New Minecraft Idea ~ Put the Craft into Minecraft

bloxxer's Avatar bloxxer7/6/13 10:15 am
1 emeralds 155 2
7/16/2013 7:11 am
bloxxer's Avatar bloxxer
Hello fellow Minecraftians! I have had an idea that I would like to share with you!

Notice how Minecraft just isn't Minecraft anymore? More useless stuff like bats and whatnot? The Nostalgic past is more fun to play then the latest version, am I right?

But this little idea would bring the craft back into Minecraft! It is having something much like item quality and player skill.

How this would work is you would collect materials like stone that would end up having different 'quality'. Higher quality is rarer and comes in smaller clumps that lower quality material.

This quality would affect a tools/weapons/armors stats. Like more durability, collection speed, protection damage.

The player skill would affect how much stuff you get from crafting and how good tools/weapons/armors are too. More crafting a certain item will make you craft more/better of that particular item.

This would end up something like this; a wooden pick crafted with the best material and highest skill would be better than a stone pick crafted with the worst material and skill.

This idea would also prevent x-rayers from easily getting powerful items when they have to find good quality and have high skill in crafting that diamond sword for it to be any good.

You might also have noticed a problem; "What happens if I craft my diamond hoe with different quality diamonds?", the answer is this little proverb; "A chain is as strong as its weakest link,"

This would make people want to craft more stuff, mine more, and have that Obsidian sword they have always wanted! (Diamond sword with the best diamonds and max skills.)

This could also apply to enchanting to, taming, and similar stuff.

In the end, people will also start making shops to craft stuff fore you for their high skills!

Post some comments on what you think about this!
bloxxer
Level 26 : Expert Creeper Hugger