Role Playing Assistance

LordTyranid's Avatar LordTyranid9/7/14 1:34 am
9/11/2014 9:11 pm
LordTyranid's Avatar LordTyranid
Hello, I am currently working on a role playing game and I am in need of assistance. I am wondering if anyone had any good ideas on what the RPG could be about for example the back round/plot as I am out of ideas. For anyone who helps, they will have their Planet Minecraft names posted in the acknowledgements at the end of the RPG.

Cheers to anyone who assists
LordTyranid
Level 6 : Apprentice Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

LordTyranid
09/11/2014 9:11 pm
Ok thankyou all for your suggestions as I am now getting together the story-line and characters.
Rain1303
09/11/2014 8:13 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Artist
I think a futuristic rpg would be really fun or maybe one where you are spy trying to complete a mission. Ps: I would be interested in helping you create this rpg if you like.
LordTyranid
09/07/2014 2:15 am
Nice idea FlyingBeavers, I was a fan of the book series as well but didn't manage to finish them. I'll see if I can try something like that.
FlyingBeavers
09/07/2014 2:12 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
No dude. Try an Artemis Fowl theme. That mixes magic with crime and fairy tales. It is very interesting! I love the series. And it would be really easy to make. And its original. Nobody has done it. I can help with it saying I am a huge fan of the series and know how most of the stuff in the movie looks like. Please respond
AkirAssasin
09/07/2014 3:06 am
Level 34 : Artisan Ninja
Don't forget high-tech weapons and smartasses
LordTyranid
09/07/2014 2:10 am
Thankyou very much for your help and I will definentally take note of what you said. This RPG will mainly be a story-driven RPG rather than an action-driven RPG but there will still be an amount of action in it.
Noxyoursox
09/07/2014 2:05 am
Level 34 : Artisan Spider Rider
Depends on whether it's a story-driven RPG or action-driven. For story driven, a good set of characters will lead to a story naturally when you think about how they would interact. In an "empty" world, having good characters is even more important--they may be absent, but the clues about their past they leave behind will help build the story. In a world where the characters are still there (villagers, customNPCs, etc.) think about what kind of life they live--what do they need, what do they aspire to, how do their wants and needs conflict with those of others. Intrigue on any level is a lot of fun (but hard to to), other common themes are invasion, disease, a magic spell or curse with widespread effects, and so on. The player's goal may be to resolve a conflict, or it may simply be to unwravel a great mystery.
LordTyranid
09/07/2014 2:00 am
ok thankyou for your suggestions
Tumblr_Cat
09/07/2014 1:57 am
Level 20 : Expert Toast
the apocalypse is good but i'd go for something more original, try an alien invasion or maybe some "spy" style stuff!
LordTyranid
09/07/2014 1:54 am
Ooh, apocalypse sounds nice, I could try using the idea of apocalypse.

By the way if anyone wants to get an acknowledgement at the end of the RPG and wants to help me out quite majorly then please private message me and I'll discuss the RPG and what I'm planning.
AkirAssasin
09/07/2014 1:49 am
Level 34 : Artisan Ninja
Apocalypse. They always work hahahahah whether nuclear or solar or zombies
LordTyranid
09/07/2014 1:45 am
What I am going for is a rich story with a form of choose your own adventure style.
Rain1303
09/07/2014 1:37 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Artist
is there a specific genre u want?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome