOWING EYES. How the heck is that related to racism? They're supposed to look like stereotypical aliens! If you think aliens are racist, blame the authors who came up with them. And what do you mean, they steal? Their block-moving ability is not necessarily stealing. They're just skilled landscapers, that's all. Plus, do you want a new update JUST for the endermen? There was no point in Mojang making an extra client update, deleting the work they've already done with melons and chickens and publishing it separately. It would waste time.

So no. I daresay it's a bit of a long shot, relating Endermen to African Americans like that.
Now don't blame me for racism, I think it's stupid, evil and unjust that people are judged by their ethnicity!

I do see your point though, but the last thing that Mojang want to do is make a discriminating game. Even if something looks like racism/sexism, please ignore it as it's really not!

Sexism on servers is another thing. It's evidently a big problem and it doesn't really have a base anywhere so I don't see what the point in it is. But it's also illegal, so why doesn't the Government do something about it? A lot of crimes happen via Minecraft and not many people notice them. So yeah, down with discrimination!
sommmen
11/10/2012 5:11 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
gamegirl22Omg I have been on many servers and almost all of them are a bunch of immature guys who are really sexist. I want to know if you think minecraft is sexist or not.

-.- really? are you serious?
Epileptictechno
11/10/2012 4:58 am
Level 26 : Expert Cake
37.59.74.240:25565 It's not done yet, but I dont allow any sexism.
MarzipanCraft
11/10/2012 4:52 am
Level 30 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
I'd go on EnderX, it's a great small server and although there aren't many players there is no sexism, there are girls on there and although there are more males there are still alot of females on the server, pm me for the ip.
Ultimatelol01
11/10/2012 4:42 am
Level 1 : New Warrior
Yeah, i dont think its Minecraft that is sexist. Its targeted for males and females of any age group, and anyway, its not the servers either, its the people that go on the servers that can prove to be sexist.
Spiritofcarpets
11/10/2012 4:32 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
minecraft isnt sexist its a fun game aimed at everyone! (trollface.jpeg)
gogocp
11/10/2012 4:38 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Nerd
Igorgames
11/10/2012 4:24 am
Level 46 : Master Artist
Minecraft is not sexist if there was a broom only players with female skins could use then maybe ....well now that i think of it the only female mob is a witch! everything else is enderMEN ZombiepigMEN and the villagers are all men (and they have babies...HOW DO THEY HAVE BABIES?!?) And you know what minecraft is racist the endermen are tall black creatures that steel,hate water,live in a world with tall project looking structures! and the same update they were added so where chicken and watermelons! I think your on to something. minecraft is sexist racist and out to fill our harts with hate! but if you mean online male players are sexist then thats life get over it and get back in the kitchen i put a bed next to the furnace for you
Phantomic
11/10/2012 4:15 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Mage
Read this [Yes Notch wrote it]:
Gender in Minecraft
[Keep in mind I am no longer the lead developer on Minecraft, Jens is. This post is about what I thought about back when I was making it]

If it wasn’t for the fact that the default Minecraft character is referred to as “Minecraft Guy” and that I once jokingly answered “Steve?” when asked what his* name was, Minecraft would be a game where gender isn’t a gameplay element.

The human model is intended to represent a Human Being. Not a male Human Being or a female Human Being, but simply a Human Being. The blocky shape gives it a bit of a traditional masculine look, but adding a separate female mesh would just make it worse by having one specific model for female Human Beings and male ones. That would force players to make a decisions about gender in a game where gender doesn’t even exist.

All the other mobs in the game are genderless and usually exhibit the most prominent traits of both genders. Cows have horns and udders (even if I’ve later learned that there are some cows where the females do have horns), and the chicken/duck/whatevers have heads that look like roosters, but still lay eggs. For breeding, any animal can breed with any other animal of the same species.

Obviously, I’m not saying this is a good way to deal with gender in all games, as the better your graphics are, and because of how quickly the human mind tries to identify the gender of other humans, you are going to have to make a decision as a developer about gender, but I felt we could get away with it in Minecraft.

There’s no point to this post. I just wanted to clarify, so there’s an official word on it.

Also, as a fun side fact, it means every character and animal in Minecraft is homosexual because there’s only one gender to choose from. Take THAT, homophobes!

* I do regret using masculine terms to talk about the default character. These days I try to use the up-and-coming use of “they” as a genderless pronoun.

Source: notch.tumblr.com
Czlowiek Widmo
11/10/2012 4:11 am
Level 36 : Artisan Farmer
The fact that the default skin is a guy (Steve) doesn't mean the game itself is sexist. Look at all the other games. Some have male chars, some have female ones.

As for the behaviour of people on minecraft servers, it's just how majority of teenage boys act. It doesn't always mean they really are sexist but you know, on the internet some people become horrible, unlike the way they are in real.
World created by the media is a bit of sexist nowadays, so i'd blame that rather than this awesome game

I used to run a successful server in which one of the MAIN rules were: no to sexism, racism, or discrimination based on any reason. And it was a really important rule, you could get easily banned for that. Few examples given made it so that when a new player started breaking those rules, older players were scolding at him themselves when i wasn't around, telling him the consequences
ElementalAndroid
11/10/2012 4:03 am
Level 38 : Artisan Robot
Ha ha!
Yeah sexism is kinda unfair.
That's why I put no sexism in my server.
SaiHitaku
11/10/2012 4:01 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
I don't think Minecraft is sexist, but a lot of the players are, i do hate the fact the default skin is male and there is no female player models but us girls just gotta stick together ya know? as mean as a lot of these players can be, there are also good people. All in all i don't think the game is sexist but it should support females. The player community however, may it be better than most gaming community's, its not perfect. It could use improvement for sure, but for the time being you just gotta find a nice server, it helps where there are other girls like us together.
Bianca
11/10/2012 3:56 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Caveman
Yes, some people can be very sexist on muiltiplayer but it has nothing to do with the game it's just some people that play it.
11/10/2012 3:53 am
Level 22 : Expert Artist

Its on nearly every server.
I was just walking around and somebody said to me:
'Are you a girl, cause boys normally play here'
I was really angry.

AND YES, I AM A GIRL, NOT A BOY, A GIRL.
ARREXP
11/10/2012 3:47 am
Level 47 : Master Wizard
look, gaming is a genre of entertainment that has a main demographic...which just happens to be boys/males. 9 year olds are immature and (occasionally) stupid (and probably don't understand sexism anyway).
bobos10
11/10/2012 3:51 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
Mate im 10 and i understand sexism and think its unfair. I`m making a server for any gender and if people r sexist they r banned!
ARREXP
11/10/2012 3:57 am
Level 47 : Master Wizard
thats great! - (i wasn't talking to the majority of young players anyway, just the ones that are immature)
l_Pro_Assassin
11/10/2012 3:38 am
Level 44 : Master Enderdragon
It is not Minecraft, it is just the servers you play on and the people you play with. How are they sexist anyway? What do they do?
Paril
11/10/2012 3:37 am
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
The game isn't sexist. The game was not designed with gender in mind; the main character, as well as all of the mobs, are gender-neutral.

The people who frequent those servers, however, probably are. I wouldn't blame the game for that though.
micdoodle8
11/10/2012 3:36 am
Level 87 : Elite Programmer
It's not minecraft that's sexist, it's the game's appeal to 11 year old boys.

Just look for a server with very strict chat rules.
ProGamingCrew
11/10/2012 3:34 am
I will open one soon without sexist guys
gamegirl22
11/10/2012 3:32 am
Level 21 : Expert Architect
Anyone know any NON-Sexist servers?
Chuck10931
11/10/2012 3:30 am
Level 30 : Artisan Button Pusher
It really depends on the server and the people that play on those servers.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome