The Fascination of Minecraft

Smon's Avatar Smon6/18/11 6:04 pm
1 emeralds 181 3
6/20/2011 12:40 am
Sneaki_Muffinz's Avatar Sneaki_Muffinz
Hello,

I've just wrote some blog about the fascination of this lovely game. (Link: http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/the-fascination-of-minecraft/). Just wanted to open a topic because I doubt, that many guys will find this blog. Anyway, it would be great, if you could give me some answers to these questions to start some discussion about this great game. (Same questions in the blog. Please read it first, before discussing here or in the comments of the blog. Thanks.)

What is your opinion about that?

What makes you so fascinated of this game?

Why are you playing this game?

And what makes it so different to other games?

Greetings,
Smon
Smon
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Wizard

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/20/2011 12:40 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Architect
Sneaki_Muffinz
The ONLY time i get annoyed with graphics is when i buy a brand new game and the graphics are bad, its different if its a side scroller and such. However when it's an FPS the majority of the game is all about it's visual aspects. So when people say, "oh minecraft has terrible graphics, i'd never get it." it is EXTREMELY shallow and ignorant. Minecraft is about imagination. I agree with you Smon.
06/19/2011 1:55 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Wizard
Smon
Thanks a lot for your reply. I think, that it's a shame that there are rarely discussions about the "effect and the progress" of this game. Maybe it's because of the rather young community. Who knows.
When I was younger, I also never asked myself why games like "Tetris" or games from the old "Commodore 64" did fascinated my that hard. Becaus I just didn't cared. But now, looking at all these realistic computer games I wonder why a game like Minecraft became so popular...

Well the idea IS genius, no doubt. But it's intresting to see, how other people, which never played it, talk about this game. They say, that a game with such a bad graphic will never have a chance to compare with other new games. That makes me kinda sad, that the people are so shallow in talking about good computer games.

"The graphics are more important than the game idea." - So Minecraft is a exception?
06/18/2011 6:54 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Architect
Sneaki_Muffinz
1.) I agree with you completely on how you view MineCraft, you gave good examples.

2.) What makes me so fascinated with this game is: A.) the game itself the idea is genius. B.) How it has transformed through out its lively hood. and C.) The community (older mature community) they add to the game in positive ways and negative ways some mods are "wow why would you do that?" and others are "Wow, touche sir... touche....".

3.) I play this game because i'm becoming an Architect. It allows me to kill time and understand the dynamics of "building blocks".

4.) What I believe makes this game so different is it's 3D, not 2D like Terarria. The genre is a "Sand-box" game because you can do whatever you want, but the game ITSELF is a sandbox which is amazing, Notch created MineCraft, we, the community brought it a step further. To prior knowledge I can't think of a game that has let it's fan base do things to the degree that MineCraft has.

~Sneaki
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome