The Most Expensive World Save is coming to you for free!

DaleCraft's Avatar DaleCraft4/16/12 2:10 am
5/4/2012 1:25 pm
ZaphodX's Avatar ZaphodX
Hello, Its me again (though most of you probably will of forgotten about me and my group over the 8months i have been traveling the world)

At one point in your life you must of wondered "whats it like on the other side of the world" soon you can visit it, in Terra 2.

Terra 2 is an upcoming free PlanetMineCraft.com exclusive world save featuring 90% of the world photo-realistically replicated in the world of minecraft

Me and 9 members of [McP] have been traveling across the world taking pictures and recording data about how the world looks and feels, from the harshness of the Sahara desert to the frostbiten Antartic (Yes, we went there too) all together, we have spent over
Click to reveal
£750,000 (plus £50,000 to a village in Ethiopia)
to get this information first-hand, Special meetings with city planners, architects from around the world oh and even a governor, we also paid for travelling expenses such as a coach, a couple of ferries, a plane or two, and maybe a couple of big macs on the way all paid for by us through our jobs as programmers,Graphic designers and an Architectural Designer

We started off the 8month journey in England and traveled to 150 different countries, considering there's approx 200 countries in the world we didn't do too bad with the time we had... sorry Iraq, maybe next time.

The Highlights were of course were admiring the wonder of the world and understanding the reasons behind such breathtaking architecture. A memorable part of the journey for me was when we was able to speak the the governor of Tokyo, Shintaro Ishihara, when we asked him about his thoughts on our projects, he admired the effort put into the project, but had no clue what MineCraft was. We would have showed him what it was all about but we was on a strict time limit with him.

As mentioned earlier, we donated £50,000 to a village in Ethiopia, we hope to go back and see what they do with it in the next trip.

All this was for Project Terra 2: Modern Life. We are going to Highly Modify the Current Project Terra world map and replicate 90% of the world as of 2012, making it the biggest, most expensive and most realistic MineCraft World Save to date. Also, we are using DaleCraft 2012 as a texture pack to give us photo-realistic textures which use real images taken by the [McP] team during our journey.

Thank you to all the fans we saw on our journey and all the people that helped us accomplish this goal.

Unfortunately, due to the mammoth task ahead we expect a 2013 release date but it will be worth waiting.... the best bit Notch approves!!

D & the [McP] 10.

P.S All the pictures, videos, interviews, and project updates are on the free phone app: "McGlone Projects: Terra Nova"

Please Sub, It will give us confidence in ourselves and the project.

Details on a competition, and release dates Below
Click to reveal
Project Terra 2: Release Date - sometime 2013.

DaleCraft 2012: Release Date - Holidays 2012.
- which include but not limited to;
(Special Packs)
DaleCraft '12: Artic Attack
DaleCraft '12: Saharan Sunshine
DaleCraft '12: Tokyo Twilight
DaleCraft '12: London Olympic Edition
(Standard Packs)
DaleCraft '12: California
DaleCraft '12: Madrid
DaleCraft '12: Roma
DaleCraft '12: Beijing

DaleCraft EasyBlock 5 - July/August

Off-Topic Competition:
Click to reveal
We Started a Namek (DBZ) world back last year and we thought we'd turn it into a competition instead.
The Idea is the person who creates the best DragonBall Z themed world (doesn't have to have a texture pack with it) wins a place in the [McP] Terra 2 Team and involvement in a Secret high profile 2013 project.
Deadline is September 22nd 2012.

Any further details please message me.
DaleCraft
Level 45 : Master Enderdragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/04/2012 1:25 pm
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
LQ troll is LQ.

Locked for Obvious Reasons.
04/16/2012 7:13 pm
Level 27 : Expert Spleefer
Hi_Peeps
Woah, as soon as it comes out I'm getting it!
04/16/2012 12:45 pm
DaleCraft
Animatrix
rageman96I had to come back to PMC just to laugh at this, do you people actually believe this is true?

H'mhm~
I'm in two minds, but in the end, I just decided to sit and wait. If this turns out to be legit, then I can stop my disbelieving. If it's a fraud, then I reserve that right to say "I told ya so".

what would make it fraud would be if we was charging £XX for the world save that hasnt been made yet, if i was charging for a pre-order or something and not produce it then its different.

we have lived too long in this decade to remember that things can be legit and free at the same time, game companies such as EA, Activision, Bioware etc. which charge for a re textured object or for a 1kb file are outrageous and have made everyone of the current generation think that things dont come free.
04/16/2012 11:43 am
Level 25 : Expert Network
Animatrix
rageman96I had to come back to PMC just to laugh at this, do you people actually believe this is true?

H'mhm~
I'm in two minds, but in the end, I just decided to sit and wait. If this turns out to be legit, then I can stop my disbelieving. If it's a fraud, then I reserve that right to say "I told ya so".
04/16/2012 8:31 am
Level 47 : Master Pony
PineappleRobot
I Am Proud Of You.
04/16/2012 8:30 am
Level 34 : Artisan Pokemon
NobSwitch
Also subbbed to the creator so I will see when this comes out! Shame your planning it to be available in 2013 though.
04/16/2012 8:22 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Skinner
smoker6
fadel
We started off the 8month journey in England and traveled to 150 different countries

Suuuuuuuree
, we have spent over £750,000 (plus £50,000 to a villagein Ethiopia)

And how did you get all that money?

im guessing though there high paying jobs they were talking about? im sad im the only person i know who reads things hole these days....
04/16/2012 8:06 am
Level 47 : Master Spelunker
vaxivop
Mind = Blown

Seriously, if this is gonna be as i think it will be so big. Not just "for a game" this is gamebreaking. Think about it. THE WHOLE WORLD! The whole fucking planet build in a game. When this is done its gonna be big.
04/16/2012 7:07 pm
DaleCraft
well technically we have already made the planet. it just isn't as big as Terra 2. And it doesn't feature any landmarks, its basically just the earth, trees, cacti etc. But its still great fun

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/project-terra/ thats the link, just waiting for it to come back online... it was pulled for lack of pictures. but thats fixed
That world save should prove to the disbelievers that we are capable of making such feats
04/16/2012 7:36 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
zaacman
WOW JUST WOW!!
04/16/2012 7:28 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
This is amazing! I'm really looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with and I envy you your awesome trip!

I would suggest a "donate to help out villages around the world" button when you put up your upload, and have the money sent to whatever charitable organization you think best.
04/16/2012 7:33 am
Level 28 : Expert Architect
Roran234
^ This.
04/16/2012 5:56 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Mage
noobyburger
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. tell the Architectural Designer i said, lucky B***ard.
04/16/2012 5:50 am
Level 22 : Expert Unicorn
Gagaking
Awesome! If its real.
04/16/2012 3:53 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Pixel Puncher
Creeper Hugs U
I just had the biggest nerdg*sm reading this xD Sounds so epic i subbed
04/16/2012 3:19 am
Level 47 : Master Lad
Doggle
You seem like cool, good guys, waiting; eagerly sittinger here I wil stay until I can play this! I have ALWAYS wanted this sort of map, last time I found one it was a fake. You guys are awesome!
04/16/2012 3:28 am
DaleCraft
Well for the time being you could always play our "Project Terra" its a 3GB+ Download and needs approx 2-2.4ghz processor to run 100% smoothly (due to the size) though, so that kinda makes me wonder how demanding (Processor-wise and size-wise) this is going to be... have fun.

Remember to sub to us to get a chance of being in the private BETA.
04/16/2012 3:14 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Princess
toxikr3
That is quite nice.

It does not matter if people believe it or not. If the world save is good then why does it matter?

I, regardless of whether your story is true or not, shall look forward to this.

-Toxikr3
04/16/2012 3:10 am
DaleCraft
...... you'd get much more profit that way.

Profit?? you think we did all this to make a few extra coins? no.
Though this probably would make some money for us, but we did not do this for money, we are not called activision.

Too many things cost money these days, even water costs money, an experience like this should not. we are a self-funded group and we don't intend on charging our followers a penny for any of our content.

at the beginning discussions for this project we had a potential "sponsor" come up to use and offer to pay for the trip, it sounded promising until they asked for "50% of the profit made by Project Terra 2" and this point i said to them "Profit? You think we are charging for this?" they just seemed puzzled and we never heard from them again.

Think of it as a gift, for thats what it is.
04/16/2012 3:07 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Ninja
barish_15
Nice.. just nice
04/16/2012 3:02 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Pirate
nightmareclouds
I think the idea is great! Your not lying I can tell.
04/16/2012 2:58 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Network
Mothgirl
I searched for the words to describe my complete and utter amazement, but found none.
04/16/2012 2:36 am
Level 47 : Master Wizard
ARREXP
i like pie
04/16/2012 2:36 am
Level 47 : Master Wizard
ARREXP
but ur stuff is amazing!!
04/16/2012 2:34 am
Level 20 : Expert Miner
fadel
Almost 1 million dollar for a game?
Try on mcforums,they will maybe believe you.
04/16/2012 2:43 am
DaleCraft
£800,000 actually. and i expected this kind of disbelief. its not just "for a game" and its not just "a world save" its an educational experience which will hopefully reach out to those wish to learn more about the world. In each of the cities we visited there will be a section of information about the country it is in and information about the different types of building design and bits about what it feels like to be there and how long it took to make the area.

Eventually it is planned to be incorporated into two large Roleplaying servers with different people ruling different regions.

One server with all the features of Terra 2 (existing cities and buildings)
One server with a blank canvas ( that of Terra 1, with basic outlines of cities) for the full world reconstruction roleplaying server
04/16/2012 2:42 am
Animatrix
I'm disbelieving aswell, although more accepting.

Fade, it's not tremendously difficult to get that amount of money if you have well-paying jobs (graphical designer...). It would take maybe a few years to save up for absolutely everything, not that long considering an 8 month trip.

What I don't believe is, why us? Why travel most of the world just for realistic stuff for us? You're better off making it availible to all, you'd get much more profit that way.
04/16/2012 2:46 am
DaleCraft
Terra 2 is planned for PMC because [McP] had a meeting and decided that they thought this was the best place for minecraft downloads, and we always test out things on here and learn from it.

Terra 2 the roleplaying servers are for all though, everyone is welcome when that is released

i hope that clarifies you a bit.
04/16/2012 3:04 am
Animatrix
Yea, a bit.
Well, all I can do now is sit and wait.
04/16/2012 2:30 am
DaleCraft
fadel
We started off the 8month journey in England and traveled to 150 different countries

Suuuuuuuree

read the entire post, i understand your disbelief but i assure you it is true.

There are these things called "Jobs" here the quote iwas refering to "...all paid for by us through our jobs as programmers,Graphic designers and an Architectural Designer"

Thank you all for reading.
04/16/2012 2:28 am
Level 26 : Expert Architect
Atredes
I respect you.
04/16/2012 2:28 am
Level 20 : Expert Miner
fadel

Suuuuuuuree

04/16/2012 2:26 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc78577
[deleted]
04/16/2012 2:20 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Maxbeniuk2
Wow...
04/16/2012 2:24 am
DaleCraft
Best bit of all;

All the downloads (Terra 2/DaleCraft Texture Packs) will be free and Exclusive to PMC
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome