Stories, trolls, and hard-headed "worshipers".

Rakqoi's Avatar Rakqoi4/25/12 9:20 pm
4/27/2012 6:25 pm
sed11's Avatar sed11
Herobrine was originally an interesting, yet slightly creepy story. It intrigued many, brought enjoyment to us all. It was originally well written, clever, and enjoyable. A regular form of literature.

The Minecraft userbase has corrupted it. It's not fun anymore. It's a "cult", in a way. People seem to "believe" in Herobrine for the fun in it, the thrill of thinking something is actually lurking in your world. Some have claimed they've seen it. You know what? People in real life have claimed they have seen Big foot, the Yeti, the Loch Ness monster, and even as far as Slenderman. Some people even claim to see Santa flying through the night sky. Now, none of us believe those people, as some may have mental conditions, some may be confused, and others spooked out of their wit.

That isn't the case here with Herobrine. Herobrine was once a myth, a friendly little story people told to each other to have a laugh. It was all in the name of fun, among the mature players. Suddenly trolls! Not all are trolls. Some are just mistaken, some are bored. All of them, however, didn't see Herobrine. I know many people who have mistaken Zombies for Herobrine. Heh, a lot of people think Endermen eyes are Herobrine. Seems pretty normal, since Endermen are based off of Herobrine. (Pure white glowing eyes, shady, build things in the world, creepy, etc. They were obviously modified a bit over their time.)

The fact is, too many people are having too much fun with this. Some people don't even claim to have seen him, but just join in the belief for the thrill of it. They think they're joining with the wiser, majority side of the argument. The fact is, every advanced Minecraft player denies Herobrine's existance. Have you seen Captain Sparklez crying about Herobrine going to kill him? Me niether. What about Paulsoaresjr? (Might have misspelled that) TotalBiscuit? Well, knowing him he probably has. But anyway...

My point is, the only people who believe in Herobrine do not know everything about the game. I consider myself well-educated in Minecraft. I know all the recipes, mobs, mechanics, biomes, and everything in between. I don't know the code behind it, but I know how things are rendered, how the basics behind it work. I know almost everything about the game. But my point is, I know Herobrine isn't real. I know this because of my 'vast' knowledge of the game. Also, notice my grammar is up to par. Most of the Herobrine-ees, should I say, don't bother to spellcheck and refuse to read what us "anti-Herobrine-ees" say. They're typically immature and don't bother to think about what they say first. None of them, I gauruntee, have actually looked into Herobrine and his information before blindly joining the crowd.

A select few individuals take their time to make a legible argument, but still, I have yet to see a well-educated member of this Herobrine 'cult'.

Please, don't take this as hate. I don't want to flame anyone who does believe Herobrine, just want to spread some truth. Herobrine doesn't exist. Open this spoiler for truth. If you don't, and if you don't read all of it, your argument is truly illegible.

Click to reveal
Some of this is covered in the "Facts for and against Herobrine" thread, but I'm not taking reference on that.

-The entire staff of Mojang has denied his existence. You can say they are lying, but it is not worth ruining their image to keep an old joke going on for so long. They are much too wise for that, and have more important things to do than carry around this rumor with a sly grin under their creeper mask.

-Both the original creator of the entire Herobrine creepypasta, and the guy who helped to spread it like wildfire, have both admitted to it being untrue. The original guy's supposed email from Notch saying "I had a brother, but he is no longer with us" was written by the author of the creepypasta. This sort of thing is usual for stories like these.

-No coding. There have been hundreds, if not thousands, of modders who play around in the code. Every single file in Minecraft has indeed been tampered through, read, torn apart, and very, very closely examined by many people. It is impossible to hide something, no matter how subtle, without someone getting suspicious about useless coding and follow it to the hidden corner where the "herobrine" code is. Nope, not gonna happen, especially after so long.

-"Herobrine removed." "Removed all ghost entities under the command of Lord Herobrine." Nope, these are kind of public inside jokes from Mojang. There used to be a cool mob in the game called "Monster", which was a zombie-like mob that chased the player. It has a human skin and made human noises, as well as walking like a human. It otherwise acted exactly like a zombie. He removed this mob, and added the Enderdragon under the name of "Monster" instead. Every update, he removed a little bit more of the coding for this mob. Finally, with the "Ghost entity" update in 1.2.5, he removed the very last remnants. In 1.2.4 and under, you were able to get "Monster" spawn eggs using mods. These eggs could be placed down like normal, but didn't spawn anything. You could also create "monster" spawners, which had nothing inside, but still made puffs of smoke like they were spawning something. That stuff was removed in 1.2.5, the update log was another joke.

Thanks for reading this. I will now consider you educated, and will respect your opinion.
Rakqoi
Retired Moderator
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Procrastinator