Minecraft: the Card Game (Yup!)

MCSpaceRace's Avatar MCSpaceRace10/27/14 2:12 am
1 emeralds 543 9
11/9/2014 8:35 pm
Punkamoar's Avatar Punkamoar
I have read through many previous attempts at creating a playable card game of Minecraft and how each has failed to come to fruition. Many will say:

You cannot make a card game out of Minecraft!
There are not enough things in Minecraft to make a game out of.
A card game of Minecraft just wouldn't make sense!
Many have tried, why are you different?

There are actually quite a number of Minecraft cards which were surprisingly useful in a deck building game. So many, in fact, that I have had to remove many from my first go around and decide to use those for an expansion.

No one has really attempted to create a rule set that was unique. All others have either cloned existing games, created completely complex rules which make their version unplayable or created cheesy fan art on a template and called it a game. I have 20+ years of gaming behind me and I have created rules variations for a great number of pen and paper RPG games as well as conceptualized many games in the past.

My main difference is that I have come up with a very distinct ruleset for Minecraft: Card Game and am actively playtesting. Check out http://www.minecraftcardgame.com for my developer diary, sneak peeks into card development and of course the latest details.

I am hopeful to launch a Kickstarter as a community driven project and then hope to show it is a very marketable game with ambitions to hopefully get a license to publish the game commercially.

Thanks for reading!
MCSpaceRace
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer