Mob Killing Tips

GLoB1N's Avatar GLoB1N3/5/11 5:07 pm
3/6/2011 1:11 pm
kacboy's Avatar kacboy
Hey there, when i started MineCraft i had ALOT of problems with the hostile mobs. So i'm just going to give you some tips on how to defeat them in a much easier way so you dont have to go through the trouble i had to go through.

Zombie Pigmen - You dont really have to worry about these unless you provoke them. If you hit 1 the others will jump in and try to help there friend. The best thing to do here is just hit them and move back a little then repeat the process until they are dead.

Spiders - Spiders are much like zombie pigmen in the sunlight, they will not attack unless they are provoked, In the night time they will come after you if they spot you, provoked or not. The easiest way to defeat them is by digging 3 blocks down and luring the spider over to it when your in the hole, the spider will be to big to get in so you can keep hitting it until its dead. If you dont have enough time to dig a hole then just do the same with most mobs, run forward at them *slash* then move back, but its quite tricky to do that with the spiders seen as they lunge themselves towards you.

Skeletons - In my opinion the skeleton is the most annoying mob in the game. Skeletons fire projectiles at you (arrows) at medium range. The best thing to do is get it trapped behind a wall or in a hole, they may still be able to hit you but rarely. Once there trapped just keep running up to them and hitting them then move back before they get a chance to fire. If your getting chased by a skeleton and any other mob what you can do is make the zombie, spider, other skeleton or whatever it is chasing you get in the way of the skeleton so that it hits the other mob instead of you it will completely ignore you and then they will start fighting with eachother. That gives you the chance to run away or attack one of them.

Zombies - Not really a threat in this game unless your cornered by more than 2. The easiest way to kill them is by simply running forward, attacking, stepping back then repeating.

Creepers - Creeperssssss..... I take that back. THESE are the most annoying things on MineCraft. To deal with these you can either trap them in a hole 3 blocks deep and hit them from above, hit them run back and repeat the process or use a bow and a stack of arrows. Also if these are struck by a skeleton they will drop a music disc! . Creeperssssssss also explode (most of you already know that) so try to stay as far as you can away from it when it starts hissing.

Ghasts - I'm not quite sure about these seen as i dont go to the Nether alot. Ghasts are like floating white jellyfish, they spit fire balls at you and will explode when they hit the ground. Seen as these things fly they are quite tricky to kill so just dodging them should do. But if you really want to kill one you can hit their projectiles back them (you can do this with the skeleton aswell) , you can lure them in with a fishing rod and kill them with your sword if your the close combat type. And you can use a bow and some arrows to hit them aswell....

Spider Jockeys - Ive never ran into these things and i dont think i want to. So there is not much to explain here.

For more info go here - http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Mobs

Hope this helped! Happy gaming!
GLoB1N
Level 39 : Artisan Hunter