Possible Render Error? (SMP)

charliecarlo's Avatar charliecarlo3/19/11 1:31 pm
1 emeralds 203 5
3/19/2011 2:32 pm
bobsajit's Avatar bobsajit
Okay, so I have a personal server with my friend and my brother. My brother just played on the server for the first time today, and me and Zach most definitely did not do this.

I decided to explore further away from the spawn point than we've so far developed, and came across this weird... sand... forest?

After a good ten minutes of all three of us standing around looking at it in awe, I was trying to figure out what the hell it was.
Found nothing similar on Google, and the Known Bugs page on the Minecraft wiki has nothing like this in it, mostly just item errors.

What bothers me is that is seems natural, but artificial at the same time.
Perhaps it's a rendering error with biomes in SMP?
charliecarlo
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Alien

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/19/2011 2:32 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Engineer
bobsajit
I want a petrified forest! =(
03/19/2011 2:07 pm
charliecarlo
This.

This is true.
03/19/2011 1:57 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard
Zaralith
Either way, it looks really cool.
03/19/2011 1:55 pm
charliecarlo
Thanks for being of absolutely no help.

The server's white-listed, and my friend swears up and down he didn't make this, so the only explanation is it's some sort of error with biomes, or he's lying.

Or some sort of script Notch threw in to show up at extremely rare occasions just to fuck with people.
03/19/2011 1:42 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard
Zaralith
Obviously it was left by aliens that will come back and they will be the giant bad thing in the MC storyline. You stumbled across the endgame from the future! (Please note this is all wild speculation and none of it is true)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome