The forgotten souls

LCD75's Avatar LCD7510/28/13 11:25 pm
1 emeralds 379 7
11/24/2013 10:12 am
Haydenjames's Avatar Haydenjames
Alright, I'm posting what I can but I'm rather scared. Alright, here it goes.

I was playing another day on some hardcore deathban Factions PvP server that I forgot along time ago, I've been playing it ever since I got minecraft, and I've had tons of fun on it. I was one of the best players on the server, conquering those who stood in my way, however one of the updates to minecraft broke my game files, and none of the files in it were recoverable, other than the saves and texture packs. I looked for the IP on the Internet for the server, but the website it was once on 404'ed. I just said "oh well." And decided to find some new servers to play on.

For some reason in the 1.7.2 update I found the IP in my computer in a .txt document and connected to the server via direct connect, something was odd.

The map had never reset ever since the last time I've been here, and that was 7 months ago, but what was also weird was that the only people that were on the server was the entire administration team, including the owner himself, who was usually never on, especially if nobody else was. I decided to say hi, and ask if any of them remember me. The only response I got was. "...". I was assuming they were either happy or angry to see me, so I just said that I will try to find my old home.

Eventually after traveling entire oceans, tagias and deserts, I found my bunker, still roughly intact minus some wear. I decided to enter my bunker, and things looked normal at first, however I have sorted my bunker into levels, A being where I exit the bunker, which was closest to the ground. B where I kept my items in storages and had a few mob grinders, and C as a living quarters, emergency exit, and a "last stand" area in a nearby cave, which I never have used. That area was always ominous to me, as I rarely check on it.

I then saw splattered blood in level A, which was kind of spooky, as blood has never been in minecraft. What was also spooky is that corpses were present, which was also never a feature. But what was especially scary is that these corpses look like they were shot, implying the server had muskets at one point, or it was shortly implemented as a test. Most of the bodies that weren't shot were either ripped to shreds or decapitated. I decided to punch one, and it moved in the direction I punched, so now I proceeded to clean up the bloodbath.

Eventually I finished, I searched the soldiers and the shredded corpses for any journal logs, and I found 2, one from a soldier and one from a shredded corpse. Here is what I remember of what was left of the journal logs, as most of the pages were either smeared in blood, shot in hopes of reducing the damage, or burnt.

Here is the soldiers journal log:

"Oh god, I don't know why we were sent here, the commander says that we were there to recover equipment from an abandoned bunker, he said the dweller was a very powerful figure, so I hope I can still snatch me some gear. But oh god. It was massacre, everyone in my squad was killed, I think I'm the only one left alive, if anyone finds this I will be hiding at-"

The rest of the page was smeared in blood, along with what looked like what was once a heart.

Here is a log from a shredded corse.

"We have been holding this base for 2 months now, god knows why but the elder wants us to secure it. The bucket heads (what I assume were the soldiers) just keep coming and coming, however we did score a major victory and wiped out what was a heavy trooper squad. One was even writing in a j- oh god, I think I see a huge fleet of soldiers, mainly composed of brainwashed kamikazes, heavy troopers, and-"

The rest of this page was shot by a scattergun, which I'm assuming was a blunderbuss. The body had 2 scattergun wounds, on near the crotch and one on the head, which spread everywhere and essentially decapitated him.

This was too disturbing to see, but I still want to scavenge what was left of my mighty base. So I went down to level B, I think I saw something, or someone which could just be a staff member in the shadows, but the figure was hunchbacked, something not possible in the game. I decided to place torches out of fear, so now the base was lit. I still saw no figures. I looked around, and eventually found what was left of my hidden storage shaft, it was a key-buttoned redstone powered 9 digit code, which was activated by 3 correct numbers. I still remembered the code, and pressed on "2", "1", and "6". The hidden shaft opened and as I had suspected, my top tier equipment was there, so I grabbed it all. My inventory went from just 2 remaining salmon from my journey to a fully pimped inventory, decked in enchanted diamond, considerably enchanted diamond sword, and an extremely powerful bow. Along with a high-tier golden apple and 32 Steaks.

I eventually found the figure again, and now with my stuff I pulled back my bow and shot it down like a rifleman training, it took 10 shots to kill, which was strange. I then got closer to the body to investigate, but then it just burst into flames and soon after exploded.

I then ventured down to level C, things here looked worse, one particular area was flooded in blood to the point it was sumburged in the mess, I put on my Aqua Affinity and respiration helmet and ventured down, I found the last stand area, which all it had was 6 muskets lined up like revolutionary war era soldiers taking turns to fire. I found no soldiers here, so I just took one musket and used the remaining 5 to repair it, I got it into working condition, attached a makeshift wooden scope and loaded in explosive rounds, which I found in a box.

I then realized 3 more of those hunchbacks were stalking me the whole time, most likely angered by their fallen brother, and then they sprinted towards me, I chugged down a swiftness II strength II potion and ran as fast as I could to the surface, I was captured by one, but I quickly atomized it's head with an explosive round. I eventually made it to the surface, and the hunchbacks went back into the bunker. I traveled back to the spawn, only to black out when I reached the spawn docks.

Then a slideshow occurred.

A greyscale image of one of the moderators (who was corrupt and was banned soon after) appeared, then an image of a full diamond bandit, then an unarmored person with an edit of the famous SkyTheKidRS skin, who was carrying nothing but a stone sword and a leather tunic. After a few more slides, this then hit me, these were all the players I have killed in my time of playing, all of which were either newbies, bandits, and a few unfortunate victims, as I wasn't really a PKer myself, just "that one xenophobic guy", according to some town, as I spent most of my time either farming in my bunker or mining in caves.

I then woke back up, and for some reason I was in front of the owners house, which was giant and had a large yard infront of it. I saw three crucifixes infront of the entrance steps, these were 3 people, the owner, the head admin, and the primary moderator. I decided to speak with them, the head admin and the primary moderator replied "You lead them right to us, turns out this place was safer than we thought without you." Both of them died soon after. Then I spoke to the owner, who replied "Why would you do this to us... We've always thought of good things about you, and how do you pay us back? Lure deadly creatures to us. When you were gone the server was pitted into anarchy, because nobody policed it with force. You have doomed us all... I hope you've had a nice stay." Rather than coughing blood and then dying like the other staff, his limbs blew off of his body and his torso fell off of the cross.

Then 3 figures appeared, a hunchback, a shredded corpse, who I now realized was a tribal, and a soldier, they were charging at me, so I took my best shots at them, every arrow that I landed on them just bounced back and nearly hit me. I had run out of musket ammo by then. I eventually ran out of arrows and had to charge at them with a sword, they wouldn't die. I eventually ran out of regeneration potions, and then sucumbed to them. I then logged out and decided to play single player, for some reason I occasionally find shredded corpses and dead soldiers, but that's it. If anyone is wondering, the server is long gone now for some reason. That's it for now.
LCD75
Level 18 : Journeyman Pirate