The times we were noobs

Anguson12345's Avatar Anguson1234511/13/13 11:16 pm
11/15/2013 9:50 pm
-Kali-'s Avatar -Kali-
We've all had times we knew next to nothing about the game. Post about those times here! Just a minute ago, I had a lot of iron, gold, lapis, and redstone. Then I saw more iron, and mined it. Straight down. One block above lava.
Anguson12345
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/15/2013 9:50 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
-Kali-
Never actually dug down into lava b4 lol, and thats how i always mine. I fell one block thinking I wouldnt die, but i did...
11/15/2013 9:45 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Artist
Steven295695
Back before I bought Minecraft, I was playing the PC Demo. On my very very first night, I was like "So...what do I do?"(this was before I watched all those tutorials and whatever) I was still on Easy, and I didn't realize it. So, when I saw a couple of monsters, I was like "OH MY GOD!" and I ran up this little hill and dug a 1 block wide hole, 2 block high hole, and a 3 block long hole. (3x1x2). I filled up the entrance and hid in the hole for the entire night. I kept breaking the dirt block to see if the night was over yet, then replaced it. After a few times repeating this process, I was face-to-face with a creeper, and I stayed there, frozen. The last thing on my first life that I heard was a "Ssssssssssss...", then an explosion.
11/15/2013 9:31 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
craftykids
I forgot the tool recipes and tried to craft them with planks instead of stick, and got confused when I realized that wooden shovels and swords would be crafted the same way.

I got lost in a big cave and spent a long time trying to find my way out (instead of just mining out).

There's probably other stuff, but those are the first ones to come to mind.
11/15/2013 8:52 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Engineer
123outerme
I was one of those noobs. When I went on my first server, I was told how to chat (by pressing the T button. When I did that, I thought my friend told me to do /t (message). After I figured out my mistake, I facepalmed so hard, that my palm stung for an hour.
11/15/2013 8:50 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
Aman671
HERES MY STORY..............

well when I first saw minecraft is when I went to the youth center( a place where kids can hang out) and saw kids on the computers playing the dropper in minecraft(I didn't know by the time) the first I notice was the the block hand. in my head I was like "Ha, GAAAAAAAAY". I first got mc on the phone. I never knew wat to do. so all I did was dig strayt down
11/15/2013 8:33 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Skinner
xCoraCat_
ahh, I remember now... I had just spawned in a new world for THE first time. I had read the tutorials about monsters, surviving your last night etc. Well, I just spawned and I wentwandering. I found a little cave with ice in it so made a house there. It became night and I was freaked out because I was told there monsters. I hadn't seen any, but I was still worried. 3 years later... I found out it was on peaceful... And I was in creative mode XD XD XD lol
11/15/2013 8:14 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Artist
minecraft022403
Ah... I remember my dirt house, it was made of mostly dirt (A few cobblestone and planks) It was a two story house, I forgot torches in it..... And the next night (SsSsSs)
A creeper spawned right by my bed... And I died the next morning I was wanting to plant seeds, so what I did was throw the seed in a cube covered the top up and right-clicked the dirt with the hoe, I thought that was how you planted back then...
11/15/2013 8:00 pm
Anguson12345
The day I forgot how to turn iron ore into ingots...
11/14/2013 2:40 pm
Level 40 : Master Warrior
atabler
I hid in a tree all day and jumped outta my seat when a zombie moaned... LOL good times.
Later when i had a hobo hole and i was a-punchin a tree, I saw a creeper.... and guess what i did? I walked right over to him and i hit him once and thought i killed him... well guess what! I saw my first death screen yay! *says flatly
11/14/2013 2:22 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
Thrix
When i started playing minecraft (Beta 1.6) i never built a house until the 2nd night... ._.
11/14/2013 1:38 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Turtle
ryancat101
Aww the good time when I didn't know how to make a craft table... And trying to break bedrock... The good times...
11/14/2013 1:34 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Princess
Dialga
back in the early days of beta 1.5 i got in a mob of zombie pigmen when i cheated my way into the nether and i punched one because i didn't know what it did... i was in survival... i just spawned items in with toomanyitems
11/14/2013 8:05 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Pokemon
bean1008
when i was a noob at my first night i had made a cave house but i heard slender noises and i was like what the heck? so then i looked outside and there was a hole. then i looked up (after filling it with wood) and saw and endermen. i never saw my stuff from that night. EVER AGAIN
11/14/2013 7:29 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
elnut
LEGO HOW DO U OWN HYPIXELS SERVER?!?!?!
11/14/2013 7:34 am
Level 28 : Expert Toast
markandminecraft
This man has already shown how he was a noob with this simple sentence.
It's his favorite server not his server, if you edit your forum settings it says favorite minecraft server but on a forum it says minecraft server.
11/14/2013 7:39 am
Level 43 : Master Pokemon
Jacob Rigoberto
Damn, you quoted him before me
11/14/2013 6:35 am
Level 28 : Expert Geek
c165
I made a giant dirt house but couldn't figure out why monsters kept spawning. I realized the problem was that I had only one torch in a giant dirt box. Then I found out about inventory editors and I used them to gain unlimited resources before created was added. Learn how to install mods, maps and textures and I'm here.
11/14/2013 6:26 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Dragon
ProtonCarrot
My first time seeing a creeper, back in Alpha 1.0_15
It was daytime, I'd just left my first house. Spotting a creeper behind a tree twenty blocks away, I screamed 'GHERKIN', dashed inside, slammed the door, and refused to play with mobs on for two weeks.

I was a special kid
11/14/2013 6:19 am
Level 43 : Master Pokemon
Jacob Rigoberto
My biggest fail EVER?
Here you go:
It was dark, in my 4x4 dirt house. I spent the whole night right clicking my crafting table. Then it became day. Guess what? I had forgotten to turn my block of log into an crafting table.
11/14/2013 4:42 am
Level 37 : Artisan uwu
zymasas
I spent like 2 weeks trying to figure out how to make sticks...
11/14/2013 4:34 am
Level 28 : Expert Taco
Phoenix_13
I thought I could jump long distances if I was sprinting ...
I tried to jump over a ravine which about 20 blocks wide
11/14/2013 4:26 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Pokemon
Flashers
I just dawdled about punching things enthusiastically.
Then the night came.

I got shot by a skeleton and I flipped out, running in panic across a lake and into a forest, then I dug a hole, covered it up, and cried the night out.

That was my first Minecraft day in a nutshell.
11/14/2013 3:52 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Dragon
MalMal12
I made a house that was a block of cobblestone with no windows and a torch in the middle. mobs kept spawning and I had no idea why
11/14/2013 3:25 am
Level 28 : Expert Toast
markandminecraft
I started out in creative mode so I didn't no anything about the mobs and how to play survival, so one day I was building a redstone elevator(I found the tutorial online) when suddenly a creeper spawned near it so I punched it and it exploded, I never hit a creeper in creative mode ever again.
11/14/2013 3:18 am
Level 32 : Artisan Hunter
Wyvernian
Another NOOB story:

I had a great day irl. I was so happy . But, that was my downfall.
I get on MC and continue my Hardcore world that I had spent a week on. Because I was so happy, I thought I should go explore. And guess what I found, horses!!!! I was so happy I ran around, while jumping, not looking where I was going. I then fell into a ravine, 50 blocks deep or so. I died. I rage quited that day (not like I had a choice )
11/14/2013 3:13 am
Level 32 : Artisan Hunter
Wyvernian
When I first got MC (1.5 or thereabouts) I saw an enderman. I had never seen one before, and so i looked into its eyes I didn't realise that this would anger it and when I heard its scream I ran into my house. I shut the door and i turn around and see it inside the damn house (I didn't know they could teleport, and my house happened to be 3 blocks high inside)! I died that day.
11/14/2013 1:01 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Gent
fase
I was building my firs house(Beta 1.3) and I decided to put a lava ceiling, of course this wouldn't be a big deal, except for the fact of my house being made of wood........ I loved that house so much.....
11/14/2013 12:51 am
Level 23 : Expert Archer
Gamecool 10
Oh yeah, I am a noob at Tekkit now.

Wasn't being a noob such an awesome time, now I can relive it!
11/14/2013 12:31 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Cyborg
RCXcrafter
When 1.5 came out I wasn't really a noob anymore, but I thought that the hopper was something you could sit in and hop around on.
11/14/2013 12:24 am
Level 23 : Expert Archer
Gamecool 10
On Xbox: I tried to hug a creeper because a friend of mine told me they gave you health...

On PC: I clicked the mouse button a load of times, thinking that you had to repetitively click to break blocks.

By the way, I started on 1.5.2 (current version, not Beta.)
11/14/2013 12:18 am
Level 36 : Artisan System
wrenchdogs
Ok, so, when I first started playing for real in Beta 1.8, I was very confused and didn't know how to change the difficulty. So there I was, out there in the raining desert in a hole trying to fend of spiders with some string. I also repeatedly clicked the mouse button to hit the tree to get logs.
11/14/2013 12:18 am
Anguson12345
At first, I was scared of survival mode, so I started out in creative mode, and I have at least 100+ worlds. About four fifths of them were in creative mode.
11/14/2013 12:09 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
Ace Ginger
When I started in 1.3.1, I thought I wasn't ready for survival so I made my first world in creative. That world ended up being the coolest jungle island seed ever in all the history of minecraft (opinion), and I started a massive creative empire which I built on for several months. I then started a small vanilla server with friends based on that world, and eventually it became a freebuilding world which now has so many projects I no longer remember all of them or when they happened. I still have that world...
11/14/2013 12:02 am
Steven295695
When I found my first dungeon, I was like "ogm!!! :OO" and I entered the dungeon. It happened to be a spider spawner. The spiders spawned fast enough to overwhelm me, and I died. Splat. On my second try, I finally was able to stop the spiders from spawning, and robbed the chests. I felt proud.
11/14/2013 12:00 am
Anguson12345
I thought the log cabin I was building needed a fireplace...
11/13/2013 11:55 pm
Level 43 : Master Nether Knight
TheEvilKittyWizard
In my first 6 hours of playing Minecraft (Alpha 1.0.3) I had built a 4-bedroom victorian house on the beach. Note: It was ENTIRELY made of logs, wooden planks, fences, wooden stairs, and wooden slabs.

A few Minecraft days after construction was complete, I noticed some trees were blocking the view out of the back of my home. I proceeded to chop some down with my iron axe, but it was a slow process since I only had 3-5 fps at the time.

I grew impatient, and thinking that my house was at a minimum-safe-distance when it came to fire spread, I crafted a pair of Flint & Steel and lit a tree ablaze from the top of my roof.

Worst. Decision. EVER. The next thing I remember, I was on fire, fleeing down the 2 flights of stairs and gathering my valubles while frantically placing random blocks over the fire as best as I could before I fled to the ocean.

The moral of the story: Be patient and don't use fire near a wooden house!
11/13/2013 11:55 pm
Steven295695
When I was building my first house, I decided to put down my first blocks of TnT and play around with it a little bit. However, I misplaced one TnT block, and it was facing my house. Since it was early Beta, you couldn't just punch it and it would go to normal. Back then, if you punched TnT, you'd set it off. So, I thought nothing of it and hit one TnT block in the back, and it went off. The TnT launched that off-set TnT block straight towards my house. Erm...whoops again??
11/13/2013 11:53 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Artist
RoviiMotion
when I thought beating 1 creeper, 2 spiders, and a skeleton at the same time was to brag about to my friends. xD
11/13/2013 11:48 pm
Anguson12345
One time, I had the brilliant idea to test my running skills. I stood between two creepers, and did /gamemode survival, started running, and died.
11/13/2013 11:46 pm
Level 48 : Master Lad
evanmoney
When I was a noob I was deathly afraid of night time and endermen scared the crap out of me.
11/13/2013 11:44 pm
Level 28 : Expert Taco
Phoenix_13
I hugged a creeper. Nuff' said
11/13/2013 11:41 pm
Level 40 : Master Cake
aman207
I punched a wolf.
11/13/2013 11:39 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Crafter
That_One_SkinMaker
lol
11/13/2013 11:36 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
Stormbringer527
The first time I went to the nether, I started digging a tunnel diagonally downwards. After a moment, I saw red stuff dripping from the ceiling, and had no idea what it was. Guess what I did? I mined out the ceiling, only to die in lava.
11/13/2013 11:28 pm
Anguson12345
When I first started playing MC, (in 1.5) I couldn't figure out how to tame an ocelot.
I thought it was tame, so I opened the door, thinking it would follow me. It dashed outside and immediately jumped into the lake next to my house. I was so confused. That day I learned about how ghasts make loud sounds, and hou they sound like an injured baby when they are hurt. It's a good thing I wasn't wearing headphones, except my sound was on full, and my computer's volume was turned up a lot...
11/13/2013 11:27 pm
Level 24 : Expert Taco
AlexSMDD
When I first started playing minecraft I was in a skype call with my best friend Derrick.
Well I had just learned how to move around and break blocks and such.
He switches to creative, me not knowing how he did it or why.
He told me to stand still.
So he built a huge obsidian tower around me and gave me a wooden pickaxe.
He goes alright Alex, I want you to break through this, don't worry you'll get through it.
About a minute later my pickaxe goes out and he decides to give me a stone.
I started to get very mad because the obsidian just would not break, he goes "just keep going you'll break it".
I never broke it ;-;
11/13/2013 11:21 pm
Steven295695
I'll update when I remember something else from back then, from the early ages of my experience with MC.
11/13/2013 11:19 pm
Steven295695
I was the most boring "noob" ever. Sure, I was new, but I had actually watched tutorials about how to play, how to survive your first night, etc. So, I made almost no mistakes. However, there was one tutorial I didn't watch; which was how to tame a wolf. So, when I saw a wolf (I bought the game in Beta 1.5_0.1), I got out some bones and um...left-clicked it. I angered the wolf and um...got hunted down. Whoops.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome