I need Ideas for my Pixelmon server

AustinTheSpartan's Avatar AustinTheSpartan8/26/13 6:51 pm
1 emeralds 6.4k 25
10/19/2015 8:32 pm
eternalsmiley's Avatar eternalsmiley
As far as I know, I want Factions so you can claim your land but have no pvp, I want a small store for TMs, Held Items, and medicinal items, For the gyms I want the rules to be just like the Gameboy and DS games and not have crappy gym leaders that make up their own rules...... and I have run out of ideas for plugins so tell me some and I'll tell you if I like it or not.
Also if you ask for staff you will not get it. If I want you as staff I'll ask you but for now I have my staff.
and no we don't have an IP yet
AustinTheSpartan
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

eternalsmiley
10/19/2015 8:32 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
I can help ya with ram numbers!
I dabbbled in making a pixelmon server with a friend and we were building on it for 3 months...16 towns...elite four building plus personal elite four battle areans (since i was gonna be ghost/dark i had a haunted hosue with a maze below it and stuff)

however since he wants to join the military he shut the server down.
so now im on my own begining again. we were using nodecraft and it worked out awesome

but now im using server.pro instead of it being a charge directly to your bank card it charges your server.pro accoutn for credits...100 credits=10 bucks so you buy credits whenever you want and it charges it monthly . Also makes it easier if a friend is helping you pay for the server since they don't need to pay you, they can donate credits to the server via the server page as well.

anywho...

Pixemons recommended ram is 2gb
so 4gb is a safe minimum if you plan on doing more than just the one mod but 4gb is also a safe bet once you go public with the server since 2gb recommended is just for you or you and a couple of friends. However with the amoutn of players you will get in the first 3 months 4gb is better then you can upgrade it as you get donations and as the playerbase gets higher and higher.
but 2gb is recommended base to use pixelmon mod on a developing server.

i myself have 2gb of ram for my server however i have about 18 or so mods non-pixelmon and thats just for building the server. once i finish it or 'complete' it as you said in earlier yourself, i will add the necessary ram to install pixelmon and finish it off with the healing units etc. for my server i will probably need 6gb/8gb to run it with 40 players including the 18 mods i already have.

i use those mods because im making main cities then having towns and i want to be as creative as possible so i installed stuff such as bibilocraft, railbridges, and green screen mods sionce iwant mine to be different as possible from the current servers out there. i hate it when i copy existing stuff.

good luck with your server! I hope you gain many players

so all in all:

2gb ram minimum to run pixelmon mod

4gb ram total for smooth running of server with mod, and say 15 players. dependong on how big you build stuff could affect ram/player count and when or how much you'd need to upgrade from the 2gb to run the server at the begining.
AustinTheSpartan
09/08/2013 12:39 pm
UPDATE:
We have someone hosting the server now and I'm happy to say that the building is going smoothly (: It should be ready soon but we're still getting plugins for Wraps and Shops and things like that. We have staff set up and Donations will be set up soon so expect the server sometime this month! VVV This Banner is Getting updated soon with the IP VVV
xHusky
08/28/2013 8:18 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
I got my hosting from CraftHosting
xHusky
08/28/2013 8:17 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Well here are a few ideas that I have for a good server
-Please dont have too much staff...:
2 Owners (Or 1 Owner and 1 Co Owner)
2 Admins
2 Mods
-Did Gyms have rules? From what I remember I would be as high as possible in level but below the limit from where a pokemon wont listen.
-Could you maybe add parkour to the towns so you can win certain pokeballs and rare candy? Or even so it spawns a specific pokemon?
I dont know how much ram should go to the server sorry
Which region are you going to be doing or are you going to do a custom thing and maybe put in custom npcs so there can be quests?
AustinTheSpartan
08/26/2013 9:46 pm
So is that it for the ideas?
AustinTheSpartan
08/26/2013 8:57 pm
Who trusts MCProHOST (Yes I mean MCProHOST not HOSTING: http://mcprohost.com/minecraft.html <----- Who trusts these guys?)
TheMCBros99
08/26/2013 8:47 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Pixel Painter
Miraclehosting.org is cheap...

2-4gb is good
AustinTheSpartan
08/26/2013 8:42 pm
Still trying to find out how much Ram should be put into my server. Within a reasonable price of course
SpotifyIsCoolYouKnow
08/26/2013 8:30 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Engineer
Lol
DemunCorp
08/26/2013 8:26 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Toast
Make some pokemon stadiums?
AustinTheSpartan
08/26/2013 8:33 pm
I kinda like that idea
Austin_Craft_
08/26/2013 8:23 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragon
I could build and admin/mod on your server.
PM me if you're interested.
AustinTheSpartan
08/26/2013 8:32 pm
No.
Austin_Craft_
08/26/2013 8:34 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragon
*cries*

You've lost one faithful player, my friend.

just kidding I'll still play on it.
Probably.
AustinTheSpartan
08/26/2013 8:20 pm
zalebcalebAlso, beastnode is shite.
Pick someone with better service.

I reccomend daddycheese

No thanks I'm going to use what I trust. Either Beastnode or MCProHosting
AustinTheSpartan
08/26/2013 8:18 pm
What would be a good amount of Ram for my server?
zalebcaleb
08/26/2013 8:12 pm
Level 44 : Master Droid
Also, beastnode is bad
Pick someone with better service.

I reccomend daddycheese
zalebcaleb
08/26/2013 8:12 pm
Level 44 : Master Droid
I don't believe forge works on bukkit.
TheGreenGamerHD
08/26/2013 8:06 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
I wouldn't waste my money on MCProHosting.
I would go for a more professional company like beastnode!
Sounds good aswell!
Make sure to get the default port and a domain!
Good luck!
AustinTheSpartan
08/26/2013 8:08 pm
I'll check out the prices and thanks I'll look into those
MineShark11
08/26/2013 7:55 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Cake
is this a real server? if so may I have the IP over a personal message?
AustinTheSpartan
08/26/2013 8:03 pm
We're still planning out the server and stuff like actually purchasing a server from Craftnode or MCProHosting. In the mean time try dishing out some ideas!
AustinTheSpartan
08/26/2013 7:53 pm
I should also start thinking of ideas for the spawn area... I'm thinking something along the lines of Red's bedroom where he started when you turn on a Gen 1 Pokemon game
SkinSkyrim
08/26/2013 6:53 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Network
I love the ideas so far but may i suggest adding in towns? they dont need to be HUGE but like its a pokemon game also whats the ip of the server i love pixelmon
AustinTheSpartan
08/26/2013 7:43 pm
Server is still in the planning stage ATM but I plan on releasing the ip when I feel that the server is "complete". Towns are planned (Well they're planned now c; ) if we can find a way to make a sort of rough layout for a pokemon themed town to spawn around the Pokemon centers then I think i'd add that.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome