Tips for a new Minecraft server??

Cornelis213's Avatar Cornelis2133/10/12 9:26 pm
3/11/2012 12:40 am
Theodor488's Avatar Theodor488
Do you know of a server that has just opened and has little online, tips on the server to me :D Have no server and playing for time so will have a low online and to play on :D Btw, the server MOST where in 1.2.3!
Cornelis213
Level 6 : Apprentice Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Theodor488
03/11/2012 12:40 am
Level 31 : Artisan Theorist
Make something different from other servers like an rpg server where you get money by fighting in duels minigames and capture the flag.
xXTHEGOATXx
03/11/2012 12:34 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Dragon
1. Never give up on it! The time maybe tough but keep going with it!
2. Don't give into power crazy noobs. most of them want to damage your server. true admins and mods don't bother asking.
3.(if your hosting it from a home connection) make sure you have enough Ram and a fast enough connection speed or your server will go down in popularity fairly quickly!
4. make a website for it! most servers have websites for the servers! its vital when you want to get into the donation phase of your server going
5. always say "welcome" to new players or "hi welcome back" to veteran players. (trust me it makes great first impressions!)
6. If your hosting from a server company make sure you have at least enough funds to keep it going for 2 months by the 1 month mark though your server should start accepting donations! (PM me if you need help with this)
7. keep it legit! no one likes a all creative server for very long!
8. be active and have a team of active admins! make sure you always have at least one admin on your server.
9. Get plugins! run your server off of bukkit also!
10. don't ban anyone unless your absolutely sure of what has happened in the situation.
11. ignore whiny players and ban hackers, and spammers right away!
12.have server events. great way to keep server popularity up and have something for the players to look forward to! (ex. arenas, mob battles, races, etc.

hope my advice for you was found helpful
xXTHEGOATXx
Cassie
03/11/2012 12:08 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Artist
I think you're asking for tips on beginning a server?
Respect your players.
Don't be rule heavy. Just the basics, no one likes control freaks.
Get anti-grief plugins, unless your server allows it.
Don't allow random people to be OPs/Mods and don't allow your friends to be OP just because they're your friends.

If and when your server gets popular, you can put up a donation rank and perks and things like that.
But don't do it in the beginning unless you seriously can't run a server without funds.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome