Petition

VertigoRebound's Avatar VertigoRebound5/4/13 6:13 am
5/21/2013 8:22 am
mommaCarole's Avatar mommaCarole
This is a petition to be able to change (at least once every six months) your name in Minecraft!

Why?
The thing about my name on minecraft is that it's called frillhouse12 which I made 2 years ago. My youtube is called VertigoRebound and i'm a bit frustrated by people saying 'Frill' whenever I'm doing a let's play with someone. Lot's of people will know what I mean by that, it's really annoying.

How many people are needed?
Well, if I get at least 1,000-5,000 I will send this page to Jeb and let him know what the minecraft community wants! (I'm being very optimistic here)

What do I need to do?
What you need to do is just write "CHANGE" with your name in the post section.

Thank you for reading this and taking your time to comment! (That's if you have )
Your pal
Rebound.
VertigoRebound
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

MadOliveGaming
05/21/2013 7:54 am
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
yeah, it probably only changes the name you use to login with and what people see, but if you get banned it is on the origianal name, whcih mc will remember even if you change your name a bilion times.
mommaCarole
05/21/2013 8:22 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
exactly, that's why Mojang is asking people to migrate their MC accounts to Mojang accounts, where you log in with your email address. (Not to mention the simple fact that it is much more secure to log in with your email than your username, much more difficult for random users to steal it.)
P197
05/04/2013 7:11 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
I think that changing names would be a problem for servers. One day "cooldude11111" (If that hapens to be your name, I came up with a name a 11 year old would make) is banned from the server "CoolCraft" (Again, I made the name). "Cooldude11111" changes his name to "kooldude1111", and gets on CoolCraft.

Also, whitelists.would have problems. Cooldude11111 was whitelisted to "WhitelistedTekkit". When he changed his name, he couldn't get on "WhitelistedTekkit". As far as.my knowlage, there is no server called "WhitelistedTekkit".
MrJohnson5
05/04/2013 7:33 am
Level 43 : Master Modder
Im guessing, that if this "Name changing" were to happen, You would have 2 Usernames, one would be your login Username and your second would be your in-game username. So say that you were banned, and you change your username, you would still have the same username, but with a different in-game name, so you cant bypass the ban!
P197
05/21/2013 7:48 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
Well...
Good point...
quitefrank_ly
05/04/2013 7:19 am
Level 29 : Expert Chef
It would probably require a mojang account, and will be linked to that, so if someone changes his/her name, it checks mojang.com and sends back the data it needs.

That would seem a logical option, which could work for whitelist, bans etc.
VertigoRebound
05/04/2013 7:01 am
Ah cheers
quitefrank_ly
05/04/2013 6:54 am
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Upcoming_features

Scroll down to upcoming features in the table, its bolded:

• Not a game update (will not modify the game itself and will be applied regardless of the version you're playing).
  • The possibility to change your username and the e-mail address that is associated with your account will be added.
  • Global Mojang accounts are already available and can be merged with Minecraft, Scrolls and Cobalt accounts.
  • Logging into Mojang games is made by using your e-mail address instead of your username.
  • Possible implementation of the long-awaited online synchronization of achievements and statistics.
  • In-game usernames will be changeable, but all usernames on Minecraft accounts have to be unique (doesn't matter if it's a legacy Minecraft account or a Mojang Account).
  • It is unknown how the username change feature will be adapted to server whitelists and blacklists.
05/04/2013 6:42 am
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
VertigoRebound
05/04/2013 6:50 am
Source?
quitefrank_ly
05/04/2013 6:32 am
Only bump once per 24 hours after initial reply, thanks.
VertigoRebound
05/04/2013 6:28 am
Bump
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome