The Height Limit

_WinterBear's Avatar _WinterBear1/26/12 6:06 pm
1 emeralds 212 8
1/26/2012 6:28 pm
sed11's Avatar sed11
This is just my opinion, and don't get me wrong, I love the game, but there are a whole load of things that people would love to see added to the experience and to me, it seems to boil down to one thing. The Height Limit. 120 blocks. Thats 120 meters. The average sea depth on earth is around 3700 meters, and the average mountain height is 4000. Of course I'm not saying we should have such huge values, but with just ten times the current limit, think of the possibilities! All the ocean content you could want would look decent and fit in if you had oceans deeper than 100 blocks. Underwater ruins, pirate ships, fish, coral reefs and krakens would all be able to have room to be implemented without looking squashed. And what about the sky? Tall cities with skyscrapers, and that mountaintop citadel you've always dreamed of, sitting on a 500 block high lump of rock capped with snow. Dragons could soar the skies, and forests could be taller and with more room for climbing mobs and canopy dwellers. Minecraft is a game with freedom, you can build what you want to build. The only limit, is your imagination and the height limit. And I know there are other issues with the game, just I find this one to be the biggest. So what would you guys do with a greater height limit, and do you think it should be added?
_WinterBear
Level 31 : Artisan Bear

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/26/2012 6:28 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Hero
sed11
If you flew over the height limit with the mod then got rid of the mod it shouldn't crash your game since you can fly as high as you want.
Just don't switch to survival with TMI that high unless you're over lava XD

*Yes I know lava kills you but that was a joke ._.*
01/26/2012 6:14 pm
Level 22 : Expert Taco
Pryne123
i totally agree with this, what if you're making a huge pixel art and it'z not big enough? D:
01/26/2012 6:11 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Baconator
Rova
There is actually a modification you can add to the minecraft game called the dynamic height mod. People use it to build grand sky castles and airships and things. It's pretty cool.

it's probably limited due to the fact that the java files take up so much memory as it is. Adding more space to an already almost infinite game would make it run slower.
01/26/2012 6:17 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
chrisman0091
now what if you got that, went higher on that then normal MC, and deleted ur mod??
01/26/2012 6:22 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Baconator
Rova
Lol, might crash my client XD
01/26/2012 6:13 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Bear
_WinterBear
Yes I know there is a mod, there are several, but that just changes the height, it doesn't allow for any other features that could be added with a change in height.
01/26/2012 6:10 pm
Level 43 : Master Fox
Fokkusu
It would be nice, but I'm sure its limited for a reason.

Edit: Would be nice on SMP, without modding/pluggins
01/26/2012 6:09 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Taco
FoxOfDoom
Evilbannana1This is just my opinion, and don't get me wrong, I love the game, but there are a whole load of things that people would love to see added to the experience and to me, it seems to boil down to one thing. The Height Limit. 120 blocks. Thats 120 meters. The average sea depth on earth is around 3700 meters, and the average mountain height is 4000. Of course I'm not saying we should have such huge values, but with just ten times the current limit, think of the possibilities! All the ocean content you could want would look decent and fit in if you had oceans deeper than 100 blocks. Underwater ruins, pirate ships, fish, coral reefs and krakens would all be able to have room to be implemented without looking squashed. And what about the sky? Tall cities with skyscrapers, and that mountaintop citadel you've always dreamed of, sitting on a 500 block high lump of rock capped with snow. Dragons could soar the skies, and forests could be taller and with more room for climbing mobs and canopy dwellers. Minecraft is a game with freedom, you can build what you want to build. The only limit, is your imagination and the height limit. And I know there are other issues with the game, just I find this one to be the biggest. So what would you guys do with a greater height limit, and do you think it should be added?

Good thing there's a mod for this!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome