[POLL] Should users of cracked MC be part of our community?

meymazda's Avatar meymazda10/17/13 11:05 am
10/17/2013 9:11 pm
AFTGOG's Avatar AFTGOG
[This is probably a controversial thread; Do not flame or it will be locked]

Do you think that people who used cracked Minecraft clients [and do not own the actual game] should be a part of our community? Do not flame, just select an option in the poll and explain why.

I am personally undecided about this but it seems others have different opinions. Express them here!
meymazda
Level 17 : Journeyman Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/17/2013 9:11 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
AFTGOG
I do not think cracked members should be a part of PMC. Now, let me give some background to this. I played using a cracked client for quite some time, about a year on and off. For two reasons I did this, one because I was a broke boy, and two because I was deciding whether I wanted to spend money on the game.Recently, about three months ago, I bought MineCraft, and have THOUROUGHLY enjoyed having a fully supported, unrestricted, legal copy of the game, more satisfaction than I had ever gotten from cracked. I did not join PMC until I had bought it, BUT I did learn a lot about the game from the forums. regardless, I do not think that those who use the game illegally should be allowed into communities like this.
10/17/2013 7:05 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
Nakudan
Alright here's my opinion

Cracked Minecrafters are Minecrafters too you know and saying that Cracked Minecrafters shouldn't be allowed in our community is like repeating some of Americas history before Martin Luther King Jr. where although the blacks were free white people still used to treat them as slaves and treat them unfairly. Now if we were to repeat that except with cracked Minecrafters there would be an extreme lack in creativity and/or the cracked Minecrafters would create a new community twice as popular as PMC and you know why? Because the entire PMC has marginalized them instead of integrating them into the community so yeah i disagree that Cracked Minecrafter shouldn't be part of the community
10/17/2013 6:59 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Crafter
sskidmc
Maybe I guess, yes ? I think so, if they post some amazing projects for us to download.
10/17/2013 6:53 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
-Kali-
Even if they play cracked, they still want to talk about MC. I made this account b4 i got MC
10/17/2013 6:51 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Lumberjack
Svenda
Notch's official opinion on cracked players.

https://twitter.com/notch/status/157261795139125248

Nuff said on my vote
10/17/2013 12:14 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Crafter
elfin8er
Not saying that it's right for them to crack it, but honestly, if they play the game, why not? Notch himself even said to go ahead and pirate the game, and if you enjoy it, help out Mojang by purchasing the game. See it for yourself HERE.
10/17/2013 12:06 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Ranger
Reynard
There was a pretty damn meaningful response there, but i accidentally activated the zalgoify app for google chrome and now its gone forever.
10/17/2013 12:05 pm
Reynard
Àͣ̋́̋̌ͫͬ̌ͥͫ̎ͨ͑̆ͭ̏͡҉̫̹̰̩̖̦̥̪̩̣̮͚̯n̸̛͙̬͉̱̲ͧͯ͂͑̋́͜͟͡ ͮͯ̓ͪ͌ͤ͋̓̒̆͑̐̽ͬ͏̡͇͕͈̺̯͜͠͠ą̶̩̣͎̰̬̠̤͉̯͕͖̣͈͎̉͗̈ͩ̋̍ͩͮ́̈́s̶̡̛̻̥̖͓͚̙͈̫̲̺͍̤͖̈́̈́̑̅͆̽ͨ̓́ͅt̸͖͚̠̦̞̱̬͔͎͎͕͓̘ͥ̓ͪ͛ͤ̽̂̎̿̒ͧ̏̎͐̆̄̕͟͠ơ̢̤͓̪̠̼͕̗̮͖͚͓͒ͤ͂̏̈́ͦͣ̈́ͤ͆̃̋̋̓̔̀̊̚u̢̍ͪ̈́͌̊̇̔̇̽͋̊̾̍͒҉͓̣͍̯̟̻͓͉̻̠ͅͅn̸̅̈́̅̎͌̊̄ͦͮ̈́͊͛҉͚͔̭̖̩͎̼͇̜͝d̷̩͔͎̲̮̹͙͈͚͐̑̓ͮͨ̉̐̃ͨ̂̀͢ĩ̬̝͇͙̮̰̼ͯ̓ͤ͒͢n̹̙̬̭̻̖̱̩͈͈̱̋̓̉ͩ̾ͫ͗̾̈̀͟͡͠g̶̡͎̩̟̫̻̟ͤ͒ͧ̊ͬ̍͝ ̧̓̆̃ͦ̍̈́̓̑̊̑̌͐̄ͩ̓̆ͨ̾̚͟͏̤̝͍͙ͅƯ̢͙̻̰̬̜̭͚̬̜̳͎̖̳̤͖͒̇̋̅ͯ̆̍ͧͅn̤̳̤͔͍̗̦͕͕͇̫͎̱̱͗̐̂̒͆̈ͥͨͬ̿ͭ̚̕͞i̡͖̟̥̙̦̺͍̮̜̦̩̦̘͔͖̙̪̐̑̄̊̀̋ͤͫͫ̉̑̑͛͛͛̀͟͜c̽ͭ͛̓ͦͣ̐̎̑̊͐͆̓͂͆҉̶̛͎̗͖͕̩̻̠͙̙̻̩̯̥͝͡ơ̡͆̔͊͛̍́̓́͏͈̻̬̣͕̜͔͢d̷̢̲͎̖͈̀ͫͧ͑ͪ͊̏́ͪ̌ͩ̒ͯͭe̢̘͔̬̰͚̞͕̦͖̲̤̓̋ͫ̀ͧͮ̄ͯͤ͌̃̐ͭ̍̚͟ͅ ̶̶̶̴̧͙̫̲̪͓̠͓͎̯̤̻̠̭̭̩͕̾ͫ̿͊͊͒̎͌͆f̛ͥ̔ͫ̆̂̐̎ͬ͞҉̴̗̻̳̤͍̜̼̥͖̹̖̩͎͍͓̤̜̯͘ḙ͓̰̹̘̣͕̻̯̜͍͇̼̞̩̙̰͉̔̽̿̂̂͐̃̾͋̄͛̒͆̃̆͆̈́͡a̯̩̲̖̗̼ͭͯͨ́͋͗̔̃͒̉͘͝t̸̶͉̘̺̮̥̼͕̥̐ͪͩ͒̋̔̔͝ͅu͌͗̃͑̒̑ͨ̒̇͋͘͟͏͖̟̬̭r̢͛ͯ̂̄̒̆ͯ̓͛ͣ̍̋̐̏̐̏̋ͫ̍̀͝҉̝̜̲̦̲̲̫͙͔̤͖͜e̵̷̵̺̠͇̠͉̘͉̋ͨͭ̑ͦ͞ ̷̢̜̼̥̣ͣ̓̓̒͊ͨͭ̐ͤ̾ͣ̄͡͠͝h̢͉̻̱̼̲̜̖̘͈̟̱̯͈̦̮͕̙͉ͩ͗͊̈́̄̓͒a͈̯̪͔͉̖͓͎̘ͬ̈́̏̂̈̌ͫ͗ͮ̏̍̚̕͠s̈ͭ͌̓ͭ̄̊̎ͤ͆҉̡̤̥͉̩̥̘̺͉͞ ̛̓̊ͮ̊̾̒ͤ̈͏̶͓͙͍͈̤̳̕ȇ̸̝̙͈ͭ̉ͧ͑̽ͭ̊̓̚͞ͅn̵̨͓̩̘͕̬̎̇͑͒̃ͤ̐͒͒͛̓̀́͐̊a͕̲̗͚̣̗̹̙̮̜̙̰͓̤̤̦̠͌̐̆̉ͪ͑͐̑͒̑̓̀͞ͅbͮͯͪ͑͏̶͍̲͚̙̦̪̹̯̻͎̫̯̱̼͜͢ḽ̷̢̛͎̠̯̘̬̭̘̖͔͖ͥ͂͌͗ͦ͗̑͒͗́̃̔ͦ̽͐̀͘ë̡͔̱̺͙̻̜͍̰̝̣́͌ͨͣͥͩ̃͋ͥ̓͌͐̀̚̕͡͡d̵̶̫̬̗͙̣̭͓͙̗̥̝̝͓̮͖̪̪̜ͣ̾͌ͯͤ̈́̂͒ͯ͐̌̍͐̄ͥ̓͢͝͝ͅ ̵̛ͧ̉͋̏ͭ͒̍̄̑͗̓͑ͤ͂͌͒̚͢҉̡͍͎̳̲̤͙͚̘̲̪t̸̶̘̬̗̭̪̟̖͓͓̬̫̩̤̖͒̎͛̃̎ͯ͋͋ͦ̒ͦ̒ͩ̓͂͜͡ͅh̨́̑͋̀̚̚̕͟͏̸̺̘̠̘̘͔ę̷̴̟̝̜͖͙͉̖̯͍͎̼̼̪̠̳̟̯̌͌̽ͫ̐ ̡̙̺͙͎̰̔ͩ̓̒̌̋̐̓̓ͪͯ͜ͅp̵̡̺͈̘͇͎͕͔̙̰̠̩̟̪̺̓ͥ͛̑͆̏ͣ͊̓͑͜ơ̺̼̩̹̾̉͛ͫ̕w̵ͦͬͣͮ̃̔͊̽́ͯ͗͋̃ͯ̏̿͒̾҉̸̭̟̜͍̱͉̻͈̘͖͕͖e̢̟̮̥̙̘̻͈͎̮͍͉͗ͦͦ̋͊ͯ̚͠͝ͅͅr̸̢͉̖͎̖̫̩̰̳̗̋̑͊̓̂̾̌̀ͯ̉͗̓̈́̈́̔͋̂͡ͅͅ ̵̨̫̗͖̩̟̝̘͍͇̩͕͓͎̱̞͓̀͂͋͋͒̅͆͡ͅͅo̴̹̮͍̬͎͙̮̟̟̯̠̻̯̰̺̫̼͛͌ͪ͒̏̋̅̀̊ͣͨ́͘f̵̧͎̹̫̰̙̩͇̺͍̹͓̲̭̥̯̫̳̬͐ͦ̔͊ͮ͛ͮ͛̓̌̀̏̄̆̕͠͞ͅ
̷̨̠͇͈̜̺̳̺̮͔ͩ̾͊ͫ̊̊ͥ̉ͥ͋̍̃͆ͣ̄́̾̓̚͢a̻̠̝̰̥̯͉̟̤̣̳̖̲ͣ͒̑̄ͥ͐ͤͪ̎̍͛ͬ̒ͥ̇ͮ́̕͠n̴̹̘̟̠̼̰ͧ͊̇̓̒̏̾̓͗̍͊̄̄ͬ̾̚͢͞ ̵̬̺̦̗͓̙̹̤̻̦̱̻͖͈̑͒ͮͣͣ̓ͦ̏̆̓ͩ͢ͅę̴̘̦͚̬̱̲͖͔͖̲͖̗̯̖̅͑̾̆ͬ̐͑̃ͬ̑ͥ͗ͨ́͘͜ͅn̛͉͍̱̘̼͓̞̪̯͉̝̪͚̼͚̹͓͍̓͒͒̎ͮͪ̇͌ͩ̔̐͑́ţ̶̷̧̠̗͔̮ͪ̅̇̅̇̏̒ͥ͋ͩ̾ͣ̿̂̉ͪ̾į̶ͪͥͬ́̒ͪͬ̈ͤͦ̈͋̀̈́͊̚͜͏̸̤̫̲̩͍͔͓̣̯t̀̇̾ͪͨ̂̍̈́̎͗͆͠͠͏̵̝͇̬͔̣̱̲͔̟̮̭͕̺̲y̸͎̝̤̣̞̫̻͇͍͆̌̍̉͊̈́̔̽ͥ̕ ̵̸̶̣̤̬̼̭̲́ͩ̓ͥ͛͐ͯͣ͋ͮͤ̓k͍͓̠͖̳̲͚̝̙̆̐ͫ̒̒̑ͬͬ́̊̔͐̒̔͋̈́́͠n̎͋̾̌̀͏̴̡̟͈̻̱͉̻̲͖̰͈͎̞͔̰̥͉̮o͆͆́̈̿̚҉̢͖͓̱͕͔̘̞̖̮̖͈̬̲̞̳̺̣̦͢͠͡ẇ̨͙̼͖͚̹͚̦͇̦̻̗̻̗͖̱̤̑ͥ͛̑ͫ͗ͪ́ͅn̷̡̢̨̥͍̪̱̟͑̂ͬͩ͆͌͢ ̵̸̨̞͙͙̺̬̺̝̱̊ͬͧ̆ͭ͊ͯ̍͆̚̕͜å̷̭̳̟͕͓̹̟̩̣ͥͭ̉͊̽̋ͩ̓̉͋̒̋̚͡s̡͙̟̱͉̳͖̟͕̞̤̹͙̤̫̙̠̤̜ͮ̓̄̈̎̈͒̃̏̓̅͢ͅ ̢̯͎̙̩̭̥͔̝̙̙̥ͯ̋̃͌̆ͥ͒ͮͫͪ͊͐̋͌́Z̵̭̲̭̼̮̬̝̤̫̦̭͎̠̥̤͚̱ͦ͂ͧ̒̓͊̌̿̂̎͐͊͌̈́ͫa̵͖͉͔̹͖͕͚̖̞̰̳̳̼̲͉̳̖̬̓ͫ̑̏̽̿̎ͥ̍̔̑̄̾̐ͯ̚̕͟l̨͖̼͉͉̜̱͚̝̫̺̥̳̰̆ͣ͛̓̽̾ͯ̋͑ͨ̅͒ͯ͛͑̏̋̒͘g̨̛̰̳̜͖̗̭̫̦͓̮͋̿͊ͪͣ̿̋̑ͦ̂̆ͫ͋͒̑ͦ̀̚͠ǫ͙̜̟̟͍̪ͥ̋̍̃ͧ̅̿̀͒̏ͥ͢͞.̭̞͓̩̫̭̦̘͔̪̞̺ͨ͌̍͌̔̆ͤ̀͞ͅͅ ̸̞͓̳̟̘̗̻͎̮̝̯̥̺̓͗͂͒ͩ͑̽̓͗̚͟͜W̌̔̐͏̴̸̥͉̫̭͚̼̙̝͔͇̖̯͍̭̹̪̦̠̭ḝ͂͗̐ͫ̈҉̶̡̭̗͖̗̫̳̥̝ ̀͌̈́̽̂ͮ͛͌ͦ͛̌͋͗̚̚͏͢͏̷̗̪͔͍͇̻h̃̌̊̍̅ͫͤ̇ͣ͛̍͛̑ͩ҉̶̺͇̦̼̟̖̮̖̬̰̥̭̗̹̭́͜͝e͒̽̒͐͂̄̌ͤͣ̓̌̔̉̍̀͌̓͂͏̼̯̖̺̜̹̗͇͎̫͇̙̜͙̀͘ͅͅř̶̨̡̗͔̱̞̠͈͒̏͛́ͤ͒̆̊͐ͯ̅͂͋̏̃͘͝e̸̵͋ͯ͊ͭͯͫͫ̆̎ͣ͐͛̉̇̓͋̒ͦ͠҉̗͕̻͖̘̦͔̭̫̗͞ͅ ̛̭̘̦̙̼̫̺̜͕͉͙͚͎̙̺̝͔͎̖͂ͥ̎ͯ̐ͮͭͧ̅̇ͥ͊̓̊͘͜͜͠ǎ̵̧̘͚̤̹̦̼͇̥͕̣͌̅̆ͧ̽̋ͣͦͬ́̐͋͋ͫͮ̀̀̚t̸̥̝̱̮̱̼̺̩͖̙̋͐̓̎͠ ̫̗̙͈̞̰̗̤͔͔̫̲̤ͯͯͪ͊͋̂ͭ̇̃̅̆̑̋̆̕͘͟ͅU̧̢̲̻̟͙̦̬̦̻̦͙ͣ̓͛͊ͤ͜Ę̗̜̬͇̦̣͙͇͎̻͙̮̱̪̺͉ͮͩ̀̒ͥ̇̉̂̇̈̒̌͗̌ͯ͘͟G̶̵̜̣̣̠̭̯ͣ̄ͫ̃ͦ̈́̀̆͊ͬ̌́͘͡C̨̭͈̭̬̩̯̪̱̭͖͖̣̮̥̖͚̪̏ͤ̈̈̾̊̿̈̽͊ͯ̀ ̶̧ͨ̽ͣͤ̔̚̕͝҉̜̝̩̬͓̖͇̺̭̮̰̳͈̮͈̫̪ę̑̓́͒͂̍͏̢͏̳̻̯n͙͙̘͓̻̑ͫ̔ͮͤ̑ͪ̓ͭ́ͨ̆̀̚c̸͇̳̥͉̠͇̼̣̮͍̣͂̔̈́̂̈ͩ̔ͯ̀͝ő̸̢̯̼̭̻̤̱̫̭̫̮̗̱̭̍́ͩ̇̂̂̾̄͜͝ͅų͈͈̯̳̭̣̭̞͇̰̥͎̀ͫ̐ͤ͐ͥ̔ͭ̏ͤ̆ͨ̆͘͟͢͟ͅŗ̛̲̪͈͇̔ͧͥ́͢a̐ͨͮ̅̋̇ͦ҉͖͎͎̩̙̯͓̥̞̹̠ͅg̡̛̱̣̼̜̤̘̈́̈ͩ̅ͤ͌͌ͥ̎ͦ͒̋̇͘͝ȅ̍̽ͧͭ̍̑̅̆ͩ̈́ͭ̚҉̯̝̼̹̦̜̗̀ ̧̨̘͚͎͓̹̹̼͖͚̼͉̣̣͕̺͇̺̂̾̿̿ͣ̂͑̃̇̀́t̲̳͎̗̼͍̤̯͙̋̒ͮ̃͌̊ͤ̇͆̓̌́̌̚͘hͨͫ̇̃ͤͮ̐̈ͬͯͯ̎̿͟҉̧̡̭͈̯̙̹͖̙̟̺̤͕̪̫̙̝̠̬̟e̝̘͉͙̗̻̩̘̹̯̭̺̲̟̬̦̤̍ͦ͊̑̈́ͯͧ̃̊ͪ͒̄͊̃ͨͪ̊̕
̡̦̰̥̜̬̲͈̤̱͈͕͇̦̱̈́͑̇̀̽̎̐̅͒͢͟ų̞͎̩̙̞͕̪̟͍̱̝̙͔̂̂̈́ͪ̂̾ͯ̎̏͝s̪͇̜̖̙͔͍͇̅̿ͪ̐͟͠ę͎̤͔͔̠̹̝͇̯̺͕̼̪̜̇ͩ̽ͧͣ͐͋̂̑̎͗̌̄ͫ͜ͅ ̸̶̡̳̻͇̣͎̼̮̼̠̠̘̤̟̺̬̜̻̇͒̈̓ͥ̚̕͝ȯͨ̈͌̒̔̉̇͋̑͂ͨ͐̂҉̷҉͉̞͕̪͍̞̗͇̯̭̘̬̬͈̱ͅͅfͯ͌̿̒͂̏ͭ̅ͨ̀͌̌ͯ̿̇҉͉̹̙̲̞͕̗̳͚̩̤̜̱̩̯̜͔ ̥͎̺̟̩̖̞͈͔͖̣̝̳ͥ̌̈́ͤͮ͐̄͠t̸̵͒̌̓̀͆̈ͥͫ͂̃̏͑̂͌͏̹͙̗͔͕̤̲̱̞̙̙̞͓̱h̸͕̣͔͒ͬ̎̏̆ͥͬ̅͋̊̊͊ͪ̇̌͗͞ǐ̶̥̰̹̭̜͎͈̙̗̘̜̾ͩ̄͌̎̆͛̏̋̚͟s̛̭͍̹̺͕͍͇̭̘̭̎ͮ̑̑͂͘̕ ̢̗̙̱̋̓̆̽͜n̸͙͉̱̜̱̣̺͚̘͙͈ͭ͋͛ͭ̔̾͛ͭ̀oͦ̉ͯ͂̿̑͋ͥ̏ͯ̊͑̓̑̄̆̚̕҉̖͕̣̬̯̫̦̤̣͓̟̣ͅͅt̡̼̺̙̲̝̲̱͉͈͙̫̖̤̹̭̗̫̖͋̀ͨ͑͌ͯ̈́̇̅͘ ̷͔̖͖͖͇͎̺͙̫͕̠̟͈͔̹̳̂̆ͨ̈̾̅ͯ́̆̉ͬ̔̾̉̾̾́̕͡ͅt̨͔̖͈̤̠̗̘̹͍͎̺̎͊ͣͥ̎͆ͫ̊ͫ̄͒̎͆ͥ͆̎͊̅͝ͅoͦͤͮ͗̋̃͏̹̯̯͉̞͕́ ͚̤͉̮̥̰̮̦͕̯̩̤̯̯̘̻̻̝͐ͩͬ͊͠͡p̸̿̈́ͪ̂ͭ̎̑͊͝͏͔̰͙̙͔̺͈͙̲̰̻̺̝͚̬̳r̴̶̰͈͔͖͍̤ͭ̋̒͐ͨ̃̑͜͝ỏ̢͖̼͔̹͈̹͈͍̘̘̺̹͕̜̅̄̑ͩ̄̋͊́̂̓̒͊͑ͣ̓ͥ̈͢͜͡m̛̥͍͙̣̳̯̗̣̯̜ͫ̋̈̂͊̀͘͘͘o̸̮͓̭͔̟̰̞͍̱͍̝̹͔͌̂͛̇ṱ͕͔̳̝̖̼̻̫̩͚͇̰͍͙͈̼ͧ̀̐̀̅͊͌ͦͬͨͪ͟ͅe̴̴̛̩̱̲̪̻̩̎ͣ̊̆ ̧͇̘̤̹̘͔̝̼͎͒̽̿ͣ̎̓ͤ̒͑͞͠z̹͕͎͔̳̝̦̻̱̖̖͇͈͙ͧ̾͌̊ͫ̀̾͘͢å̧̹̺̬͚ͪ̇̓̾͊̍ͣ̓ͅl̨̖̤̲̜̯̦̖͈̘̝͓̟̳̮͇͆͐̓̐̈́͊ͧ͗͑̑̽̆ͦ̓͋̓͛̀̕ģ͖͙̫̙̯̬̅ͮͭͭ͋̏͊̿ͫ̚͝o̴̫̪̜͇̮̦̖̣̤̹͍̘͖͔̩͙̾̃̂̈͒̀̏ͪ̓̇̉̀͗̓͌͊̊̓͢͜͠,̡̙͉͚̿̄ͤ̽́ͩ͂̇͛̈́̒̽̏ͮ̍̚͜ͅ ̢̛̹̫̣͖̩͚̦͙̮̣ͯ͐ͫ͆ͧ́̉̃͘ͅb̸̉̑̎̓̐ͣͮ̎ͪ̍̆̄̚͡͏̬͔͉̺̭̩̱̬̤̮̹̱̳̜̯̰̼̠͝û̡̧̝̖̩͇͕̼͎̞̗̪̲̠͔̯̲̖̘̘̬̿̒ͮ̍̒̓͢͝t̶̨̛͙͓̹̱̰̑̿̈͌̏̽ͮ͋ͮͫͦ̅͌͡ ̷̵̤͈̦͉̖̓̏̿̊̎͆͟͠͠b̰̗̬̬͙̠̱͇̯̰̳̖̣͍̫̻̮ͪ͌̑̄̇̒ͣ͆͗͌̌̈̌͢͢ͅẹ̡̮͉̜̬̥̯̭̘̜̯̺̮̞̬̳̄͗ͯͪ̽ͬ̒͆̌ͩ͜ç̵̫̻̻̪̎ͤ̓ͨ̓ͣͨ̀͟a̧̖̳̬̹̬̣̪̘͓͓͌͛ͤ̍̑̌͐̒̏ͦ͑͌ͮͦͮ͒́͘̕͠ͅu̷̐͆̑̒ͬ͗ͬͤ̉̋͑̚͏̩̻̤̪̘̳s̵̢̢̛̘̰͉͙͍̞̳̻̰͎̀ͫ͆ͭ͡ͅȩ̬̼̝̫̺̖̖̺̹̯͚̫̜̼̪͔̅̓ͪ̄͐̆ͬ͑̅̌̅ͥ̀̚͟ͅ ̵̫͔͚͚̳̖̱̲̦̑̑̏ͤ̉̾̄͘ͅi̦̥̬̭̜̳̙̰̯̞̬͚̤̼͈̯͓͈͒ͨ̓͌͜͝͝t̸̸̩̳̱͕͙̯͉͇̼̜͈̩̦̱͔̀̔̓ͫͨ̋̎̾ͯ̅̾ͤ͜ͅs̻̼̝̹̣̪̰͔̳͈͈͙̰̜̖͙͈̏̽̈́͋ͬͣ̎͐̀̿͂͢͞ ͥ̂ͭ̈́̍ͥͧ̀͂̏͒̆͏̴̧̪̩͉̳͖̺̭͎̜͈̫͔͖̥̰̕͡fͧͩ͌ͬ̒̀͒͒͏͓̦̱̮͎̪̘͍̫͍͚̱͟͡ͅu̶̡ͬ̃̄̽ͬ͋͠͏̗͕͖͙̫̠̣̰̩̩̤̫̯̫n̨͈͇̖͈͉̞͈͇̲̭̖͔ͦͤ́ ͈̙̦̩̳̯̗͇͙̗̟̜͎̟̗̍̐͊ͪ͐̒̑͋̂̃͆̃ͫ̀̽̄̌͌͝͞t̊ͧ̊̍̚͝͏̶̫̦̹̯͇̖͕̟̳̻̲͉̻͓͕̜̕ǫ͓̥̱̞̥̦̹̤̞̜̭̻͕͕̤̖̫̭̞ͣͬ̎ͩ͛̋̾͢ ̢̢̫̻̳̝̤̫͙͇͎̹̝̺̱͔̭̝ͭ͊ͦ̓̏͂͂̐͌͗͊ͩ̌ͭ̓͌͑̚̕͠ͅf̵̶̬̯̞͈̙̜͔̟̻̲̘̮̽ͤ͑ͤͅͅu̸͎̱͉̝̼͈̫̘͒ͮ̋͆͐̋ͩ̉̈́̓̊̏͐̀̄̚͘͝c̵̶̢̖͖̰͙͈̓̂ͯ̽͐̌͝͠k̷̨̯͓̰̳̫̣̼̥̬͈͓̯̬̥͓̲̃̒̈̈̉ͪͫ̈̓͐͋̋̂́͜͞͞ͅ
̴̨̪̞̼̼͚͎̫͎̯̻̹̫͈͎̄͋͒́̿̿͛̊ͅs̢̧͇̪͍̫̻̺͎̗̻̫̗̅̎ͥ͒ͦ͊̄͗̓͐t̄ͤͦͧͬͫ̀͡҉̷͇͉̯̳̙̤͈̖̦͖͢u̶̱͔̦̫̠̝̖̗̦ͣ̈̓͐̈̀̌̔͒ͮͣͦͣ̿̿̎̉̂́̀͢͝ͅf̶̴̥̟̦̣̲̫̬̱̜͕̫͛̉͛̌̈͊̔ͥ̿̽̂ͭͯ̄̍͛̕͢ͅf̸̫̠͎͔̫̗̫̝͇͙̦͔ͧ̀̿ͭ̄̀̀͝͡ ̸̤̠̼̳̟͍̹̗̩͍̹̮̜̤̻̼ͯ̏͛̌̋̌ͮͦ̇͟͡ͅu͙̠̟̞̮̳̫ͮ̈́ͦ̓̔̾̅̋ͦ͗ͣ̾ͨ͜͝͞͠ͅp̡̤̖̜̠̲̦͙̮̤̆ͭ̿ͮ̔̐̃͑͊ͩ̓ͨ̚͝.̵̘̤̦̪̖̮̥̻͕̻̞̳͕̐ͤ̊̌ͪͦ͛ͧ̉̎̀ͮ͋͗͜ͅ
10/17/2013 12:05 pm
Level 40 : Master Nerd
Rawstrus
The question should be rename: Should people who broke the law to get minecraft be a part of these forums?

Obviously, no
10/17/2013 12:07 pm
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
Care to attempt to throw me out

Note I own Minecraft now (like bought it), but I did initially crack it.
10/17/2013 12:02 pm
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
Many cracked users do end up buying real Minecraft, I know I did, and if I hadn't, I wouldn't have bought Minecraft at all, because I wouldn't have got hooked by the game, and I wouldn't have learned about the vast modding community, in particular the Flan community. And thus the cracked launcher actually made Mojang money in my case, and I do know of a lot of people who did the same.

And besides, 1.6.2 ensured that all cracked launchers were useless (annoying for me as I used the cracked launcher when I was developing stuff as it loaded faster) so they can only play up to 1.5.2

I think cracking Minecraft is ok, as long as you do eventually buy it, if you have played cracked, you'd know you are missing out if you don't.
10/17/2013 12:00 pm
Reynard
Yes, i do believe that people who use the cracked version of Minecraft should be
part of this forum. They are all as much members of the minecraft community as the paid members. They share the same aspirations, dreams, and ideals as us. To build, to explore, to create. The minecraft community and world is vast, and no one should be denied.

There could be many reasons, perhaps they can't afford it. Perhaps they aren't allowed to buy it. Perhaps they just want to try it. Cracked members face enough discrimination already as is, and should be treated as equals. Remember that what brings us to minecraft is not the game, but the spirit of creativity.

Who are we to restrict such if others wish to develop their ideas. Mojang has more than enough money to keep itself running, and with the current features being planned for server hosting by them, they will likely be able to sustain themselves till their next release.

But most importantly, many from the cracked community convert to paid members.
The joy of playing on public servers and getting up to date news, mods, and such are more than enough to make them buy the game. I myself was once a member of the cracked community.

Perhaps ive said something you don't like, so be it. Im simply here to say my piece and i believe i have done it as non offensively as possible.
10/17/2013 11:48 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Modder
DenialMC
Yes.

Daniel
10/17/2013 11:39 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
I, unfortunatly, have a "cracked" version of minecraft (that currently doesn't work...). Alot of people own cracked versions of MC, some of them with good reason. I don't get money alot and playing cracked MC kinda sucks, but I still think they should be a part of the MC community.

(Also, I'm planning to buy Minecraft so please don't hate me because I play cracked...)
10/17/2013 11:27 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Architect
Gersonak_
Would you let someone who stole their car into your classic car club?
No.
It's the same here. It's just socializing with a petty thief.
We're here because we love the game, yet people with a 'cracked' account clearly do not as they have no support for the creators.
10/17/2013 11:33 am
Level 20 : Expert Nerd
Dig03
But if you think about it, For what reason did they "crack" minecraft?
They could have genuine economic problems.
Or anything else for that matter, but people who are just "cracking" to pirate it should really just go buy it :/
10/17/2013 11:46 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Skinner
BERTY_TH3_P0NY
If you can't afford a game then don't get it. It's as simple as that.
If everyone got cracked Minecraft then Mojang would have been bankrupt a long time ago.
10/17/2013 11:47 am
Dig03
*Implodes*
10/17/2013 11:26 am
Level 80 : Elite Grump
Cipher_Punk
Exclusive communities and services are the reason people buy games - to be a part of them. I would dare to say that, by keeping some parts of our community exclusive to members who have purchased the game, we have convinced several pirates to buy it.

So, no.
10/17/2013 11:23 am
Level 28 : Expert Architect
OldLinionMC
I have met many people who had or have cracked minecraft accounts. most have them because they dont have the money yet to buy the full game (yes some people have money problems believe it or not) but again about 80% of the people who i have seen with a cracked version, eventually buy the game. so i dont think wee should block cracked user from using PMC. It's just unfair to those who arent as well of as the rest of us
10/17/2013 11:22 am
Level 33 : Artisan Dwarf
spires33
ya like people i had to wait 3 or 4 months before i could get it.... so just go and buy it!
10/17/2013 11:21 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
1marcos6
Yus they should. Being part of the PMC community has nothing to do with Minecraft. It has to do with being part of a community. Maybe they have cracked, so what? They still play Minecraft! But I'd rather encourage them to buy the full version.
10/17/2013 11:17 am
Level 43 : Master Engineer
aboveordinary
I don't think you can stop people who play on cracked accounts from joining forums but it is kinda fustrating to see people not supporting the game by buying.
10/17/2013 11:15 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
The majority of people who "try out" minecraft by playing cracked usually wind up buying it...

this is something the entertainment industry just doesn't get. If the consumers are offered the chance to try before they buy, they get a lot of purchases they wouldn't get otherwise. People who pirate will ALWAYS pirate. The industry is never going to get their dollars. But people who like to KNOW what they're buying aren't really pirates.... because eventually they're going to spend the money to buy. These are the dollars the entertainment industry would never have gotten otherwise... all thanks to pirates.

Now someone needs to explain this to the industry so they stop being morons with SOPA, etc.
10/17/2013 7:39 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Ranger
VelociCraftor
This is what happened to me, I got it from a friend, at the time I didn't know it was cracked, but I did end up buying it because, instead of a short trial, I got to experience the full game and know what I was buying.
As far as them being part of the PMC community, why not? You can't really stop them, and like Carole said, most of them end up buying it.
10/17/2013 12:04 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Architect
Caux
I agree with Carole here. I myself was a pirate user before turning to a premium user, and it is pretty much like you say. If you don't know exactly how pirate minecraft is like, I'll quickly explain you:

You have like a copy of the normal launcher, but you don't need to put a password, just username, so you can choose any username you wanted. Eventually you could see Notch or Willyrex (a famous spanish youtuber) in a server, but they were all fake. That also caused trouble, because in cracked servers you could enter with the username of the owner and get OP and stuff like that, and that's why in almost every cracked server there is a registration plugin to avoid that.

I myself loved the game, but didn't had any idea about what premium was, and a bare knowledge of servers, so when I found out about premium I bought it in no time. So, yes, companies should think better about that, and how it can actually help them.
10/17/2013 11:13 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Network
meymazda
I am not saying we should stop this, I am just curious of the community's standpoint on this topic.
10/17/2013 11:10 am
Dig03
I think people shouldn't use cracked as you're not funding mojangs future endeavors, but I DON'T think we should go as far as to stop people from being part of the community just because they use cracked.
EDIT: Pointless Edit ._>
But loads of people use cracked, and like loads of people say they do end up buying the full version, there's even a demo on minecraft.net now
So yeah, they should be part of the community.
10/17/2013 11:10 am
Level 21 : Expert Nerd
Aeternalis_
no

no

no

no

no, god, no
10/17/2013 11:09 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Pegasus
DasDuriel
nobody cares
i mean realy nobody cares
you cant stop it
you cant block them from using pmc anyway
why the heck even bother
10/17/2013 11:09 am
Level 31 : Artisan Architect
AlsoKnownAsCreepy
I'm not sure, they've cracked the game so it's kinda rubbish and foolish..
But they may be curious and eager, maybe they also wanna explore the minecraft world but they don't got money to do it? I bet they are good people. Or most of them, I feel it's kinda undecided. It's kinda unfair to us who bought the game, but they're also humans.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome